redex

nistleboy

Inactive User
Reaction score
is stuff any use I keep thinking about buying it but wondering will it make any difference.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

The issue with redex is you will get varying opinion based upon unique circumstances, it's probably not as important on modern engines but it does keep injectors clean.

I've used the Cetane one in my diesel and it does appear to give a slight performance increase as well as it not churning out crap when it first start it in a morning.

Last edited:
is it petrol or diesel??

i use 2 stroke in my transit, works wonders for it,lowers emissions,better fuel consumption

i use 2 stroke in my transit, works wonders for it,lowers emissions,better fuel consumption

Burning "2 stroke"? Now there is a smell that I miss. Same goes for creosote :)

I remember using Redex on my earlier cars. In particular I remember not only adding it to the petrol tank but removing the spark plugs and pouring a small amount inside each cylinder. Covered the plug holes with rags and turned the engine over for a few seconds to get it smeared around inside. Then replace the spark plugs and leave to do its thing overnight.

When I started the car up the following morning and drove off down my street the scene in my rear view mirror resembled the resulting mushroom cloud from a nuclear detonation :roflmao:

is it petrol or diesel??

it's an 07 Hyundai coupe as Exos said Erbs prob to modern .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
it's an 07 Hyundai coupe as Exos said Erbs prob to modern

Hello nistleboy, I remember a few days ago someone mentioning something called "Cataclean".

I searched ebay and found it then looked at a few videos on YouTube extolling its virtues, which kind of put me off wanting to try it :)

There is just something insincere about watching a bunch of men sitting around a table doing a sales pitch.

is it petrol or diesel??

Same here but in my RX8.I've also used Cataclean and is very good especially if your car is bordering on failed/failing the emissions

I used BG 244 Diesel engine cleaner as my egr valve had clogged up and my lexus is220d was playing up.

Would highly reccomend it. After 100 miles it fixed my idling issue too! felt better than the day i drove it out the garage!

I used BG 244 Diesel engine cleaner as my egr valve had clogged up and my lexus is220d was playing up.

Would highly reccomend it. After 100 miles it fixed my idling issue too! felt better than the day i drove it out the garage!

Would you use this stuff to resolve a problem, or would it work as a preventative too? I have a perfectly healthy 2004 Hyundai Tucson CRDi, would be nice to keep it that way!

BG244 has some rave reviews

I have tried it myself and its probably the strongest stuff out there

Use it every 6 month as a preventative measure and u shouldn't have anything clogging up

I'm always wary of 'rave reviews' as you don't know who really wrote them (TripAdvisor being a prime example), but honest opinions, such as yours and @f1maverick's count for so much more.
I'll need to try & get some sent/brought over, prices for stuff like that here are extortionate, IF you can even get it.
Thanks for the thumbs-up! :Cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used the forte range of additives. Had good results especially emissions wise.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

I remember using this in my bike, about once a week garage put a shot in the tank, my god did it smoke but did the job cleaned out engine :) you could see me coming when it was put in.

I always buy Redex when it's on offer & use it every couple of tanks, I'm not sure if it's a needed as years ago as there is a lot more adatives in our fuels already from the fuel companies, probably less so if your using supermarket fuel.

Not worth bothering with Redex it's too weak. Quite a few in the automotive industry including manufacturers use BQ244 and/or Forte, in fact one manufacturer used BQ244 as the solution to a large recall notice.
Taking into account facts like that I would think that the answer to does it work ? Is a big YES.
The company that makes and sells BQ244 also make Archoil products that can clean and protect most of the engine and exhaust system, such as clearing and cleaning injectors, diesel particulate filters and catalytic converters.

Back