RANT: People using camera phones at their kids special event ...

Lanstrom

Inactive User
Reaction score
So my lad has been learning the violin all year at school and he had a concert the other night. I take my compact Samsung with 15x optical zoom camera with me which means that although he is on the other side of the hall to me I can still get some fairly decent shots of him in action but ... all around me there are other parents using shyte camera phones with only digital zoom available :(

Com on guys ... this is your precious little darlings BIG moment. Surely it would warrant spending a little bit of money on a decent camera. There's gonna be loads of events you can use it at and if you can afford a bloomin iPhone4 surely you can afford £100ish (or more) for a reasonable camera ?!

We had a rant room once, I can see why the got rid of it, what a stupid rant, why you are at it why not tell everyone they should live in a 6 bedroom house with a pool and drive a £25,000 car, and fook the stupid people who are on low pay and getting hammered by this government, they should have a better camera because you say so, get a life and find something else to whine about ffs.

I agree with Emarald, what a waste of a post, but then I hang my head in shame for wasting a post by saying so. :)

I have agree with Emarald here. Not every one has or wants a fancy camera, my phone does the job for m8.

So my lad has been learning the violin all year at school and he had a concert the other night. I take my compact Samsung with 15x optical zoom camera with me which means that although he is on the other side of the hall to me I can still get some fairly decent shots of him in action but ... all around me there are other parents using shyte camera phones with only digital zoom available :(

Com on guys ... this is your precious little darlings BIG moment. Surely it would warrant spending a little bit of money on a decent camera. There's gonna be loads of events you can use it at and if you can afford a bloomin iPhone4 surely you can afford £100ish (or more) for a reasonable camera ?!

Bet your glad that's off your chest now pmsl.

Fook im worried, 3 times in a year ive agreed with emarald.
Good post mate couldnt have put it better myself.

Everyone wants to capture their kids special moments, but each and every parent has a budget. High or lower quality, capturing it is the main thing, whatever device they're using.

Not every parent can afford to pay out for a sub £200 camera (unless it was over £200 when you bought it), when all they'll do is take snaps. And most parents will be happy with the results. I took a video on my old phones camera and was great for capturing the occasion.

Some cameraphones produce pictures everyones happy with mate. Don't get wound up about something as trivial as this.

There's bigger things to worry about in these times of austerity.

You are lucky that you are allowed to use a camera to capture your kids special moments. Our local council has banned the use of all video equipment at any activities involving children, I'm not even sure whether or not we are allowed to even take pictures. The school hires a 'professional' to film it and he copies it onto a DVD, then flogs it to us for a tenner. When I want a video of my kids in a pantomime or whatever, I'm really only interested in MY kids, so I want to have plenty of closeups of MY kid, not a lot of strangers.

Back