recommend a wireless router?

suarez07

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, im in need of a new router now as my d-link keeps dropping the wirless connection i can spend up to £30 on a new router.
Im with virgin and have 100mb speed, i have an 8 port unmanaged switch running off the router aswell as everything is cabled except my phone and laptop.
can anyone recommend a good router within my price range?
i would ideally like it to be black just because all my other equipment is black.

Whats wrong with the virgin super hub?

i could never get it working right as a wireless router whenever i left the house then returned my phone couldnt see the wifi untill i rebooted the hub.
also when i had my xbox cabled using it as a router i would constantly disconnect and reconnect to xbox live parties but as soon as i put it into modem only mode and connected my d-link router back the xbox worked fine again,
the other annoyance is i use smart dns and there is no option to add the dns settings into the super hub and since i have quite a few devices used for netflix it's a major pain entering the dns settings into each device

hi thanks for all the reply's, after reading the thread mick posted Ive ordered the tenda router everyone seems impressed with it and its a good price for a gigabit router.

considering your price range, that is truly your best option

don't buy netgear dgn2200 !

The OP asked for recommendations over what to buy, unless you are going to be helpful and post something constructive then please don't bother.

deleting your post.

WRT54GL with Tomato 1.28. Best router I've ever owned, and I've owned a lot. I now own two of these and use these when installing for clients, etc.

I was using a WRT54GL but it just didn't cut it for me anymore with memory constantly running out. It was running DDWRT for what its worth..

Now I've upgraded to an E3000 using DDWRT and with a couple of tricks I found searching it's pretty good. HUGE improvement over the old WRT54GL! The memory is now only used at about 25-30% and CPU useage is always low...I have a lot of ports going from torrents so that uses a lot of power itself. Very happy with what I have now, except no external antennas. Some people have complained about cooling problems with it as well, but I've never had a problem myself.

I had the exact router, wrt54gl, had no problems straight after i put ddwrt on it, have an asus rtn66u now which is great!

Back