Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Recording

pathere

Member +
I've got a 5402HD model 2 to watch the stuff on 27

How do you get it to record a ts when the key is not valid?

The record button does not work and a timed record fails.

I bought a Technisat Skystar S2 card with a view to that but it does not seem to tune the signal

What would be a card and software that actually works

According to digi247,

The M2 will record the encrypted BBC stream of 27.5° west although you are going to have to use a later patch as the PMT table got scrambled and only works with later patches.

Use the latest 142p version for best results

Which was in answer to this same question you asked on the TM forum.

Since reading that post I had applied 142p and it still was not working so broke out the Technisat card bought with a view to recording transport streams, I suspect it does not support the high bit rate. Its a problem nobody seems to talk about, so trying to get other peoples experiences is valuable and what forums are about methinks ...

As I asked the question originally on a Technomate forum it was probably not the best place to discuss using a pci card.

Last edited:
Since reading that post I had applied 142p and it still was not working so broke out the Technisat card bought with a view to recording transport streams, I suspect it does not support the high bit rate. Its a problem nobody seems to talk about, so trying to get other peoples experiences is valuable and what forums are about methinks ...

As I asked the question originally on a Technomate forum it was probably not the best place to discuss using a pci card.

You say you 'applied' patch 142P mate - exactly how - i.e. describe EXACTLY how you did it please! I had an M2 and recording worked fine on it with latest patch properly applied at that time!

You say you 'applied' patch 142P mate - exactly how - i.e. describe EXACTLY how you did it please! I had an M2 and recording worked fine on it with latest patch properly applied at that time!

I think the OP means after the BI$$ key changes and before the new one is found.

I think we might be getting confused here, the OP's original question was "How do you get it to record a ts when the key is not valid?"

As has already been stated, you cannot record on the TM without a valid key, a suitably equipped PC must be used to record the ts file.

I think we might be getting confused here, the OP's original question was "How do you get it to record a ts when the key is not valid?"

As has already been stated, you cannot record on the TM without a valid key, a suitably equipped PC must be used to record the ts file.

Whilst on the subject of recording 27.5W on a 5402 (sorry for hi-jacking the thread!) the M3 can just manage one 'live' recording, but timer recordings lose audio, (yet M1 & 2 are fine), is this a known issue?

Whilst on the subject of recording 27.5W on a 5402 (sorry for hi-jacking the thread!) the M3 can just manage one 'live' recording, but timer recordings lose audio, (yet M1 & 2 are fine), is this a known issue?

I have an M2 and M3, I find that the M3 just crashes and freezes on anything but one recording or time-shifting, simply impossible, same as the F3/5, which the M3 is essentially, never been sorted out, obviously an issue with the patch as it only happens on 27.5W.

I have the M3 on patch 122P mate and I can get live recording to work ok on 27.5W - and with sound - but cannot get timer recording to work at all - no EPG anyway so that's out, plus 'Menu' timer recording keeps telling me I've input incorrect time!
Tried the latter several times with NO success at all, simply keep being told 'incorrect time inputted' even though its not!
NB: Yes, I do believe Phantom is aware of this!

'incorrect time inputted' even though its not!
NB: Yes, I do believe Phantom is aware of this!

I HATE getting that message! But I usually find it IS something I've done wrong. And Phantom's being aware of the problem does not necessarily mean it'll be addressed. Does it?

I HATE getting that message! But I usually find it IS something I've done wrong. And Phantom's being aware of the problem does not necessarily mean it'll be addressed. Does it?

Yes mate, not half!! I've just mentioned this recording at 27.5W issue on TM Com Forum too, 'just in case' mate!!

I think there is only on way to patch it, using a usb stick and it reports its now using 142p so its not the patching that is the issue.

As subsequent posters point out the issue is not recording when the set has a valid key, its being able to record when the key changes as it might any day now;

I've had mixed results after changing the key to make it invalid or switching it off. Sometimes it records with the timer and sometimes it don't. It goes without saying I am not interested in watching the recording but in extracting a valid crypt8.

I think there is only on way to patch it, using a usb stick and it reports its now using 142p so its not the patching that is the issue.

As subsequent posters point out the issue is not recording when the set has a valid key, its being able to record when the key changes as it might any day now;

I've had mixed results after changing the key to make it invalid or switching it off. Sometimes it records with the timer and sometimes it don't. It goes without saying I am not interested in watching the recording but in extracting a valid crypt8.

True mate, but did you load 142P via USB like this:-
Suggest as follows:-

1) Back up current Channel List to USB - also make a note of current satellite/stb settings, e.g. latitude/longtitude, USALS(or Diseq), etc etc
2) Factory Reset
3) Load patch 142P from USB stick
4) Factory Reset
5) Power box off/on at back with power toggle switch - leave off for at least 60 secs
6) Reload Channel List from 1) above
7) Suggest load latest TM Softcam (unless already loaded on previously whilst on old patch)
8) Check all settings are back to 1) above

This should sort any issues mate!

Thanks for taking the time for a detailed reply. I did all that from the top down. I did manage to record a .ts once afterwards using the timer, One .ts yielded a valid crypt8 but another did not. and the recording only works occasionally.

Think I am going to give up on the Technomate and have a TBS 6925 in the post which seems to be what people recommend for the task.

Back