Reiki

Evastar

Inactive User
Reaction score
Reiki is an ancient Japanese art of hands-on healing. It was re-discovered
in the late 1800’s by Dr. Mikao Usui, a Buddhist monk. It uses universal
life force energy to clear energy blockages and restore health and vitality.

A reiki healer channels energy from source. An intelligent energy form, the
reiki energy knows where to go and always works in divine order for the
highest good. It work on the chakra system, the seven main chakras being
the main energy centres of the body, clearing blockages and negativity and
restoring energy flow and balance.

If anyone is interested in receiving Reiki as a form of distant healing, just post here and i'll send it to you :) You don't have to have any form of illness, it works just as well on stress, fatigue, emotional issues etc. All i ask is that if you do ask for reiki, you post back giving your honest opinion on whether it worked for you or not :)

Well as somebody that has been a Reiki Master and teacher since 2004 yes i definitely know it works. I don't try to influence anyone else to make them believe in it though, if you want to give it a go you are welcome, if not, that's fine too :)

Hi no disrespect intended.
Well my problem is I suffer from transformed migraine which means I have constant pain in my head all the time. I take pains meds which dont help.
I currently taking magnesium and gaba and b-vitamins and 400mg b2.
But still have found no cure maybe reiki can help.

Thanks

Sorry to hear that cd, i'll send you reiki now for the next half an hour, and see what you think :) Hope it helps!

Just looked at your profile and it says you are an holistic therapist... very good... welcome aboard. We have a professional personal trainer here in Garmel!

Think we are the only two people on here who know about Reiki (or speak publicly), lol, but Munkey does Qigong I'll have you know!!

I self attuned myself using Steve Murray's dvd's. Level one was very powerful and profound, I did level 2 and the master level as well but didn't seem to gain much from them at the time. I don't practice much any more with this and that, but if you could send something over it might get the ball rolling again maybe. Apprechiate it if you do anyway, thanks...

On the other hand:

"Reiki lacks scientific credibility. It has not been accepted by the scientific and medical communities as an effective therapy. Reputable scientific studies attesting to the efficacy of Reiki are lacking, as is a plausible scientific explanation as to how it could possibly be efficacious. The explanation of the efficacy of Reiki depends entirely on a particular view of the world as permeated by this "universal life energy" (Reiki) that is subject to manipulation by human thought and will. Reiki practitioners claim that their training allows one to channel the "universal life energy" that is present in all things. This "universal life energy," however, is unknown to natural science. As the presence of such energy has not been observed by means of natural science, the justification for these therapies necessarily must come from something other than science .

In the mid-1990s, at ages 9 and 10, Emily Rosa demonstrated that 21 therapeutic touch (TT) practitioners could not detect her alleged "energy field." During the tests, the practitioners rested their arms on a flat surface, about a foot apart. Emily then hovered her hand, palm down, a few inches above one of the subject's palms. A cardboard screen prevented the subjects from seeing which of their hands was selected. The practitioners correctly located Emily's hand only 122 (44%) out of 280 trials, which is no better than would be expected by guessing . After the Journal of the American Medical Association published the results, TT leaders called the study a "parlor game," but they refused to suggest an alternative experimental design or to undergo similar tests themselves . It might be interesting to investigate whether reiki practitioners can actually sense or transmit "energy," whether reiki "attunements" actually enhance anything, and whether feelings of warmth are accompanied by any measurable change of skin temperature. But I doubt that the reiki community would be any more eager than the TT community to have its fundamental concepts tested.

Reiki has no substantiated health value and lacks a scientifically plausible rationale. Science-based healthcare settings should not tolerate its use, and scarce government research dollars should not be used to study it further."

Quackwatch

Still, whatever floats your boat.

"Site Sponsored by
The International Center for Reiki Training"

Ahem!

Moving on from there. If people want to believe this sort of mumbo-jumbo. that's ok by me, but it's important that a balanced view is presented. Most intelligent people are capable of forming their own opinion when presented with all the facts.

Last edited:
"Site Sponsored by
The International Center for Reiki Training"

Ahem!

Moving on from there. If people want to believe this sort of mumbo-jumbo. that's ok by me, but it's important that a balanced view is presented. Most intelligent people are capable of forming their own opinion when presented with all the facts.

Your source had the word Quack in its url, lol... Most of the people involed in that[my] url are Phd's, look on the right hand side. I was mearly pointing out that you should balance your research rather than just jumping to the first cynical oppinion and saying ," case closed, I knew it was 'mumbo-jumbo', I'm now satisfied and my research is complete... wench, fetch me some hippies, I feel like a scoff and a mock..."

My intelligence is based on experience, not the oppinion of someone else. I don't know how to fix a car so I haven't got an oppinion on it, even after speed reading the Haynes guide to sub aquatic people carriers...

