Recommendations

bobby1979

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all new to the scene heard alot about the euro sat scene and looking to get a piece of the action lol what is the best to get?also working to a budget and also anyone in or around west yorkshire that can come install and set up cheers

Hi all new to the scene heard alot about the euro sat scene and looking to get a piece of the action lol what is the best to get?also working to a budget and also anyone in or around west yorkshire that can come install and set up cheers

Hi Bobby,
What you need and what you want maybe two different things. It may help if you state your priority for the sat scene.
I.e if you want it mainly for football, movies, entertainment or XXX

Alot of people go the motorised route, I would say for a newbie go with a fixed dish with 13e 19e and 28e off the one dish. This will give you a good variety of the above accross three sats and should be more than enough for someone starting out.

If it tv for a certain nation, Chinese, Hungarian, Romanian etc state what it is because that might influence what sat to aim for.

Also let us know what that budget is and if you would be able to install yourself (not that hard just takes time).

Any other questions just ask, someone will be along to answer them.

Regards

Theblueirish

ive been offered a icecrypt s3000 with motorised dish think man said 68cm all installed up and running 350 so budget around there what are your thoughts on that setup cos ive no idea lol

I would recommend:
TM600 for SD around £100 mark or a spiderbox 7000 HD for about £140 this comes with a "gift" which means that you get a lot of channels free. I don't have one of these but its my next purchase.

if you want to go motorised I would go for a Triax TD110 around £60
a technomate motor about £45

A good set of galvanised T&K brackets around £20

0.1db LNB say £10

Webro WF100 cable guessing about £30 will depend on size of run

All that comes to about £300 give or take a few quid.

If you can do the install yourself it would be better or have a look here https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/232720/

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers for the advice appreciated dont want to try installing myself as really dont know a great deal about it so gonna have to try find a new friend on here maybe lol

Just about to buy too!!

So the SB 7k HD - and 'gift' will give me the major 3 F's (Footy/Films/Filth) for that price?

Have a motorised dish currently but its a GDS 7000 HD and doesn't support most useful options...

Will it just be a case of plug, scan and play?

:Fish:

Hi

Where are you in West Yorkshire M8, i,m on the outskirts of Leeds.
Birstall, near Batley.

Fezzy

Just about to buy too!!

So the SB 7k HD - and 'gift' will give me the major 3 F's (Footy/Films/Filth) for that price?

Have a motorised dish currently but its a GDS 7000 HD and doesn't support most useful options...

Will it just be a case of plug, scan and play?

:Fish:

not far off, plug in, load latest patch and channel lists, and set up usals or diseq for your sats

i would not buy a spiderbox at the min,wasnt long ago they lost all the channels and dont have them all back yet do they?id have another look at your options before getting 1

Last edited:
Is this still the case - I thought this had been sorted??? What is missing from the current line-up?

Alternatives I've looked at TM5402, Xtrend ET5000 or VU+ Solo.. dm800hd.. Would like PVR, Good HD and access to good encrypted channels. All other things - nice to have!

i would not buy a spiderbox at the min,wasnt long ago they lost all the channels and dont have them all back yet do they?id have another look at your options before getting 1

A lot of gift channels are coming back.

Besides even without gift you can watch through softcams, fta and of course using a line

It is also a very user friendly box, easy to use, set up add files etc, picture quality is great in HD, no linux to learn

Back