Replacement fan for Technomate 5402 HD

It must b e fairly easy to open up the TM and replace the fan with one you can buy in an electroshop ?
Even a fan from a PC repair shop will do ! (which are dead silent ....)

Sure, it is easy to open up the case and get to the fan. The fans I mentioned earlier in the thread might not be suitable due to clearances inside the case. The original fan is 15mm thick and has a small clearance above a finned heatsink that is located below the fan. The fan is fitted to the upper case cover which then has to have a clearance with the heat sink when the top cover is put back. In addition, the original fan is a 5v fan so I am not sure if the common 12v 60mm fans will start, ie, the board might not provide enough juice to spin the fan. I have a clone dreambox dm800se with internal fan and it is very quiet so I will try it out in the TM-8000 and hope there is enough squirt to spin it.

The lack of a channel setting editor for the file format is appalling, why oh why did they do this and then not even try to provide one afterwards.

No channel editor for a few of their models.

Yes, I know, it is poor really, I used to be a fan of Technomate receivers having had TM5200, TM5400, TM-6900, all of which had channel file formats that could be edited. If it were not for the hardware blind scan and being so cheap off eBay I would not have bought the TM-8000 HD. I was unaware at the time of purchase that the file format was not editable, should have done my homework.

The thing that annoys me about the channel editor issue is that Technomate are aware of it and simply refuse to do anything about it.

Hi
I fitted a little cooling fan in my 6800 Super +, it was similar to the one listed below, I mounted it vertically using 2 small spots of araldite on a chip adjacent to the one where there was a big heat sink on that got very hot.
http://www.maplin.co.uk/25-x-25-x-10mm-cooling-fan-105031
but not being an electronics engineer, I sourced the power to drive it from an external multi pinned and voltage output universal supply.
After fixing the fan in place all I had to do was drill the rear panel to take a socket and wire that up to the fan wires
the fan was a 12v working
the little socket was like this
http://www.maplin.co.uk/single-hole-fixing-2.5mm-dcsocket-1416
the beauty of this is the variable selectable voltage which can drive this fan from 3v to 12v at 12v it is just audible in a quiet room but turn it down a couple of notches, nothing

Last edited:
I am sure if you contact Richard at TM he will sort something out.

hi, been away for a while, only reading this post today.

I once contacted Richard about my "noisy" fan in my 5402, he simply replied to turn it off via the menu of tm as the receiver "perfectly" works without the fan ON, only advise was to make sure there was enough "air flow" around the receiver...been more or less a year like this...no problem so far

A channel editor for 3000 8000 5302 lists is on the verge of release, awaiting a few final details

Posted from fone, excuse tha spelin ;)

hi teknokat here, i also had noisy fan, contacted them and told them problem, they asked if i minded opening cover and re- plugging new fan in i said i was happy to do it, they sent me new fan and was just a two pin plug , 5 mins job done, verry happy,must add it was just in warrranty

hi teknokat here, i also had noisy fan, contacted them and told them problem, they asked if i minded opening cover and re- plugging new fan in i said i was happy to do it, they sent me new fan and was just a two pin plug , 5 mins job done, verry happy,must add it was just in warrranty

Thanks everyone for helpful comments.
My 5402 HD is out of warranty so I tried the "sewing oil" advice a couple of days ago and must admit that it seems so far to have done the trick!

I too had a noisy fan in my TM-5420 HD got it feb 14 this year started going noisy after a week I contacted technomate via email explained the noise I also said I would fit the fan myself if they sent one rather than trail back too the dealer and be left without me TV one arrived in the post a few day's later easy too fit (TIP) if you do change the fan heat up the warrenty seal with a hairdryer peel it back before you lift the lid off once replacement fan done replace the lid and reheat the seal sticker {of course you only need too do this if its still under warrenty PS don't need a lot of heat to enable you too peel the sticker back

Back