As somebody that has been practising reiki for a number of years now and has had amazing results with clients and students i know for definite it's not mumbo jumbo. :) A lot of hospitals and hospices are offering reiki services to patients now, and are delighted with the results they are achieving.

And as for the scientific community, unfortunately scientists have a nasty habit of believing that if they can't explain something or don't know how it works it can't possibly exist. After all look at Gallileo. If you actually do more research into quantum physics and string theory etc, the more modern and cutting edge scientists are starting to believe in energy work and spirituality, they are not afraid to admit that science can't explain everything.

Reiki although it has become more widely known as 'healing' to be used on other people, is primarily a self development tool that helps with your own personal growth.

If you want to try it anytime you are welcome to post here and ask, all i am asking is that you do it with an open mind.

@madeinbeats, i'll send you reiki now :)

Your source had the word Quack in its url, lol... Most of the people involed in that[my] url are Phd's, look on the right hand side. I was mearly pointing out that you should balance your research rather than just jumping to the first cynical oppinion and saying ," case closed, I knew it was 'mumbo-jumbo', I'm now satisfied and my research is complete... wench, fetch me some hippies, I feel like a scoff and a mock..."

My intelligence is based on experience, not the oppinion of someone else. I don't know how to fix a car so I haven't got an oppinion on it, even after speed reading the Haynes guide to sub aquatic people carriers...

I'm sorry, but I believe in The Scientific Method, a systematic approach of observation, hypothesis formation, hypothesis testing and peer-reviewed hypothesis evaluation that forms the basis for modern science. All progress in Science, Technology and Medicine over the last century or so derives from this.

In my philosophy if you want to make a claim, you have to prove it. All else is New Age smoke and mirrors.

lol no need to apologise to me, i don't mind what you believe or don't believe. I welcome healthy debate on any topic, i don't expect you to believe anything just because i say so. :)

I have plenty of proof from my own life experience that reiki works, both to help people to heal from illness and if that isn't possible, to ease their passing over. I have seen people that used to suffer excruciating pain and fear have a peaceful death because of reiki, i have also seen people that suffered debilitating illnesses recover their health and vitality.

I could google reiki if i wanted to and come up with hundreds of articles supporting my or your point of view, so i'm not going to bother. Just imagine how boring life would be if we all believed exactly the same things!

I'm sorry, but I believe in The Scientific Method, a systematic approach of observation, hypothesis formation, hypothesis testing and peer-reviewed hypothesis evaluation that forms the basis for modern science. All progress in Science, Technology and Medicine over the last century or so derives from this.

In my philosophy if you want to make a claim, you have to prove it. All else is New Age smoke and mirrors.

Ditto what Eva said mate. I believe in the same stuff you do, it's quite handy, but the science books are being rerwitten with quantum physics. Also like to say that I beleive in what I have experienced/witnessed first hand and that I also believe in my feeling, which a lot of people are scared to do without a study or report to say it is OK...

Ditto what Eva said mate. I believe in the same stuff you do, it's quite handy, but the science books are being rerwitten with quantum physics. Also like to say that I beleive in what I have experienced/witnessed first hand and that I also believe in my feeling, which a lot of people are scared to do without a study or report to say it is OK...

We're in danger of straying off-topic here, and I don't believe that there's much more we can wring out of this debate...

...but I can't let the old scientific method/quantum physics myth go unchallenged.

My apologies for googling an answer, but it saves a helluva lot of time.

Science and the Scientific Method

I do believe in the power of the human mind. Some people find comfort in religion, others in mysticism. As I said in my first post, whatever floats your boat.

Ok, so we'll just agree to disagree Nara :)

Back to the original topic............

Anyone interested in trying reiki just post in here and i'll send it to you when i see your post :)

We're in danger of straying off-topic here, and I don't believe that there's much more we can wring out of this debate...

...but I can't let the old scientific method/quantum physics myth go unchallenged.

My apologies for googling an answer, but it saves a helluva lot of time.

Science and the Scientific Method

I do believe in the power of the human mind. Some people find comfort in religion, others in mysticism. As I said in my first post, whatever floats your boat.

Scientists can't even agree on evolution, lol, so many egos in the science world.

I'm guessing you haven'nt read "It's the thought that counts" by David R. Hamilton Phd? If you believe in the power of the human mind then you will enjoy this book.

It's a veryyyyy easy read and the auther is English, so all the spelling is en' englais and he writes from a sciantist's stand point, he never mentions anything about Christianity, I promis, lol... Very intersting book mate, paper back, well cheap if you can get it 2nd hand!

As the saying goes, you can lead the horse to water, and you know the rest.

Back