Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

received my vu+duo2 today.

grantsmith82

Inactive User
HI all,
so I bit the bullet and got a vu+duo2 today. with x2 dual tuners.

I have ordered a 2tb Hdd just waiting to arrive. so at the moment ive set everything up on the box apart from epg and picons (as they save in the HDD)

couple of questions I believe I need to use LCD4Linux to configure the small LCD display on the box. however this is already installed (pre installed with VIX image)
so how do I change the lcd to display for example weather or the actual channel picon (once I install HDD and install them)

also any ideas what I need to do to get air play to work with my ipad ?

also using vu+player on my iphone/ipad is there any difference with this using duo2 than my vu+duo is there any more new advance options?

You should put your picons on the internal flash. The receiver has plenty of memory, internal flash is the fastest place to have them.

to put picons on internal flash just create "picon" folder on the root memory of the flash, ie when you ftp to your box..just create it there,,,

HI all,
so I bit the bullet and got a vu+duo2 today. with x2 dual tuners.

I have ordered a 2tb Hdd just waiting to arrive. so at the moment ive set everything up on the box apart from epg and picons (as they save in the HDD)

couple of questions I believe I need to use LCD4Linux to configure the small LCD display on the box. however this is already installed (pre installed with VIX image)
so how do I change the lcd to display for example weather or the actual channel picon (once I install HDD and install them)

also any ideas what I need to do to get air play to work with my ipad ?

also using vu+player on my iphone/ipad is there any difference with this using duo2 than my vu+duo is there any more new advance options?

VU player is just a case of putting in IP address of box in settings of vu player and name of box..

For LCD:go to lcd4linux set up in menu open it and on the first line it says lcd4linux on/off turn on
then using blue button on remote press it to choose.set on/set idol/set media and you can set a display for each.
you can adjust all the settings and its all done within the plugin you see to the right of the set up menu you can see exactly what the display will look like and what your ajusting/settingin a display template.

How to backup your VU+ Duo2 LCD4Linux config.

1) Menu > Setup > Plugins > Select LCD4Linux.
2) Once you've accessed the plugin press Menu button on your remote.
3) Select Save config to file and press ok.
4) You will be prompted to give the file a name, I just use the default name that is prompted.
5) The config file will then be saved to /tmp.
6) Retrieve the config file using FTP.

How to restore your VU+ Duo2 LCD4Linux config.

1) FTP your config to /tmp.
2) Menu > Setup > Plugins > Select LCD4Linux.
3) Once you've accessed the plugin press Menu button on your remote.
3) Select Load file and press ok.
4) Exit out of all screens, your LCD screen should now be using the new config. If not change TV channel.

BTW: All settings can be done via the WEB-IF: http://yourboxip/lcd4linux/config

As for picons download them from feeds..it will ask you where you want them stored choose "internal"

Last edited:
Back