Recording update

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I cant remember where I posted it now tbh but I remember saying the non encrypted HD recorded fine
well I recorded the rest of Children In Need (daughter wanted to see Mcfly)
on BBConeHD (non encrypted) and it was not great recording tbh
pixelated and skipped a few seconds of recording every 5 minutes or so

Patience is begining to wear thin with this box now :(
latest release image

I think everyone with a TM800 are loosing their patience , i too would like recording to be sorted and also media player so that i can watch my divx movies.I hope a team like VIX :)Clap::Clap::Clap:)are working on an image.If you look in the VU Section their images are awesome compared to what we have.

Oh I do keep looking jsaw :)
I just dont have the cash to buy one

tax man owes me some money and if it comes through in time a new (non tm) box could be a xmas pressie to me :)

Im hoping we get some new images from other teams soon. While this box works perfect for watching tv. It lacks the features it advertises.

tax man owes me some money and if it comes through in time a new (non tm) box could be a xmas pressie to me :)

If a decent image doesnt come soon my TM box could become a preesie for someone i dont like.

:banana::banana::banana:

I think now the source has been released there are some exciting images coming but its just a little waiting game. I think by the new year the new images will transform the way the TM800HD functions.

don't hold ya breath Bally

why hasn't a single simple image come out with 1 fix ?
wide screen
audio on HD
HD skins

I would imagine these are simpler fixes than fixing steaming and recording etc ? I'm not a coder so could be wrong
but Digi sorted the 600 wide screen issue in the first compile if I remember

I think there could be bigger issues here to be totally honest

Last edited:
well i spoke to richard at technomate - who reliably informed me that a new image will be released in the next few days with 95% of the bugs fixed so heres hoping !!

well i spoke to richard at technomate - who reliably informed me that a new image will be released in the next few days with 95% of the bugs fixed so heres hoping !!

:lol: well lets hope you are right mate

Patience is begining to wear thin with this box now :(
latest release image

Flipping heck John, I never expected this from you. :)

I've stopped checking for fixes etc, I'm bored shitless with the box.

dont like saying it either Witchy
but you have to wake up and admit to yourself "you made the wrong choice"

thats how I feel at present anyway mate lol who knows next week a team could release a fully working image ? I doubt it,but hey who knows ;)

Hi,

I also spoke to the guy at technomate yesterday, he gave me the same info. A new image will be released middle next week. He also informed me the card reader should/will be working along with the hard drive problems.

I'm quite lucky this box makes a decent clock on top of my VU duo. :banana:

im trying to get the media player running, and have tried just about everything i can think of, including having a DM800 running openpli and comparing files etc. ive completley removed all traces of mediaplayer from the image, at source level on the TM800, and removed via menu on DM800, then installed a pre built package on both. on the DM800 it woirked straight off, on the TM800 it was the same as it is now, will only recognise .ts files

If its like any of the other releases it may be too big, the image i am using is right on the limit at 52mb.Open PLi images for the DM800 are only 32mb , dont know the size VIX managed for VU boxes.

I have crashed twice recently with message to remove plugins to free memory.

I have been working on the network mount.

I got it to work but when I used the pc where the mount was the box crashed, due to work commitments I don't get much time to play :(

Was hoping to get some time today but thought wrong :(

im trying to get the media player running, and have tried just about everything i can think of, including having a DM800 running openpli and comparing files etc. ive completley removed all traces of mediaplayer from the image, at source level on the TM800, and removed via menu on DM800, then installed a pre built package on both. on the DM800 it woirked straight off, on the TM800 it was the same as it is now, will only recognise .ts files

isn't all the video stuff handled by dedicated hardware on these boxes ?

CPU specs alone don't seem high enough to handle mkv on the DM800..

could be wrong i don't lnow much about E2 let alone hardware side of things

dont like saying it either Witchy
but you have to wake up and admit to yourself "you made the wrong choice"

thats how I feel at present anyway mate lol who knows next week a team could release a fully working image ? I doubt it,but hey who knows ;)

You are not alone m8,we are too many that made wrong choise at the moment.

squig007 I hope you are right as my first introduction to this type of box it as not been the best ...
So I have my fingers crossed you are right :)

Back