Reiki

Hi Evastar,

I have tweaked my calf muscle and was hoping to be fit enough to run a 10k race in the middle of March. Could you please send some to me and see if that will hasten my recovery.

Thanks in advance.

sorry Trabbs i only saw this now, will send you reiki, hope your calf is better.

i do send reiki generally to anyone that has asked for it, even if i haven't seen the thread, so hopefully you got some anyway :)

Thank you, funnily enough the calf is much better and I did check a couple of times to see if you had sent as it did get better much quicker than I was anticipating it would.

that's great, hope your race goes well for you :)

even if i haven't seen the thread i send reiki morning and evening to anyone that has asked me for it, obviously if i have seen a post i can concentrate on that person more specifically, but as i said, i send it generally anyway :)

Hi angel of light. How has the stroke affected you. My wife had a stroke 2 years ago and it has affect her left side. She is now able to walk a little in the house with a quad stick but is unable to use her left arm, progress is very slow. She has Bowen therapy weekly, which helps, but again limited progress.

Thanks for your message. I have more movement than your wife but, find it a bit difficult when walking outside because people are always rushing about. It makes me feel as if they will knock me over. Many stroke survivors get this feeling, probably because we feel vunerable. After I had my stroke all sorts of things went through my mind, I even thought my partner was going to leave me. Now looking back I can see it was the stroke and, the effect of the stroke that made me feel like that. Now I really enjoy life. Hope your wife does too. Are you caring for her? It is very hard work but, it does get easier in the end. Tell your wife to keep positive, it is very slow improvement for stroke survivors, it comes gradually.

It's great to hear your enjoying life again. Apparently their are a lot marriage break ups due to strokes. My wife seems to have accepted her condition, I'm not sure if this is positive or not in her recovery progress, I guess time will tell. I am her full time carer and it is difficult and very challenging at times, but I'm not sure it will get any easier in the future. I understand what you mean about people being inconsiderate, I have the same problem when I'm taking my wife out in the wheel chair.

Would Just like to offer my two pence here.

Empirical Studies have been done. and Reiki and other alternate therapies were no more effective in a persons therapy than the control group which utililised a placebo.

i say its my two pence but it really isn't. i'm quoting healthcare journals here that have carried out objective research.

Hope this helps,
CrazyFool.

Hope this helps,
CrazyFool.

Doesn't really help mate because you haven't posted the study. I have a book called "It's The Thought That Counts" by David R. Hamilton (PhD) with references to lots of studies about Reiki and the like which shows evidence of benefits.

The bottom line

Reiki is a non-treatment using unevidenced claims about an undetectable energy. It makes extraordinary claims which are not backed up by any observable evidential basis. Clinical trials have demonstrated absolutely no effect. As a business, Reiki is a pyramid scheme in which the practitioner buys their franchise as a qualification and once they have bought the Master qualification, they are enabled to recover their outlay by enlisting other practitioners into their training scheme.

The only tangible effects in patients are due to the placebo effect, which also serves to convince the practitioners that they are doing something useful. It appeals to those who entertain mystical ideas and are susceptible to eastern ideas that have no bearing on the real physical world. The only reason that such businesses escape consumer legislation is that they base it on belief. As long as the customers believe, and the practitioners believe, there is no fraud.

Ignorance of how the human body works and the real constraints of the physical world, preserve the belief in the mystical practice. Reiki is a fraud even if the practices so far have been able to avoid the legal definition. It is selling non-treatment to gullible people who may actually be in need of real medical attention. On that basis, it is also immoral.

Reiki - basic questions

Further reading: Reiki is Nonsense

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/reiki.html

Last edited:
While I agree its difficult to believe there are any physical benefits to reiki, I also think its placebo does have its place in certain conditions though of course visiting a doctor would be a good idea as a starting point for any illness.

I have probably read at least 20 books more, read 50 scientific studies more, done Reiki, given Reiki, received Reiki more so than any one cynic chipping their 2 pence worth in here.

Sometimes, if you want an opinion on something YOU KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT OTHER THAN 5 MINUTES BROWSING THE WEB, you have to be prepared to listen & be open, have some give and take, OR KEEP YOUR NOSE OUT AND CYNICAL ONCE SIDED OPINIONS TO YOURSELF.

If I was to have a very, very narrow mind and wanted to look into something I had absolutely no interest in only other than a personal mission to prove it is the way I WANT TO SEE IT, then guess what... that's what's I'm going find.

