Recommend me a HD simple n cheap sat box ?

rp3X

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi I require a simple HD box, one that sorta just works out the box.

Ive had Spiderbox HD9000 before which did just that, but fancied something alot cheaper, one where I can just enter CCCAM etc via remote, one that is friendly and simple and cheap if possible ?

skybox f3, openbox s9 or s11, about £50 and does exactly what you want, although ya may need to put your own channel list in or a downloaded 1.

skybox f3, openbox x3 m8 very good box and hd for £50

thx skybox f3 is looking good, any known issues ? I dont fancy having a overheating box like how I did with my spiderbox....

blade 7000 hd best plug and play box around and well worth the double that the f3 is

The open boxes tick the boxes of what your looking for but they are very basic, for me, it was too basic and finding decent upto date channel lists can sometimes be a pain everytime something changes frequency, also they have no full epg only now and next but if it's solely for just watching a bit of hd telly here and there and you don't mind fannying about with channel lists then it's ideal although as mention that blade 7000 is a good box for a bit more £££

Sent from my telephone.

Ive got a few f3 boxes none over heating regrading channel lists quiet easy to do your own I've done 2 channel lists and i wouldnt say im an expert for anyone wanting a cheap hd box thats easy to use ,personally dont think you can beat these

thx for all the suggestions

Yeah the skybox F3 box @ 50-60 quid is looking like the right box, looking at the specs it does confirm it has 7 day EPG
though so im surprised it does not ?

also the specs confirm it does support USALS, PVR via usb, teletext and subtitle support and Automatic and manual channel scan options, I take it all these features are working good and ok ?

i know you would like a easy to use box m8 but a vu+solo clone for £106 delivered is a fantastic box imo and i cant praise them highly enough. once set-up it will do all you want with pvr,coolmans epg,usals,runs cool and has great images from B.H.... ive just installed a F3 and i wouldnt use them for anything other than a fixed [email protected] ect but i have to say the PQ was excellent in hd and they are worth the money. maybe its just me but i think a linux box is the best investment for support,addons,features ect and they are worth the extra cash. regards mdt

Been using the Blade for a few months now and have no complaints its a great box boots up in less than 20 seconds menu is very easy to use and the picture quality is great

Orton X403P exists with DVB-C or DVB-S

For me the best choice ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back