Refused to collect skip

I feel like i need to add that my brother owns various recycle centers, one of the largest waste transfer stations in the uk, hundreds of industrial bins spread all over. My grandfather has run a skip firm for.... well no idea but its over 50 years.
Dont mean to say i know it all or sound boasting about anything, i'm just saying my advice is to lower the amount in the skip and make a mutual agreement asap. :)

Last edited:
Such a silly argument this IMHO. Just level the thing out. Call the bloke up (Being polite costs nowt even if his employess may have spoken abruptly to your wife) tell him you have sorted out the level of the skip and its now fit for transport, also chuck in a "sorry for any inconvinience this has caused......neighbours must have chucked extra stuff on top". This will lead to a satisfactory end of this and you can all get on with your lives.

I mean it sucks that you have to "put up" with your wife being spoken to innappropiately, but IMHO this is the only way you are going to end this situation without it 1. Costing you more £££ 2. Causing you more grief.

You could always write to them after the jobs done and demand an appology for the wife..........50/50 weather it would get you one though but it may work and leave everyone smiling all round.

Yes m8. He has paid for hire of skip for up to 1 week, with agreed disposal of waste to a level no higher than the side. If that week expires and the level is not as agreed, either skip too full or too empty (not finished the job) then he has to either pay rental again (may be reduced), or agree new terms, (or reduce level) or the skip firm are fully entitled to remove their unit because you have not kept to the contract. They are not responsible for removal of the waste if you are outside of the original terms ~ie you have not kept to the contract. (obviously they would take if its half empty so thats not relevant, and most firms will extend time for free if you needed a week longer -thats goodwill and not compulsory)
You have the option to refuse them entry to your property and then the police can then send the driver away, but this is why i'm trying to give some advice on this because others here are trying to persuad things to go in this direction.... i 100% guarantee badaman will regret it if he refuses to allow the skip to be taken.
Just trying to help here, the original post asked for advice so i'm giving it, but its no problem to me whatever badaman chooses. :)
Regards.

Cool, I follow now :)

I know skip ppl can be funny sods. Ive had quite a touch the two times ive had skips in the last 2 yrs. Once was for dirt, when we digged the front garden up for a driveway; filled two big builders skips up with soil to the top and a bit more.

Then next time was to clear back garden of crad, that was another builders skip full again... abit above the top again, but they dont seem to care around here. you often see the sides shuttered up with wood (doors, furniture etc) and they taken them no problem.

Back