Reality TV star Jade Goody has died

Kruger

Inactive User
Reaction score
Reality TV star Jade Goody has died at the age of 27, her spokesman Max Clifford has confirmed.

She died at home in Upshire, Essex, overnight on Saturday after a battle with cancer.

Goody was diagnosed with cervical cancer in 2008 but the disease spread to her liver, groin and bowel and she was told it was terminal in February.

She had been treated at the Royal Marsden Hospital in west London but wanted to die at home with her family.

She wanted "to spend all the time she had got left" with new husband Jack Tweed and sons, Bobby, five, and Freddy, four.

Media interest

The star died at home at 3.14am on Mother's Day.

Her mother Jackiey Budden said: "My beautiful daughter is at peace."

Ms Budden and Tweed were at Goody's side when she died, Mr Clifford said.

The star had been christened in a 20-minute ceremony at the Royal Marsden on 7 March while in a wheelchair and was assisted by nurses during the service.

Goody's illness had featured in the media on a daily basis over recent weeks.
Goody's husband Tweed is awaiting sentence for attacking a taxi driver

She married partner Jack Tweed on 21 February at Down Hall Country House Hotel in Essex. OK! magazine paid a reported £700,000 to cover the event.

Goody stipulated that the entire amount should be passed on to her sons.

The wedding was also filmed as part of a documentary series following the star and was screened on digital channel Living.

Goody, originally from Bermondsey, south London, had been open about wanting to exploit media interest in her battle with cancer.

She was keen to raise public awareness of the disease and prevent other women from suffering her fate.

Family friend, Kevin Adams, who was with Goody when she died, said: "I think she's going to be remembered as a young girl who has, and who will, save an awful lot of lives.

"She was a very, very brave girl and she faced her death in the way she faced her whole life - full on, with a lot of courage."

'Celebration of life'

Even in death the cameras will remain firmly fixed on Goody as preparations are made for her funeral.

Before she died she told those around her she wanted the service to be a "celebration" of her life.

"She wants it to be a big celebration because it's her final farewell to everybody," Mr Clifford said.

"She's the world's first reality television star.

"It will be a very Jade Goody event - exactly the way she wants it."

Mr Clifford said he hoped Goody's family would be left in peace to grieve.

Tweed, 21, is awaiting sentence after he was found guilty of attacking a taxi driver and threatening to stab him after leaving a club in Essex last year.

He was jailed for 18 months last September after assaulting a teenager with a golf club.

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Reality TV star Jade Goody dies

please can we ask you keep your opinions to yourself in this thread
you know what I mean ;)

such a shame at such a young age

OMG and on mothers day to :Cry: R.I.P Jade

So sad, and on mother's day too, Rest in peace Jade

rip

i have no burning opinion either way of the woman but lets hope the publicity generated from her fight against cancer will help future young girls realise they need to have a smear test regularly......27 is no age to die

R.I.P Jade, your suffering is over.... you can shine down on your boys now from above.

She's my partners and my age, scary. :(

May she RIP,
I think it was very fitting she died on Mother's Day.

as i have stated before i never liked her but still have symphty to her family and children
may she rest in peace
and this acts as a warning to all ppl about the need to combat all cancers

Back