replacing capacitor in DM800HD

photen

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, I've had my DM800HD Rev. M for a while now. Lately I have been getting the Tune Failed on a lot of channels (SD as well as HD). The dish and LNB alignment is correct as has been tested on another box.

I was thinking of replacing the capacitor that is under the tuner. This cap is 330uf 16V. My question is which value capacitor do i replace it with?

Any help appreciated :)

are you sure thats the cause

tuner may be on way out assuming you have an updated channel list

are you sure thats the cause

tuner may be on way out assuming you have an updated channel list

yes mate, channel list has been updated but still no luck. As you said maybe tuner is on its way out. I thought I'd try one more option of cap replacement before accepting defeat.

Would you not replace it with the same value cap? If the one on your tuner is broken then replacing it with the same should fix the issue. Only other option is keep the same cap value 330uf and up the voltage value. I'm sure someone else can confirm this also.

It would need to be exactly the same as the one already on it, and fitted the correct way

Any 330uF cap will do if the voltage is 16v or above. It would be best to use 105 degree caps. Just make sure the cap goes in the right way round + to + -to -.

Thanks for the replies guys. I see that Maplin has a 330uf Cap but voltage is 50V and the existing one is 16V, just wanted to confirm is the big jump in voltage from 16V to 50V ok?

It is also 105c and 20% tolerance which is good.

Too big a jump, try and get a 16V one, at most a 25V one, ebay will have them.

As healey82 has said it doesn't matter as such to go for >16V on the cap as long as it is 330uf

However I would try and get a 16V cap if possible

I'll try and order similar voltage caps from ebay and see how it goes, Will post back on the results.

Ordered cap from ebay, will update once I receive it and replace it.

Back