Remote Issues

slacky1230

Inactive User
Reaction score
Morning guys this morning my little lad got hold of the vu remote and started pressing loads of button now both the genuine remote and clone remote won't work on the box but my TV remote does. Does any one know what's happened?

Re: Time shift failed

Trying to reflash it won't give me the option when booting up dam thing

Guys is my box faulty? The TV remote seems to work through the hdmi don't ask me how but it does only on hdmi 1 if I change to hdmi 4 the remote doesn't work but both the solo clone and genuine remotes don't work at all

Guys my box is acting strange. Turn the TV off it comes straight back on put the box on standby both TV and box turn on. The vu remote works when it wants. Any one come across this before or know what's going on ?

Guys my box is acting strange. Turn the TV off it comes straight back on put the box on standby both TV and box turn on. The vu remote works when it wants. Any one come across this before or know what's going on ?

You need to set up HDMI CEC properly as this is what happens go to menu/settings/setup/HDMI CEC and set it up so when you turn off telly it puts box into standby etc.
set it up how you want it.

It's strange been working ok for a few days now going mental

It's strange been working ok for a few days now going mental

Its not the box... it just requires setting up correctly and that's half the fun.if you have any major problems just ask

The remote doesn't work some times but the TV remote works on the box is that part of it aswell?

I've turned hdmi Cec off TV remote still works with the box but the vu one doesn't am I missing some thing here?

When I turn the TV off the TV remote don't work with the box and the vu remote still doesn't work. Do you guys recon the reciever on the box is faulty?

When I turn the TV off the TV remote don't work with the box and the vu remote still doesn't work. Do you guys recon the reciever on the box is faulty?

No i think its you that's faulty.....
The TV remote will never operate the box..you can programme VU+ remote to operate basic functions on TV though.

Mate I'm not daft the TV remote is controlling the box some how I think it's through the hdmi lead

Mate I'm not daft the TV remote is controlling the box some how I think it's through the hdmi lead

Guess what nor am i and the TV remote will not operate anything within your VU+ box.HDMI CEC settings will put TV to sleep and or wake it when box is put to sleep or woken depending on the set up nothing more yet you stated that you have disabled HDMI CEC.??

[download] vu+remote control set up and tv codes

Last edited:

Just flicked through my sony Bravia menu and guess what there's an option control through hdmi turned it off now the controller doesn't work but neither does my vu remote so before u start calling me a liar check the facts

here have a look through this Manual Vu+ Solo2

Attachments

• VU-Plus_Solo2_Bedienungsanleitung_englisch.rar
    13.6 MB · Views: 6

Just flicked through my sony Bravia menu and guess what there's an option control through hdmi turned it off now the controller doesn't work but neither does my vu remote so before u start calling me a liar check the facts

Firstly NOBODY called you a liar.secondly thats no way to go about things when somebody is trying to help you.

Is there any way I can flash an image on other than the USB way? Think I might start from stratch see if that solved the problem

Firstly NOBODY called you a liar.secondly thats no way to go about things when somebody is trying to help you.

Mate read your post you stated the TV remote will not operate the vu box in any way and stated I'm the faulty part in my eyes that you saying I'm making it up

Mate read your post you stated the TV remote will not operate the vu box in any way and stated I'm the faulty part in my eyes that you saying I'm making it up

Thats correct and i stand by that fact and nowhere have i said you are making anything up but merely using my vast knowledge of these boxes to try to help you and to state to you that a tv remote will not operate any functions on a VU+ box.
please lets keep on topic or thread will be closed.

It doesn't operate the vu box direct as if I turn the TV off the menu on the box screen stops working but if the TV is on it'll work through the hdmi to change channel go through the menus etc. that's the only way I can use the box at the min asy vu remotes won't work at all or let's me scroll for a few options then packs up

Back