Recording issues on HD channels 5402HD

linsladeboy

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have been trying to record HD channels via usb stick or usb hard drive and picture stutters or breaks up every few seconds, but strangely enough SD recordings playback fine.
I have tried reformatting drives to FAT32, changing A/V settings on receiver but still no luck!
I previously had a cra--y Spiderbox and did not have recording issues on that I can recall on HD channels so am a bit stuck on what else to try.

I have been trying to record HD channels via usb stick or usb hard drive and picture stutters or breaks up every few seconds, but strangely enough SD recordings playback fine.
I have tried reformatting drives to FAT32, changing A/V settings on receiver but still no luck!
I previously had a cra--y Spiderbox and did not have recording issues on that I can recall on HD channels so am a bit stuck on what else to try.

Try formatting HDD using the onboard "format" in the menu of your 5402...it did work for me when I had same problems you describe..

Hi Cfipro,
Many thanks for reply.
I have tried formatting on receiver but stilll same issues. What I can't get my head around is that playback is fine on SD channels.It's HD recording that's breaking up.

OK,totally confused now!
I phoned Technomate and they told me that problem is down to the fact that I have installed "unofficial firmware" as in phamtom patch presumably. They tell me that recording works fine on their latest "official firmware".
What's the difference between the two latest patches? updates look the same to me!

Did you really expect Technomate to give support with other Firmware ?
Come on :)

You should put the official firmware on it and test it. if you have no subscr.
then there is no reason to complain !

Did you really expect Technomate to give support with other Firmware ?
Come on :)

You should put the official firmware on it and test it. if you have no subscr.
then there is no reason to complain !

Thanks for responding.
No, I was not expecting Techonomate to give me support on unofficial firmware.
I thought is was a receiver/tv settings issue otherwise I would not have contacted them. I checked through various forums beforehand and could not see any similar related HD recording issues, that's why I rang them.
I'll try out official firmware later on and post back.

OK,totally confused now!
I phoned Technomate and they told me that problem is down to the fact that I have installed "unofficial firmware" as in phamtom patch presumably. They tell me that recording works fine on their latest "official firmware".
What's the difference between the two latest patches? updates look the same to me!

Yeah, Said that to me as well when I rang them up the other day...
They do not support the unofficial S/W "OFFICIALLY" BUT ... they do "UNOFFICIALLY"

WHOEVER does the patches many thanks to him/them !!! obviously phantom needs to be first on top of the list.

Last edited:
Recording problems::::

Advise should be taken as any new patch carries some fundamental changes to benefit 100% I recommend save your date then factory reset ,
USB 2 or 3 sticks do not have same speed of any hard disk
most of the reason recording in USB sticks is not successful due to speed
always use hard disk of any kind ,in test I found recording always been very good with any brand
record 3 channel and watch one in same tp
or record 3 channel from 2 TPs and watch 2 live channel at the same time in tm7102
I hope this will help:Clap:

Last edited:
Recording problems::::

Advise should be taken as any new patch carries some fundamental changes to benefit 100% I recommend save your date then factory reset ,
USB 2 or 3 sticks do not have same speed of any hard disk
most of the reason recording in USB sticks is not successful due to speed
always use hard disk of any kind ,in test I found recording always been very good with any brand
record 3 channel and watch one in same tp
or record 3 channel from 2 TPs and watch 2 live channel at the same time in tm7102
I hope this will help:Clap:

I can confirm that Phantom's remarks are correct on my set up. I formatted two different USB sticks, 4gb and 8gb.Recordings on both sticks with HD channels was bad with breaking up and stuttering pictures, but both sticks seemed ok on SD channels. I then formatted a Freecom mobile hard disk drive and so far recordings on HD and SD have been fine:banana:
Still can't connect to youtube though which is disappointing as I seem to be able to connect ok to online and radio services. Perhaps phantom can point me in right direction on this one too:Clap:

Back