Reiki

i have a bad back and sciatica down my left leg could you send me reiki please.

I have probably read at least 20 books more, read 50 scientific studies more, done Reiki, given Reiki, received Reiki more so than any one cynic chipping their 2 pence worth in here.

Forgive me, I realise that you genuinely do seem to believe in this guff, but my 5min research on "Reiki Scientific Studies" comes up with results like:

"Claims for Reiki energy have no known theoretical or biophysical basis.

A 2008 systematic review of randomised clinical trials assessing the evidence basis of Reiki concluded that efficacy had not been demonstrated for any condition."

As for the books you've read; going by the example you gave in post 209, they're books written by people who've made a fortune from catering for "New Age" punters. They lack any genuine scientific credibility.

whatever is said about reiki (never tried it myself ) but

as much as the guys who diminish this effect as placebo effect are contradicting themselves .for in reality they do not know what the placebo effect involves or how it even reacts physically
yet ..they allow this to be calculated into clinical and scientific research
funnily enough people who believe they are feeling benefit from actual placebos do see changes in the body
simple equation is does the mind heal the body ?

then look slightly differently at the people who have asked for the reiki to be sent to them ?
if they feel benefit ....then fine by me
the point is
dont be so quick to put down things that actually benefit that cannot be quantified by science yet

in all honesty if these people do benefit from Evastars method then hats off to her
its not like she is asking for payment or any kind of gain just trying to observe if the people are in actual fact benefiting or not

the sanctity of belief is a powerful thing whether it be spiritual or religious
i say leave people to try as they please to whatever the feel may benefit them personally
the fascist belief that its the scientific way or no way is fundamentally wrong
let people decide whether or not it either helps or hinders
its their own decision to try it or not to try
IMHO its not your jobs to police the issue just observe the process and just accept the fact that alternative therapy's and medicine has been around a long time and if they are practised then these people do not harm anyone
in fact unless they actually ask for payment or do not state extraordinary claims of benefits they are not breaking any laws either
why as a society cant we leave the believers to believe and the non believers to believe what they believe ?

too busy are we to see everyone's differences that we miss the most important similarities of us all
we are all human beings and we all share he same space quicker we see how alike we are
the quicker the we will be a more peaceful and better race

if it benefits you use the method you choose .we were born free minded to choose ......lets keep it that way

Last edited:
@HORUS - Well said.

Forgive me, I realise that you genuinely do seem to believe in this guff, but my 5min research on "Reiki Scientific Studies" comes up with results like:

Well, like I said, if you want your conclusions to be solely based on a 5 minute search, and consists of clicking on the first link, which is a Wikipedia page, and only consists of quoting only part of the paragraph/section - then not my problem.

You obviously have an agenda, which has nothing to do with an interest in learning more about Reiki... Bottom line... You have no interest in Reiki, so why on Earth anyone like that is here in this thread offering absolute bare minimum understanding and shockingly lazy attempts of investigation, and expect to be taken seriously?!?!? - I find totally and completely bizarre.

You can't make your lack of interest (effort) on the subject matter, my problem. I really don't know if I can put it in a simpler form of English! And if you don't understand that, again, it's not my issue we are dealing with here. Sorry.

Back