Replacing CCCam Server with OSCAM server

gsmtech

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone migrated a CCCAM server to OSCAM ? Im looking to run pure OSCAM as the card reader and server to CCCAM clients. I.e: I dont want any client side changes they need to use their existing C-lines.
Also currently I have auto entitlement updates from a local client as the server does not have a Sat feed. Can OSCAM take CCCAM emms from a client for AU purposes ?
If anyones running a similar setup to the above, can they post up the configs theryre using . This is on a DM500 by the way.

Mate uses a 500c and you can set it up to receive emm from a cccam client to update card. He doesn't use oscam solo but has oscam as card reader (so he can get premier sports) and uses cccam 2.1.3 as the server still.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Dont particularly want to run multiple cams, specially if it's CCCam 2.13. It's an old version. OSCAM can support the CCCAM protocol and AU with dvbapi, just need to figure the configs out.

Dont particularly want to run multiple cams, specially if it's CCCam 2.13. It's an old version. OSCAM can support the CCCAM protocol and AU with dvbapi, just need to figure the configs out.

Yep, done it. Was using CCcam at first, then installed Oscam due to pick TV and used a n Line to my CCcam and was sharing that way. Now I just use Oscam betwen 8 mates and family, same clines just used CCcam option in Oscam to send out clines and get ecm or emm whatever it is from one box in the bedroom
Works OK as well

Had a play with this last night, works with just oscam and dvbapi, cccam protocol enabled . It's not stable though seems to crash randomly also had to manual install it on pli maxvar image, it doesn't auto start when the box boots or restart when you tell it to from the webif. I'll have another look when I get time, I suspect logging may be causing crashes by using all the space up in the tmp directory, I'll disable this and retest. Also need to look into why the start up script isn't working, or why oscam doesn't restart from the webif . It's a bit crap having to manually start the cam via telnet .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

If it is crashing are you sure you have installed the correct Oscam binary? the one you are looking for should be tuxbox-old version. the version number i would recommend would be 6089 as it is the latest of the stable builds.

Once cccam protocol is enabled in oscam.conf with correct ports etc you can just make your various client user accounts in Oscam.user. you could also activate newcamd protocol to run alongside cccam and then gradually start swapping clients over to it with them using mgcamd for extra security.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

it is the correct version, tuxbox-old. It's the latest unstable build I was using maybe I need to drop back to the last stable build. Configs appear to be correct as client connections work and channels are clearing. Oscam just tends to crash, It also as mentioned doesnt start when PLI boots I have to manually start it from the shell via telnet also doesnt restart if I selct restart from the Webif.

EDIT..

After having another look at this it appears Oscam is not crashing, it's something to do with the PLI image and starting/stopping Oscam. Oscam is not officially supported in E1 PI images so you cant automatically install it from the downloads menu. Also if you manually copy across the tar.gz to /tmp and try a manual install it fails.
I followed the instructions on how to manually install Oscam i.e: the .ppc file is copied to /var/bin and named oscam with 755 permissions. Also the user, config and server cfg files are placed in the releavnt location and set to 755 as well.
I have also created a blank file named oscam in the location tio allow oscam to appear in the cardserver selection list in the pli softcam manager. However setting Oscam as the default caerdserver doesnt appear to work, i.e: the cam doesnt start when the reciver is booted. I tried a script I found on a dfferent site as well with 755 permsissiions to start Oscam on boot..which doesnt appear to work either.
I can as mentioned telnet to the box and run /var/bin/oscam to start the cam. All is well as long as I keep my telnet session open. if I close the telnet session the cam shuts down...
Does anyone know how I can get Oscam to start when the reciever boots up and also get it to stiop/start correctly from the web interface ? This seems to be an issue with permissions and or rights on the Oscam binary, but I have checked to make sure permissions are set to 755.

Last edited:
I've changed the binary back to the last stable release 6089, same issue. Its not an oscam crash issue it looks like a permissions or pli specific issue. The oscam is not auto starting with the image even though a startup script is in place. I can manually start oscam from telnet but as soon as I close my telnet session it kills the cam process.
I need a working start script for a pli e1 image. I'll try upping the permissions on the binary to 775 from 755 and see if anything changes.

EDIT..

It's alive...fixed it by upping the permissions on the oscam binary to 776, and my startup script wasnt working for some reason...so I copied the camd3 startup script that was already existing changed the paths to the oscam paths and saved the file as oscam.
The cam also restarts via the webif correctly now, I suspect this was a permissions issue causing the inability to restart from webif, the other issue was caused by the startup script being incorrect. The last piece of the puzzle is now watching it to make sure the entitlements are updated correctly by dvbapi taking emms from a local LAN client via CCCam protocol.
Got a srvid file and services file sorted as well so i can recognise the channel PID's in the webif now...

Last edited:
hi guys after much difficulty i have set up my sub on my box and viewing channels, my server is running cccam 2.1.4 but i want to have a oscam-cccam setup so i am able to clear premier espn etc anyone give me a foolproof idiots guide as how i go about doing this. i have dm800 hd clone running dreamelite phoenix

Back