Refurbished Computers At Decent Prices. Save hundreds of £'s on decent gaming systems

digicol

Inactive User
Reaction score
North East England, but nowhere near Dutcho!!! Ba
Some of these are quite decent, a lot of stock also so worth a look around.

http://www.mcscom.co.uk/section.php?xSec=50

An example to build yourself:
QX6700 £320
Motherboard and case about £70
2gb ram £30
500gb hard drive £45
8800GTX £180
DVD burner £15
DVD drive £10
Card reader £10
Vista Premium £60

Total about £750

The price of a this system on this website is £550 collected or just under £565 delivered. Saving you about £200 which is an amazing saving.

1 year warranty on all units also!!!

all prices are plus vat mind. and might not be but looks a little dodgy does that site just the layout.

Domain has been running for about 10 years Sargie, so seems to be fine.

And yeah for those looking at the prices on the main page, please add VAT, which I have done in my example.

Some decent savings to be had on the right mahcines. They also trade on eBay under tham name MCSCOMUK and have almost 10,000 positive feedback.

Domain name:
mcscom.co.uk

Registrant:
mcs.com

Trading as:
mcs.com

Registrant type:
Unknown

Registrant's address:
Unit 15
Fordingbridge Business Park
Ashford Rd
Fordingbridge
SP6 1BD
Unknown
SP6 1BD
GB

Registrar:
Freezone Internet Ltd t/a FreeZone [Tag = FREEZONE]
URL: http://www.freezone.co.uk

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 20-Jul-1999
Renewal date: 20-Jul-2009
Last updated: 20-Jun-2007

Registration status:
Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:
ns0.freezone.co.uk
ns1.freezone.co.uk

looked on here b4
not bad sometimes
good to keep checkin back as they have real cheap deals on..now and again

Had another look as I did not really look much yesterday.

Today I entered the Vostro section and the first one I came to was again a fantastic price:

Vostro 200
Dual Core e2140
1gb DDRII ram
160gb hard drive
DVD writer

(No OS).

£134 delivered with 1 year warranty!!! (Even cheaper if collecting in person).

I could not build this for that price!!!

EDIT:

WOW still looking and they just get better, not going to list them, please take a look for yourselves, if your unsure as to what is a bargain just let me know which one your looking at and I will let you know.

Last edited:
site

has anyone got anything from this site before. and if so was the stuff ok? thinking about getting a pc from there

thanks gsim

Not tried yet.

The thing I am worried about is their product counter.

If it is automated then everyone can get a bargain, BUT I think it may be manual. Hence we may place an order only to be told this item has already been sold!

They seem to hold the same bargains for far too long, each and every one with the same stock levels. But then again it is bank holiday weekend after all so we will see how the stock levels fluctuate over the next week or so.

The site is genuine, but I think it may be first come first served thing, sort of you have to be quick to get the goodies., it may show in stock but upon checkout you may lose out and be refused the sale.

I hope to God I am wrong and they do still have the stock they are showing as the prices are quite simply awesome.

Actually the prices seem fine considering the fact they are :

1) Second hand
2) Have broken down before eg. Bad PSUs etc(But MCS has fixed them)
3) Don't include VAT
4) Come as just the unit, not even any power cables according to other forums and on board GFX.

This seems perfect for me tbh, since im looking for a cheap ass server I can run 24/7. I'll wait for some feedback on this, but it seems fine/genuine according to other forums.

T&Cs :

If a product has a 1 year warranty and is found to be faulty within the year then the buyer must notify us that the product is faulty, then return the product to us at the buyers expense. The item will be exchanged or repaired (refunds at the discretion of the management).

Incompatibility is not a valid reason for a full refund. Refunds will only be given at the discretion of the management, where incompatibility occurs, postage costs are non refundable and a 20% re-stocking fee will apply..

WTF is "Incompatibility" ? Thats a bit of a vague term :S

Last edited:
Second Hand?
Ok, refurbished maybe, which includes the term 'second user', since when has refurbished never included this term? And again it could include the term 'returned, fully working, not wanted!

They have borken down before....
Hmmm, has your car or your fathers car ever had a problem, your fridge, your feezer.....? But then again you admit they honour their 1 year warranty so what is the problem?

Don't Include VAT
You really should learn to read mate, therefore I am not even going there!!!!

4) Come as just the unit, not even any power cables according to other forums and on board GFX
Now I am really just going to walk away as you are clueless. Since when does a PC include a power cable and what are you talking about on board graphics?

I do value any valid comments on any post I make, but come on mate, if the site is funny then let us know in full.

After all I posted this link and would like to know if things are cool with the site or not. They have been going for years and I will be making orders myself in the near future, I would not post on here what I would not think is valid myself mate.

Cheers.

Col.

Last edited:
Huh? I was just stating the facts about why the price is so low? Lol, I don't get why your having a go at me :(

Edit :

I was not questioning the sites validity (sp?) Its deffo genuine but some users questioned why it was so cheap and i gave them an answer? - All those facts are true :S

Er, Have I done something else wrong? Kinda confused at your post :S

Last edited:
Lol, no mate.

Was just wondering myself if I had gave a link to a dodgy site. But some of your points were unanswered and seemed to make a point on each of them which I felt I had to look into just to give myself peace of mind.

I feel I answered them not for myself but for anyone else who is considering buying from the site.

Soz mate if I my reactions were over the top.

You have PM as a personal apology mate.

Ordered a machine today, I'll keep you updated.

I can also confirm that once the order is confirmed, the item is taken off the list. So the items seem to actually be in stock so its not misleading (As another user pointed out)

Fight fight fight fight

demonx dont take that shit from him smack him in the head gwan

digicol demonx is a thick as shit do deserved to be put in his place you dont have to apologise to him for being thick.

demonx digicol is calling you thick mate I wouldnt put up with that gwan smack him upside the head..

Now Im not one for causing trouble or stirring things up but.............

:roflmao:

The mods can deal with you prag, Can't be arsed tbh.

wheather this post is meant as a joke or not I dont know
but I dont see it in a funny way

read the rules m8

Any member found making racist/religious and/or defamatory comments, inciting anger amongst members; thereby causing distress to them, or their families, WILL be banned.

Fight fight fight fight

demonx dont take that shit from him smack him in the head gwan

digicol demonx is a thick as shit do deserved to be put in his place you dont have to apologise to him for being thick.

demonx digicol is calling you thick mate I wouldnt put up with that gwan smack him upside the head..

Now Im not one for causing trouble or stirring things up but.............

:roflmao:

Back