Replay Box Review

replay box

were can i purchase a replay box from i have a fta at the moment and are going to sell it thanks

mickymcdee said:
were can i purchase a replay box from i have a fta at the moment and are going to sell it thanks
try here mate >>> [DLMURL]http://www.datageeks.co.uk/products.html[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
try elite786

mickymcdee said:
got me one the same day,,, no one else has any , post him elite786 ,

thomson said:
try here mate >>> [DLMURL]http://www.datageeks.co.uk/products.html[/DLMURL]
ordered myself a replay box off datageeks in the early hours of 24/12/05 - when i got up that morning I checked their site and it said they were out of stock.

Just hoping I got in there in time to get one of the remaining stock and don't have to wait till January.

Last edited by a moderator:
hello every1,

the big question everyone wants to know, does the replaybox feature a ethernet port? it doesnt unfortunately and it doesnt have any streaming capabilities to PC. i dont know if this will be implemented in future.

hope that answers your questions .

Regards,

elite786 said:
hello every1,

the big question everyone wants to know, does the replaybox feature a ethernet port? it doesnt unfortunately and it doesnt have any streaming capabilities to PC. i dont know if this will be implemented in future.

hope that answers your questions .

Regards,
so how does it connect to pc then, null modem or what ?

ahhh,

My Lappy hasn't got a rs232 port and the docking station only has a parallel port. Has anyone got a usb - rs232 adaptor to flash the replay box successfully.

Cheers,

de_deej

how do i flash the box with all of the service files in the box, and the favs, the image, etc etc, is there a manual to show me how to do this?

thomson said:
so how does it connect to pc then, null modem or what ?

YUP! null modem :)

de_deej said:
ahhh,

My Lappy hasn't got a rs232 port and the docking station only has a parallel port. Has anyone got a usb - rs232 adaptor to flash the replay box successfully.

Cheers,

de_deej

Join the party m8! spent £1300 on the bloody thing and the tight gits dint even include a RS232 port. how tight is that! just incase ur wondering its a sony vaio! all looks n performance but no serial port!!! :Chainsaw: lol

nstokes said:
how do i flash the box with all of the service files in the box, and the favs, the image, etc etc, is there a manual to show me how to do this?

mate theres a quick guide for isntalling the hard drive and flashing. and done a reviews(1st post have a quick read) that will tell you wot to do.

happy new year guys.

elite786 said:
Join the party m8! spent £1300 on the bloody thing and the tight gits dint even include a RS232 port. how tight is that! just incase ur wondering its a sony vaio! all looks n performance but no serial port!!! :Chainsaw: lol

lol... mines a vaio as well and I got the docking station which only gives me an extra parallel port. How do you flash the box ?? Will a usb adaptor work ??

de_deej

de_deej said:
lol... mines a vaio as well and I got the docking station which only gives me an extra parallel port. How do you flash the box ?? Will a usb adaptor work ??

de_deej

: shocked2 :FRIGHT:

no serial port on docking station!!! : shocked2

sony are tight! i flashed my box with the PC had to take it upstairs and flash it. ive ordered a Usb to serial converter recomended by Halebop! £11 including delivery its usb 2.0 comes with a add on DB25 connector silver braided looks cool :)

dont know why really cus ill be sellng the laptop soon lol!

hope that helps mate.

another noob question

is it possiable to back up ur files like serivces, favs etc, if how with sw?

Sony Vaio? Good performance? Are you sure?? :FRIGHT:

yea mate save your favs and channel list by opening the stb link and click read user data and to write them to box click write factory data ,so what we can do is setup a wee area for everyone who has sorted out channel order and favs for people who just get there box to save them time messing about sorting it all out.

Back