And guess what, it would also make my opinion completely, absolutely, totally and utterly CONTAMINATED and poisoned right from the very start... In other words, useless to everyone except to myself in reinforcing the walls on my small world. :grayno:

I do not believe, my personal view is it's a load of old Bull, this is my opinion ;)

If anything I could understand a faith healer (I think they are a load of Bull to btw) but at least they place their hands on someone physically

Could anyone explain to me how someone, like has been suggested earlier in this thread by Evastar, can send Reiki across the internet to somebody else who doesn't even use their real name and maybe not even their real location by someone who claims she never even read the post where Reiki was asked for but sent it "Generally to those who asked in the thread" ... wtf !!

Sorry but lmfao X 10000000000000000000000

I do not believe, my personal view is it's a load of old Bull, this is my opinion ;)

If anything I could understand a faith healer (I think they are a load of Bull to btw) but at least they place their hands on someone physically

Could anyone explain to me how someone, like has been suggested earlier in this thread by Evastar, can send Reiki across the internet to somebody who doesn't even use their real name and maybe not even their real location by someone who claims she never even read the post where Reiki was asked for but sent it "Generally to those who asked in the thread" ... wtf !!

at last ......some truthful wordz............

personally I THINK its bullsh#t too.....just like many of the other posts

Could anyone explain to me how someone, like has been suggested earlier in this thread by Evastar, can send Reiki across the internet to somebody else who doesn't even use their real name and maybe not even their real location by someone who claims she never even read the post where Reiki was asked for but sent it "Generally to those who asked in the thread" ... wtf !!

Look, Bronto, your comment's ignorant mate. I'm sorry, but it is. You don't understand it, it's out of your comfort zone, you don't want to know anything about it other than 'it must be crap'. I'm sorry, but that does not constitute anything constructive in any way what-so ever... You've basically just stated your stand is a condescending one.

~–adjective
showing or implying a usually patronizing descent from dignity or superiority: They resented the older neighbors' condescending cordiality.

—Synonyms
patronizing, disdainful, supercilious.

Have a read of this thread and see if you can understand that. But also, in regards to the linked thread, remember that not even science know's how or why, they just know that it does.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
at last ......some truthful wordz............

personally I THINK its bullsh#t too.....just like many of the other posts

Well thanks for that absolutely fascinating insight. See you later... :err:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the thread isn't entitled "What are your thoughts and opinions on Reiki", plus I'm sure there are plenty of other posts earlier on in the thread where people have anyway, and what, anyone gonna to turn the broken record off or what?

Look, Bronto, your comment's ignorant mate. I'm sorry, but it is. You don't understand it, it's out of your comfort zone, you don't want to know anything about it other than 'it must be crap'. I'm sorry, but that does not constitute anything constructive in any way what-so ever... You've basically just stated your stand is a condescending one.

~–adjective
showing or implying a usually patronizing descent from dignity or superiority: They resented the older neighbors' condescending cordiality.

—Synonyms
patronizing, disdainful, supercilious.

Have a read of this thread and see if you can understand that. But also, in regards to the linked thread, remember that not even science know's how or why, they just know that it does.

Cheers.

I could turn it back on you and say that not only are your views narrow minded and ignorant but that you are also delusional, why should I believe in all that ? because you say so ? I don't think so ;)

I have made my hypothesis based on the known facts, try applying Occam's Razor

Occam's Razor

Just to make things clear I am not trying to insult you or belittle your views in any way, I respect them just like you should respect and accept that not all people believe

Last edited by a moderator:
I could turn it back on you and say that not only are your views narrow minded and ignorant but that you are also delusional, why should I believe in all that ? because you say so ? I don't think so ;)

But where have I said you should believe? I haven't, it's people like you who are making it the problem of people like me, my problem for you lack of interest or understanding. It isn't my problem, the problem is yours. I never asked anyone for their opinion, and yet they come?!?!

Again, delusional? You're conveniently making it my problem that you don't understand something you know nothing about. I'm sorry, again, how can that be my problem? It isn't.

[/url]
Just to make things clear I am not trying to insult you or belittle your views in any way, I respect them just like you should respect and accept that not all people believe

How can you respect them... You not read your first post? If you respect it them, A, you wouldn't have bothered commenting at all, and B, would have been a bit less condescending about it.

You're welcome to read the post I mentioned, and have an intelligent and maybe even stimulating conversation about it, but hey, I'm not telling you what to do or believe, your life and your time are your own. I'm not about to go into the gardening section either and say gardening it rubbish, what a waste of time, because the section and the treads in it (I'm guessing) are for people interesting in gardening, not for people who are interesting in people who have no interest in gardening...

Back