Recording annoyance

Bally12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Recording annoyance (has been fixed already)

Ok so the dw800hd is a great all rounder but im really starting to dislike the usb recording from epg because it starts and stops according to clock and sometimes the programmes finish 2-3mins after or start 1 minute earlier so you miss the start or finish.

Is there anyway to fix this... Yes I know you can do manual record but the whole point of the epg record is so you dont have to sit there pressing record.

Whats vcr record? If the next firmware could add 3mins to start and end of epg that would be great.

Would like other peoples thoughts on this too.

Last edited:
With a dm800 you can set it to record a couple of mins earlier and extend the recording for a couple of mins after. im sure your box will also have a function like this, can you see a recording menu?

With a dm800 you can set it to record a couple of mins earlier and extend the recording for a couple of mins after. im sure your box will also have a function like this, can you see a recording menu?

I know the DM800 has this feature but thats because its a different box all together.

Ok so the dw800hd is a great all rounder but im really starting to dislike the usb recording from epg because it starts and stops according to clock and sometimes the programmes finish 2-3mins after or start 1 minute earlier so you miss the start or finish.

Is there anyway to fix this... Yes I know you can do manual record but the whole point of the epg record is so you dont have to sit there pressing record.

Whats vcr record? If the next firmware could add 3mins to start and end of epg that would be great.

Would like other peoples thoughts on this too.

Hi m8
the feature you are talking about has been available on the DW800 since the Dec firmware update.
Once you have set up your recording from the epg.Come out of epg via return button, then press timer button. Highlight recording you require, press enter, scroll & you will find prestart/extend. Once there you can pick from the prestart/extend times available.
Hope this helps:banana:

I know the DM800 has this feature but thats because its a different box all together.

Well thats my bad for tying to help you. I will not bother you in the future and use my limited knowledge to help people who need it.

Well thats my bad for tying to help you. I will not bother you in the future and use my limited knowledge to help people who need it.

Feel free to help and contribute as much you like but the box you are talking about is completely different to the box I am talking about... You cannot compare the two.

Hi m8
the feature you are talking about has been available on the DW800 since the Dec firmware update.
Once you have set up your recording from the epg.Come out of epg via return button, then press timer button. Highlight recording you require, press enter, scroll & you will find prestart/extend. Once there you can pick from the prestart/extend times available.
Hope this helps:banana:

Will try that tonight but it would be better if it added 3mins to start and end by default. Instead of having to do it manually each time.

Will try that tonight but it would be better if it added 3mins to start and end by default. Instead of having to do it manually each time.

I think once you have set it to a specific time, I.E prestart/extend 3 mins, this then applies to all recordings until you alter it:banana:

If thats the case I will be very happy... Its a shame there isnt a proper manual or some sort of online wiki to show what all the features are and how to use them.

SPOT ON MATE! I would have never of known you could do that! All I had to do is press the timer button then green buton on remote to set the way I wanted! I have posted this so many times as a request but all the long its been there!

Seriously there should be a support forum for the DW800HD with a pdf manual or online wiki... who makes these boxes?

it was stated in the sticky Bally12345 :)

Muhaha I can see that now but never really noticed it before... Should do proper change logs... In fact was that put in after I made the feature request? If so bravo to the developers for listening :Clap:

The problem comes when you try and record two programs back to back on 2 different channels, thats why its a 'selectable' feature I imagine.

:)

SPOT ON MATE! I would have never of known you could do that! All I had to do is press the timer button then green buton on remote to set the way I wanted! I have posted this so many times as a request but all the long its been there!

Seriously there should be a support forum for the DW800HD with a pdf manual or online wiki... who makes these boxes?

Here Ye'r Go! DW800HD pdf manual

Back