Replace DM-500s with TM-600

Moriens

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey guys =)

I'm looking to replace my fubar'd DM-500s with a TM-600.

I've read digidude's comments on the older images/remote problems. Is this still the case?
The way I read it here is that if you flash a new stb (2 scarts?) with an old image the remote won't work and you need to use an older remote?

But from the image sticky at the top
Downloading this image to single scarted TM-500 TM-600 will change Remote frequency. Please contact your dealer to change your remote.

Does this mean that the last image posted on 03/07/09 will be fine on a new (2 scart) stb?
:Cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its actually the other way round if you flash with the latest image and your box is the new version then your remote is rendered usless. My line of thinking here is that the new retail models dont need this image just the beta models. Please correct me if I am wrong

Coley

images released on or AFTER 3/7, if flashed onto an older single scart receiver will stop the remote from working on the older models

the new models have new remotes, which the coding is in the image for, so if you have an older model, and wish to use the new images, youll need to contact your supplier for a replacement remote for your older receiver

ive tried every other TM remote and none of them work lol, i tried remotes from 3000 series, 5000, 1000, 6800, 6900 and 9100

Now thats clear thanks I totally misunderstood thanks for clearing that up. Sorry for the bad info.

Coley

My mates ordered one of these 600s from al##ts and its coming tomoorow (hopfully). and I am sure its gonna be white box version. Which ur do put on it so you can use the remote. Some one over at the above mention place said they had a driver file fix Pmed but not heard nowt back though.

Thanks
Coley

There are some classic quotes on there from the "Un hombre en la oscuridad" ;) Not sure how much support will be coming from that direction tbh m8.
Already seen a few of 'dudes posts going awol, now only the quotes from his originals in subsequent posts remain.
Almost 100% certain that the pm's are moderated too :(

Thanks for heads up I rung the shop to ask about the white box, the bloke on the other end was talking so quiet with an accent he just said he did not know. That does not inspire confidence. now does it.

anyway see what happens tomorrow.

coley

Last edited:
all my posts from there have been wiped, and PMs are looked through, i even have an admission of this that says

if we read emals or no is my focking website

if theyre advertising the proper model and send a white box one, then claim a refund from paypal

"if we read emals or no is my focking website"

Lol and I thought my spelling was bad

Coley

Hi Coley, I also ordered a TM500 from the same shop, had to ring them today to say it hadn't arrived. The guy left me on the phone for a few mins and said he would send it out tomorrow morning. I actually paid for next day delivery! Would be interested to know if your mates have received thiers and whether it is the official receiver:Cheers:

Thanks for the replies, yes I will ask for a refund on the delivery. I feel a little better !?! bizarrely that your friends haven't got theirs Coley.

Nope same here not come I bet they have not even got them in stock. My mate actually paid for next day delievry he rung saying it would be despatched that day. You know when you get a gut feeling about a company and this was one of them.

The funny thing is my mates a sat dealer and his supplier last week said they can not get them till next week.

In a way it might be good thing at least they wont be test models. But I wonder if they are still going to honour the price. Because I have been told the markup on technomates is small.

One I will tell you this company does not give a shit about its customers.

I hope it all gets sorted.

Coley

if you paid for next day delivery and only get standard then id complain and ask for the difference refunded

i can put anyone interested in direct contact with a supplier who does do next day delivery, youll then get the receiver for the same price that trade pays for it

please note, i dont sell receivers, im offering to put you in touch with a trade only outlet that will ship directly to you at a cost as though i was buying the receiver at trade price, but it is a nationwide distributor, much bigger than the place mentioned

I dont think they will be interested but we will wait, Just thinking I have not even spoke to my friend so he might have the stuff he ordered but I still reckon he has not.

@Digidude if you could pm the details that would be fab because I what to buy a tm500 for myself to replace my dreambox.

Thanks Coley

Well I just spoke to my friend and he did not recieve it. He rung them and said why he never got and they said "We did not post anything yesterday". He said but I paid for next day delivery they said "I know" no appology or nowt

Unbelivable

Coley

ive spoken to the supplier today, and they have stock for next day delivery

And guess what they have not come today either.. The said in the shop that thy were dispatched yesterday. Pity we didnt know about about digidudes contacts before we ordered.

Thanks for the support on this dididue it is well appreciated.

Coley

Mine has just arrived , and yes it is the white box version, I guess i'm gonna be back on to them again to get correct version.

dont know what to say really. Its bit shit selling seling pre-productions models and not telling the customer.

Coley

Back