Recording update

don't hold ya breath Bally

why hasn't a single simple image come out with 1 fix ?
wide screen
audio on HD
HD skins

I would imagine these are simpler fixes than fixing steaming and recording etc ? I'm not a coder so could be wrong
but Digi sorted the 600 wide screen issue in the first compile if I remember

I think there could be bigger issues here to be totally honest

I doubt any 3rd party worth their salt are going to even attempt to patch UR's shortcomings. They'd be far more interested in stripping things back to basics and offloading all the DM crap that makes it into the current compiles, so wouldn't imagine any quick fix releases unless it's UR trying to save a bit of face.

i think the main thing that people are overlooking is that the TM800 is a new branch of hardware. DM image source is already compiled for the main processors that dreamboxes use, this includes all of the clones like eagle, openbox, whatever else box, even the Vu has the same processor, so can use the same pre compiled drivers that have been floating around for years. the rest is then customisation and adding chunks on (like what i did with the DW modded UR image) this way, as long as a foundation image works fine on the receiver (like open pli) then you can add just about anything on

ANYONE is free to play with the code that the UR images are compiled from, and the source can be downloaded live as updates happen, access for whoever wants it, and who is prepared to learn how to use it, can be found here

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/250263/

and everything you need to get a working linux environment for creating and editing your images can be found here

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/250340/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once you have this information on your computer, you can then create a working UR image to flash onto your receiver with the latest updates since the last release, however, any image you create and flash will be classed as a beta image untill UR make a public release from the code and may contain bugs. the code also contains detailed information about the processor and what it does

Last edited by a moderator:
how long does it take to get right though Dude ? surely if you make the hardware you have the drivers etc to suit ?

Ive had the box 5 months and the only real thing get get fixed is wifi that I can think of

its the HD skin that makes it look pretty :) you would think a simple addition from TM/UR_

I think it was you that asked weeks and weeks ago that skins be fixed Bally ?

at least give us something nice to look at while working on other things :)

the DTV HD skin looks really good from what I remember

Although its all starting to look a bit grim at the moment I rekon a lot should be fixed in the next image which I am hoping will be released by the end of the month.

I take it the HD skins still dont work ? not checked as it was hard to get back to a working skin as half the screen was missing :lol:

Im just fed up of the empty promises,late releases,nothing works as advertised
aint as if its a cheap box that you might expect things not to work

I spent my hard earned cash on a box that gives me TV and thats all

wheres the recording
wheres the playing of AVI,MKV blah blah blah

I cant be the only one that bought this box who is feeling like this surely ?

here is a advert for the box

Technomate 800 HD LINUX Satellite Receiver
PVR READY (?) USB

Technomate's long awaited TM800 HD receiver.
Technomate TM-800 HD Features :

Enigma 2 Linux System
1080p, 1080i, 720p, 576p & 576i High-Definition
1x DVB-S/S2 Satellite HD Tuner
320 MHz MIPS Processor
64 MByte NAND Flash & 256 MByte DDRAM
Internal SATA for internal 2.5" HDD
MPEG-2, MPEG-4 & H.264
Unlimited Channel Memory
SD to HD Hardware Upscaler
1x Smart Card Reader
2x USB Ports (for PVR, MP3, JPEG, Software Upgrade and more)
e-SATA
Ethernet Port
HDMI & Component Output
RF Modulator
2x Scarts
VFD Display
1W Standby
Optional WiFi module

The following formats are supported:

AVI, MKV, RM, MP4, Mov, 3gp, MPG, PS, vob, dat, ts, m2ts, flv, asf, wmv and wma

Video codec - MPEG2/4, H.264, H.263, WMV9, VC-1, Divx/Xvid and Real video

Audio codec - MP3, AC3, AAC, MP2, PCM, WMA and Real audio

Great value for money :lol:

Last edited:
I take it the HD skins still dont work ? not checked as it was hard to get back to a working skin as half the screen was missing :lol:

wheres the recording

Hi,
I totally agree with you 100%. I sent an email to technomate a few weeks ago but never had a reply. The only thing that changed was the source code was released to some developers... which ones does anybody know these developers??? There seems to be more secrecy then from iron curtain day's of the 70s.

On a Positive note:

I've also just had a look at the logs on the source and it does look like some activity is taking place. :Clap:

the DTV HD skin looks really good from what I remember

Aye, if you don't mind only seeing 25% of the screen! ;)

Think yourselves lucky you don't have the trouble I'm having with the Wifi.

