reiki, anyone have any experience about it?

saj1985

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
as per thread title peeps,
anyone had any experience with it?

or even any other type of energy healing?

I personally don't believe it I'll keep an open mind tho, my mums into to all that type of stuff and done a night course on reiki she's convinced by it but she's a bit hippy :)

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Reiki is a form of alternative medicine developed in 1922 by Japanese Buddhist Mikao Usui. Since originating in Japan, Reiki has been adapted into varying cultural traditions across the world

1st time i have heard about it

I personally don't believe it I'll keep an open mind tho, my mums into to all that type of stuff and done a night course on reiki she's convinced by it but she's a bit hippy :)

is she a reiki master?

to become a reiki master you need to do three courses and get attuned

Reiki is a form of alternative medicine developed in 1922 by Japanese Buddhist Mikao Usui. Since originating in Japan, Reiki has been adapted into varying cultural traditions across the world

1st time i have heard about it

surprised youve never heard of it

is she a reiki master?

to become a reiki master you need to do three courses and get attuned

I'm not sure I kind of zone out she has been doing it for over a year but I honestly couldn't tell you much more than that

Spoke to her there she's a practitioner but still taking classes and stuff it was a bit late when we spoke but I'll get some info for you

I was very skeptical but have had reflexology and reiki. The reflexology was a bit painful at times but it made me have vivid image of my childhood and vibrant colors. With the reiki I could not understand how the therapist was generating heat on parts of my body without actually touching me, it was bizarre. I was really surprised by the whole experience and it has made me bit more open minded to be honest.

My mother-in-law is into all that Reiki and crystals, also colour therapy. She has the certs too, been doing is years. Mind you anyone AND his dog can get the certs, there's no actual proof you have passed, it's not like a medical cert or an A level.

The only positive experience I know about is a close friend of the family had his wife (some sort of grand high master witch or whatever the equivalent level in Reiki) perform Reiki on a rescue horse he had. One minute it was limping around the paddock and a few moments after the treatment it was running round like a spring chicken. So he swears by it.

I remain skeptical.

On the other foot, I do believe there is something in this colour therapy, after all there is actual proof different coloured light does things, ultraviolet burns the feck out of your skin, certain people get headaches with certain colours etc... and the same with sound therapy, certain sound can make you forget you have bad tinnitus, personally I use a white noise generator over night otherwise I don't get any sleep.

I also use subtle low frequency sounds which do promote vivid dreams, although not as good as when I used acid. :)

I was very skeptical but have had reflexology and reiki. The reflexology was a bit painful at times but it made me have vivid image of my childhood and vibrant colors. With the reiki I could not understand how the therapist was generating heat on parts of my body without actually touching me, it was bizarre. I was really surprised by the whole experience and it has made me bit more open minded to be honest.

did it make you feel better?

My mother-in-law is into all that Reiki and crystals, also colour therapy. She has the certs too, been doing is years. Mind you anyone AND his dog can get the certs, there's no actual proof you have passed, it's not like a medical cert or an A level.

The only positive experience I know about is a close friend of the family had his wife (some sort of grand high master witch or whatever the equivalent level in Reiki) perform Reiki on a rescue horse he had. One minute it was limping around the paddock and a few moments after the treatment it was running round like a spring chicken. So he swears by it.

I remain skeptical.

On the other foot, I do believe there is something in this colour therapy, after all there is actual proof different coloured light does things, ultraviolet burns the feck out of your skin, certain people get headaches with certain colours etc... and the same with sound therapy, certain sound can make you forget you have bad tinnitus, personally I use a white noise generator over night otherwise I don't get any sleep.

I also use subtle low frequency sounds which do promote vivid dreams, although not as good as when I used acid. :)

yea ive noticed peeps who o reiki do it on animal as well as humans

@saj1985 I definitely enjoyed the experience and felt better for giving it a go. Can it cure ailment I am not sure..

as per thread title peeps,
anyone had any experience with it?

or even any other type of energy healing?
Hi saj, I am not being nosey , but what is wrong with you that makes you need Reiki?. Perhaps one of us could advise you on another alternative therapy/ herbal medicine type thing instead?.

Hi saj, I am not being nosey , but what is wrong with you that makes you need Reiki?. Perhaps one of us could advise you on another alternative therapy/ herbal medicine type thing instead?.
I would advise seeing a psychiatrist for anyone who feels they need Reiki. Alternatively you could purchase a bottle of my miracle cure urine by sending me a pm.

im just more curious about it

I would advise seeing a psychiatrist for anyone who feels they need Reiki. Alternatively you could purchase a bottle of my miracle cure urine by sending me a pm.

How do you take the piss.
Is it to be applied directly up your back or into the wind.

I usually find that doing this technique in the wind is so much better @avid you get a nice even coverage then.😉

The piss wet through technique it is then....
Put me down for a couple of litres....

Back