Refurbished Computers At Decent Prices. Save hundreds of £'s on decent gaming systems

Thanks i'll look into that later, I'm busy tryin to get shitty Server 03 to activate its not working :(
Might just dual boot XP and XP lol...

CPU is running at about 47C after i got the dust out of it.. :)

if you want supreme air cooling in terms of overclocking m8ty i highly recomend an antec 900 with just the fans it comes with it knocked 10.c of my temps i added an 120mm side fan and a thermal take big typhoon to my cpu and i can overclock my pentium d 920 to 3.9ghz which idles at 37.c.

http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=15900

With that bad boy you have 2 120mm fans with blue led's which pull air in over your hdd towards your psu (which sits at the bottomof the case) and also your gfx cards.

There is a whopping 200mm top fan which pulls air out of the top of the system which is right near your cpu!

And there is another 120mm fan with blue led at the back which also extracts air.

There is room to add another 2 120mm fans 1 at the side and 1 at the back of the hdd cases.

And im not just saying this because i have one it really is awesome in temrs of air cooling and looks the bizz too.

Cheers mate will not be using the GFX card as I will upgrade this to something else and stick the one supplied into another build. Will have a think about it

Thanks a lot

I would check the PSU specs before putting anything major in there.

Maybe a Google of the exact model you want will tell you what people have managed to put in there.

But then again I am sure Dell now allow for after market PSU's if you really wanted to play high end games.

Changing the PSU is a must if your putting anything like that in it, a 300W Bestec does not cut it :p

Brand New Printer/Scanner/Copier for just £17.50 if bought with a PC.

Anyone ordering a computer from these can add this all in one printer/scanner/copier for just £17.50. Not sure how much ink cartridges are for these but it does come with a colour one so gotta be worth £17.50 for a brand new printer, and it does not alter your postage costs if you add this on to your computer purchase!! Oh and it also includes the USB printer cable which you never ever usually get!!

BARGAIN!!!!

(Please note I just did a quick check on one computer to see if the postage costs altered and they did not, it is maybe worth checking the total price with and without the printer included just to make sure you are getting it for about £17.50 all in.)

Only 8 left so be quick.

http://www.mcscom.co.uk/product.php...=&xProd=3711&xSec=6?xSearch&xProd=3711&xSec=6

These are brand new and come with the following:

810 All-In-One Colour Inkjet Printer
Complete with:

Owner's Manual

Power Lead

Colour Cartridge

Installation Software CD (software and drivers)
USB Printer Cable
Excellent performance
Print, scan and copy in one easy to use product
Print up to 13 A4 ppm black or colour (Actual print speeds will vary with use)
Stand alone colour photocopying allows quick and easy copying without having to turn your computer on
4800 x 1200 dpi colour photo-quality resolution for impressive colour documents and great photos
With a 100 sheet input tray, there’s no need to fill the tray for every print job
48 bit colour scanner with up to 600 x 1200 dpi (19200ppi enhanced) output for great quality reproductions

Easy to use
Plug-and-play compatibility for easy installation

Easy management
Sleek, compact, space saving design takes up little room on your desk or work area
Connect easily through the USB port

Currently In Stock: 8

Nice find col awesome mate I just a did a quick check and after it adds tax and delivery it comes to 28.14
still a good buy, but I have yet to find any ink for it!!

Goods Total £15.00
Shipping Total £8.95

Tax Total £4.19
Order Total £28.14

Nice find col awesome mate I just a did a quick check and after it adds tax and delivery it comes to 28.14
still a good buy, but I have yet to find any ink for it!!

Goods Total £15.00
Shipping Total £8.95

Tax Total £4.19
Order Total £28.14

Yeah mate that is correct for the single purchase.

That is why I said it must be bought with a PC at the same time to get it for about £17.50 delivered as the delivery price for this printer does not add any extra if you were to purchase this on top of a PC.

So all in all if your buying a PC, for an extra £17.50 you may as well buy the printer as it is brand new, ready to go and is an all in one so does come in handy if you ever need a scanner or photocopier. (Worth it if you already have a printer and just to put to one side and use it if you ever need to scan or photcopy documents, and as a back-up printer.) I sold mine a few months ago (different make) and I wish I had not as I really need one now!!

Last edited:
Need a cheap LCD monitor now they don't seem to do great prices at mcs.

How cheap, and what are your required specs mate?

15-17" it would just be used for the old PC to play the odd game and web browsing/printing etc, nothing special.
Looking on ebay there seem to be a few that reach about £50-60 so might get one from there.

Where do you live mate?

Can pick up a second hand 19" for £60 on a regular basis, 17" for £50 sometimes a lot less but this size is not very common.

A 15" can be had for about £25-£30, never pay more than £30 for an excellent condition 15".

Just put a wanted ad on Gumtree and also in your local free paper.

I found a site the other day called http://trade-it.co.uk/ which are based in Bristol but do cater for the outside area and they are literally massive for second hand things, and I do mean massive, hundreds of items posted each day in every category.

for o/clocking water is the best way in terms of price, im running a 6600 quad 2.4 @3.6 gig 42degress c

on full load with only one 120mm fan running at 900 rpm

silent cooling

How do these look , my m8's want me to build him one
but TBH it would be cheaper just to get one of these,

Was thinking of maybe getting one and putting the insides into
a brand new case (just for cosmetic purposes)

Do think that would be easy enough wtih the Dells, I remember years
ago I tried to put the insides of an old Tiny PC into another case , but
it was a nightmare as they had kinda welded (lol) the insides to the case

How do these look , my m8's want me to build him one
but TBH it would be cheaper just to get one of these,

Was thinking of maybe getting one and putting the insides into
a brand new case (just for cosmetic purposes)

Do think that would be easy enough wtih the Dells, I remember years
ago

This should be ok, as its a standard ATX motherboard. nothing is glued on thankfully! lol

I tried to put the insides of an old Tiny PC into another case , but
it was a nightmare as they had kinda welded (lol) the insides to the case

Good old epoxy... I don't think they would get away with it in this day and age :D - Yeah they used epoxy on nearly every damn component on the motherboard! including the hard drive. oh dear. lol

I'm surprised no one took them to court over that, or did they?

Thats good to know , think I'll save some bucks
and go down this route then cheerz

Just remember that what you buy from Dell systems is more or less the max speed it will run at. Very hard to get any overclocks, which is not a bad thing for most users, which I why I posted this thread in the first place.

Also this company is spot on, someone I know ordered a setup with an e6850 processor, it came with an e2180 processor which was on the invoice, so he rang them up and they checked their online details and sure enough they admitted they advertised it with the e6850 (£130 processor on it's own and the whole system with the 2600xt graphics card cost him just £210) so they are now sending him out the e6850 processor free of charge due to their mistake. Obviously he has ti fit it himself but he gets to keep the e2180 as well.

Wow, is that a result or what?

Back