remote access dyndns to dreambox 500

BIG-HOL

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys, im going away soon and need to make sure i can reset my server if i need too while im away, it has a static ip address and i have a dyndns account so how would i go about accessing the 500c from my android phone or from an ipad, as i will have both while im away, thanks for any input!

What kind of software do you need ? Telnet, web browser, ftp or something else ?

Also have you created you dyndns account already ? I don't think new account s are free anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Holl mate :)

When you say "server" do you mean the dream? or have you got a machine running?

Sounds like a VPN connection from your home to your phone/ipad could come in useful, that way when you sign in your phone etc. will be given an ip address from your home network and you can then get to the dream via it.

I was thinking of Team Viewer on a small device at home, like a laptop or something, take all the qualms out of a VPN.... would depend on what firmware and stuff you have on the router but you could set up a tunnel from home, means you can then connect and it would be like being there. :)

"Elphi" would be good :)

You might get away with "openVPN" as well mate. But you'd need "Tomato" etc.

Or why not drop it off at your pals house and see if he/she will run it while your away ?? :)

Last edited:
What kind of software do you need ? Telnet, web browser, ftp or something else ?

Also have you created you dyndns account already ? I don't think new account s are free anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
all i need is to be able to gain access to the webif of the dreambox via its ip address given from within my home network, i think it could just be a case of forwarding a port in the router to let me have access then work out how to actually access this using my dyndns address, yes i already have my dyndns account so thats fine, if i can get access to the webif i can reboot box from there which is all i should really need to do in the slight chance it might crash while im away.

Holl mate :)

When you say "server" do you mean the dream? or have you got a machine running?

Sounds like a VPN connection from your home to your phone/ipad could come in useful, that way when you sign in your phone etc. will be given an ip address from your home network and you can then get to the dream via it.

I was thinking of Team Viewer on a small device at home, like a laptop or something, take all the qualms out of a VPN.... would depend on what firmware and stuff you have on the router but you could set up a tunnel from home, means you can then connect and it would be like being there. :)

"Elphi" would be good :)

You might get away with "openVPN" as well mate. But you'd need "Tomato" etc.

Or why not drop it off at your pals house and see if he/she will run it while your away ?? :)
cheers mate but that all seems a little over the top for what i need, im sure with me having a dyndns account i should be able to access it from anywhere i want via any address, just need to work out what i need to do and what address i need to type into the browser on my fone to access it via dyndns

what about a virtual private network like "hamachi" :)

easier to handle than one of them things! :)

so iv forwarded a port in the router to the ip address of my dreambox, so how do i connect to this from my android phone, heres an example of how i thought it should be.

bighol.dyndns.tv:12345

dyndns addy then port that iv opened and configured in my router which is associated with my dreamboxes ip address, i have also setup the dyndns within my router too.

iv tried that and it hasnt worked, all i need to do is work out what order or whatever i need to write into my browsers address bar to gain access.

so iv forwarded a port in the router to the ip address of my dreambox, so how do i connect to this from my android phone, heres an example of how i thought it should be.

bighol.dyndns.tv:12345

dyndns addy then port that iv opened and configured in my router which is associated with my dreamboxes ip address, i have also setup the dyndns within my router too.

iv tried that and it hasnt worked, all i need to do is work out what order or whatever i need to write into my browsers address bar to gain access.

You need to forward port 80 to your DM IP address :)

then how would i access this mate from an outside network, im struggling to find what exactly i need to type into the browser to do this, will forward port 80 now to dreambox.

Is the dreambox running on port 80 ? Have you got anything else in the house also running port 80 that you have already forwarded port 80 on the router to ?

First thing to do is make sure you can connect with your phone with wifi to the dreambox. If you are just use http://<dreambox ip> then you are using port 80. If you have to use http://<dreambox ip>:<some number> then you are not using port 80.

Actually scratch the port 80 bit,blonde moment lol,
it should work by forwarding the webif port to your dreamboxs ip address m8,

Having said that I have just tried and it wont work here either :(

leave a pc or laptop running at home on home network, download teamviewer on it and on ipad (if its available for ipad?) lets you log into the pc at home and shows you the desktop image same as if you were there..

Back