remember Commodore computer?

i used to have a amiga 500 and 600 and remember how long it used to take for it load up new seasons on championship manager..........feck me it seemed like a lifetime

I had a Vic20 (5K RAM) then a C64 and finally an Amiga 500
All great machines in their time.

Games icon gets modern makeover

Iconic technology firm Commodore has chosen Cebit as the launch pad for a new subsidiary dedicated to PC gaming.

From April, Commodore Gaming will start selling a line of PCs that cater for the high-end home gamer.

Crammed with high-end components, the machines will also sport distinctive artwork on the case.
The line of computers will be aimed at consumers who do not want to take on the task of building themselves a machine optimised for gaming.

_42683821_comm_203300.jpg

inline_dashed_line.gif

In pictures: Commodore

Bala Keilman, chief executive of Commodore Gaming, said: "It feels like the right time to bring back the Commodore brand."

Cebit, billed as the world's largest hi-tech fair runs from 15-21 March.

Paint-job

Speaking at the show, Mr Keilman said the subsidiary was launched to fill a gap in the market.

He said currently any gamer going to a store to buy a PC would be faced with only black or beige boxes, none of which did a great job of meeting the computing demands of current PC games.

Consumers will also be able to buy the machines online via the Commodore Gaming website from April.

The first four PCs in the Commodore range sport Intel Core Duo or Quad processors, have up to 4GB of RAM, two video cards and hundreds of gigabytes of hard drive storage. All the machines run Windows Vista.

No prices have been announced yet but the range is expected to be between £1,000-£5,000 ($1,900-$9,500).

Commodore also has a library of almost 100 designs that consumers can have painted on the case of their machine. Eventually it hopes to encourage customers, artists and others to submit designs that can be painted on PCs.

A spokesman for the company said there would likely be limited edition machines to go with new launches of games.
He said the company has had a "huge" response to the re-launch of the brand as many people played their first computer games on the machines made almost 25 years ago by Commodore which included the Vic-20 and the Commodore 64.

Story from BBC NEWS:
Published: 2007/03/15 10:43:55 GMT
© BBC MMVII

Loved my c64 and my zx81 but not the load times :)

on the site now

Redefining the line between gaming and reality

Whether you are looking for an extreme monster of a PC to run the latest and most graphically intense games the industry has produced or are just getting your feet wet in PC gaming… the Commodore gaming PC range offers that and everything in between. These machines come packaged in a specially designed, heavy-duty yet stylish casing, capable of withstanding our revolutionary painting process. Choose from our library of artwork to personalize your high performance gaming PC and express your own taste and style.
Commodore xx

The Commodore xx doesn't just blur the line between gaming and reality, it redefines it. The fastest, most powerful Gaming PC money can buy, this world ending device will serve you and your gaming needs without even breaking so much as a sweat for some good time to come.

Bonus Points

Interchangeable casing panels, ready to be personalized with your choice of artwork
High density layered sound insulation
Extensive stress test performed on every system
Unique floating full front door that can be closed with your USB cables still connected
Two independently illuminated fans with eight changeable colours that you control
Preloaded with Windows Vista Ultimate
Preloaded with a C64 emulator, containing more than 50 classic games
Purchase comes with a 2 year, full parts and service warranty plan

Features

This is the starting point of what's inside the Commodore xx. Most parts are customizable.

• Intel® Core™2 Extreme Quad-Core processor QX6700: 2.66GHz 8M Cache
  • ASUS® P5N32-E nForce 680i SLI motherboard
  • 2x 150GB 10000 RPM SATA Raid 1 and 1x 500GB 7200 RPM SATA Raid 0 hard drives
  • 4GB Corsair® Dominator 2xTwin2x2048-8500C5D memory: 1066MHz
  • Philips® DVDRW optical drive
  • 1000W ICE Cube power supply
  • Creative® SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
  • 2x NVIDIA® 8800 GTX 768MB graphics cards
looks good

tech specs

Redefining the line between gaming and reality

CPU/ Literally at the core of the Commodore xx is an Intel Quad Core CPU. Carrying out several multimedia based tasks while taking headshots or issuing commands to your guild has never been this seamless and fast an experience, with Intel’s four headed monster sitting inside your machine.
Memory/ Corsair’s Dominator Series make sure your memory is seemingly infinite. This 2048 MByte matched pair of DDR2s is built using Corsair’s latest high performance heat sink with Dual-Path Heat Xchange technology.