If I reset he box it loses my Wifi adapter and I need to remove the power to get it back.Also my HDD works about 20% of the time. :(

I never got a wifi adapter so wired, but lets see what this week holds for us

wheres the recording

I feel exactly the same as you Rat, i feel a little conned. The main reason why i bought the TM800HD was for the PVR function. I used to own a spiderbox 9000:proud: honest. It was a good little box but the PVR function was basic and having owned a damn awful clone DM800 i thought that this was going to be my saviour. As of yet it isnt, i am very very close to purchasing a VU+ either Solo or Duo. I am giving TM until xmas to release something worthwhile then its going. Not just for myself but the other half is getting bloddy annoyed at anything being recorded either being blocky, no picture - just sound or a playback just locking up the box. As you will all know a happy man is a man whos wife isnt moaning at them at spending £250 of their hard earn cash on something that doesnt work:banana: and then reading on forums how wonderful and stable the VU+ solo and Duo is and then moaning at the why didnt a buy one of them :)

Last edited:
to be fair,
the VU+ solo really is a very stable box,
sorry, just thought i should rub it in.

Aye, if you don't mind only seeing 25% of the screen! ;)

Think yourselves lucky you don't have the trouble I'm having with the Wifi.

If I reset he box it loses my Wifi adapter and I need to remove the power to get it back.Also my HDD works about 20% of the time. :(

Dont get these problems m8, have to redo all the wifi settings if i do a factory reset but dont have to remove power.Also i use an external hdd which would work if the pvr issues are sorted only sd recordings can be watched without problems.

to be fair,
the VU+ solo really is a very stable box,
sorry, just thought i should rub it in.

so is the dreambox, all (or most lol) of its clones, and all the other receivers using the same drivers that have been knocking around for years, as posted earlier

i think the main thing that people are overlooking is that the TM800 is a new branch of hardware. DM image source is already compiled for the main processors that dreamboxes use, this includes all of the clones like eagle, openbox, whatever else box, even the Vu has the same processor, so can use the same pre compiled drivers that have been floating around for years. the rest is then customisation and adding chunks on (like what i did with the DW modded UR image) this way, as long as a foundation image works fine on the receiver (like open pli) then you can add just about anything on

If TM were to redesign the TM800, using the same processor as dreamboxes / Vu+ / clones / etc then an image would probably be released within hours

I think the majority of the 'issues' is processor driver issues, but im not an experienced coder so wouldnt know

EVERY linux receiver has teething troubles when they first come out, why should TM ones be any different?

Ill be totally honest Id like to keep the box,maybe Ive been a little unfair with some of my comments ?
but what I have said is true,things just aint getting fixed (at present) but saing that Im sure work is done constantly in the background :)

I would personally still like to have the HD skins fixed so at least it looks nice while the other stuff is being looked at,may not be important but nor was the icons in the front display ;)

Why exactly did TM/Itgate decide to use a completely different relatively unknown CPU ? Surely they knew that code would have to be re-written to be comaptible with the NXP CPU....was is purely cost saving vs the Broadcom CPU or is there more to it ?

Even basic HD boxes with different CPU's seem to be progressing a lot faster with basic features like PVR etc working OK look at Solomend/Skybox etc... ALI chipset based.

I still see long standing bugs in the lower end TM recievers as well TM500/600 UR Team havent implemented the widescreen fix in their images yet or fixed the CCAM server compatibility issue...do TM500/600 not use the same CPU as Dreambox 500 and 600 ?? If so whats the TM/ITGate excuse for those ??

so is the dreambox, all (or most lol) of its clones, and all the other receivers using the same drivers that have been knocking around for years, as posted earlier

If TM were to redesign the TM800, using the same processor as dreamboxes / Vu+ / clones / etc then an image would probably be released within hours

I think the majority of the 'issues' is processor driver issues, but im not an experienced coder so wouldnt know

EVERY linux receiver has teething troubles when they first come out, why should TM ones be any different?
hi digidude m8
Maybe e2 was a bad choise,they could come out with a standard linux based reciever and later try to adapt e2 on it would be a better choise.Some people managed to adapted e2 on a sh4 reciever ,so it would be done easily since tm has MIPS based processor(thats why cccam and other dm emus work).But at the end UR team failed to do things correct,and it might be so that other teams wont do it better

look boys i think we will be pleasantly suprised in a few days when the new image comes out lets just sit tight and wait and see !:Clap:

Back