Graphics/ NVIDIA’s GeForce® SLI setup inside the Commodore xx will ensure you don’t have to turn the graphics settings of your favourite games down. The world’s first DirectX® 10 GPUs deliver a graphical experience that takes you as far into your gaming reality as you dare to be taken.
Sound/ To make your sound go well with your graphics, the Commodore xx is outfitted with a sound card from Creative’s Sound Blaster® X-Fi series, the most powerful range of sound cards out there.
Cooling/ In order to actually maintain its cool with all the heavy machinery put to work 24/7, the Commodore xx CPU comes equipped with Arctic’s positively chilling Freezer 7 Pro cooler, an ICE Cube cooler on the power supply and a large 250mm fan on the inside of the left side panel.

Features

This is the starting point of what's inside the Commodore xx. Most parts are customizable.

• Intel® Core™2 Extreme Quad-Core processor QX6700: 2.66GHz 8M Cache
  • ASUS® P5N32-E nForce 680i SLI motherboard
  • 2x 150GB 10000 RPM SATA Raid 1 and 1x 500GB 7200 RPM SATA Raid 0 hard drives
  • 4GB Corsair® Dominator 2xTwin2x2048-8500C5D memory: 1066MHz
  • Philips® DVDRW optical drive
  • 1000W ICE Cube power supply
  • Creative® SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
  • 2x NVIDIA® 8800 GTX 768MB graphics cards

They already revamped some of the games did they not?
compare griblys day out with odd world for xbox.

that machine looks like it costs a fortune. still want one lol

That's what I thought when I read the specs.

I'm sure it said somewhere that they come pre-loaded with a Commodore emulator!

computer

yipee they were the dogs ******

hi

i had a acorn electron for my first computer then i got a amstrad 64 but i loved my amaga 500, and 1200.

woz

i also had a c64 and a zx spectrum, dungeons & dragons was the dogs bollox

Commodore xx

INTEL Core 2 Extreme QX6700 Quad Core 2.67Ghz 8mb Cache = £646.65 (£550.34 + VAT)

ASUS® P5N32-E nForce 680i SLI motherboard = £146.06 (£124.31 + vat)

2x 150GB 10000 RPM SATA Raid = £125.95 (£147.99 inc VAT) each x2 = £295.98

Corsair Twin2X 2GB DDR2 (2x1024MB) XMS2 Dominator 8500C5 = £240.90 ex VAT £283.06 inc VAT x 2 = £566.12

Philips® DVDRW optical drive = £21.99 lol

1000W ICE Cube power supply = £177+ VAT £207.97 inc vat

Creative® SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer = £56.00 (inc VAT)

2 x NVIDIA® 8800 GTX 768MB graphics cards = £398.42 Incl. VAT each x2 = £796.86

total = £2738.17

with out case and putting it together

i would say if u dont get keyboard or mouse or moniter the whole package will work out at £3800

has vista ultimate on it as well

whats ur guess at the price????

Hmm, a high spec games pc in a case with a Commodore logo - how inventive!

Come on Commodore FFS, you led the way in the 80's and 90's with your custom hardware and now you throw together a high spec pc and expect us all to go gaga for it coz it's in a Commodore case?!?

Very dissapointed, I'd have love to have seen some new ORIGINAL CUSTOM hardware not another PC.

I'm a Commodore fanboy slut, I've had every machine they ever made - commodore PET, c16, c64, c128, Vic20, Amiga 500, 600 and 1200 - even the CD32...but I certainly won't be buying that.
:(

Last edited:
just downloadedall the c64 rom files and amiga ones, , brings back memories, also the atari st was good but best was spectrum, the computer i grew up with, away to play manic miner

Nice, but I bet you never heard of a...

Nice, but I bet you never heard of a Sam Coupe.
It could play all Spectrum Games and had graphics of an Amiga and was half the price at the time.
But eventually I still bought an Amiga 500, 1200, then a PC !!
As well as a Sega Saturn and a PS1 on the way.... oh those were the days !: colors1

C64 v Spectrum

HAHAHAH takes me back to school days... the C64 guys arguing with the zx81 owners, on which machine was the best...Hahah the AMSTRAD CPC464 guys, knew to keep their mouths shut.

Back