Rangers FC Thread

How thick can they get
Septic are 10,000 season tickets down
Compared to last season due to the muppets
Waiting to see if rangers get back in the spl.

Pmsl harming there own club
San giro will have 30,000 next season

its probably more than 10.000 mate lol
who will want a season ticket if there no rangers ?
if there no rangers they will need to drop the price aswell lol
the only time there ground was fill last year was when we where at it :Laugh:

How thick can they get
Septic are 10,000 season tickets down
Compared to last season due to the muppets
Waiting to see if rangers get back in the spl.

Pmsl harming there own club
San giro will have 30,000 next season

Sporting integrity has bugger all to do with it. They know exactly what has happened to us we have been defrauded by Whyte who tried to buy us on the cheap, got in too deep and fecked up. We are the victims of white collar crime and thus should go straight back to the SPL.

Sporting integrity my (_!_)

All i can say is there are more thickos in scotland than i once thought.:Dunce: Sky dictates the spl and the premier league. The sooner all the chumps realise that the better.:Dunce:
Did all the chumps for a minute believe that Sky would offer the teams in the spl anywhere near the amount of cash they got last season. Also look what happened when Rangers couldnt pay Dundee Utd (i think thats who it was) for ONE game. They couldnt pay there players wages for that month.

Anyway all i can say is. YOUR ONLY HERE FOR THE RANGERS

Rangers would have to start in Scottish League Division Three, says SFL chief executive David Longmuir - Telegraph

David Longmuir, the chief executive of the Scottish Football League, is opposed to a proposal which would see Rangers demoted to the First Division.

His counterpart at the Scottish Football Association, Stewart Regan, has been discussing the matter with the SPL as they attempt to work out a compromise punishment for the club, who could be found guilty of misuse of dual contracts at a meeting of the Scottish Premier League board at Hampden on Monday.

Regan is also anxious to merge the SPL and SFL but there is little chance that a move to integrate the two bodies for the first time since 1998 could be completed in time for the beginning of 2012/13.

Should Rangers be expelled from the elite division (either by the SPL or the SFA’s appellant tribunal), then they would be forced to apply to join the SFL in the Third Division.

However, the possibility of Rangers dropping only one division has been mooted in an attempt to salvage the new, four-year broadcasting agreement with Sky, which has yet to be signed. Longmuir, though, is not convinced of the merits of that argument.

“The decisions that have to be made by the SPL and SFA in the coming weeks are far more crucial than the knock-on effects that come to the SFL,” he said.

“There are no winners in this situation. The good of the game is balancing sporting integrity with the finances available, and to be realistic about the future.”

Longmuir also suggested that — in the event of Rangers being ejected from the top tier – he would not welcome any application from them to join his organisation unless they were prepared to start at the bottom.

Any vacancy arising in the SPL would be filled by First Division runners-up Dundee, while losing play-off-finalists Airdrie United and Stranraer would be promoted to the First and Second Divisions respectively.

That would leave Rangers facing the prospect of meeting the likes of East Stirling, Annan Athletic, Peterhead and Montrose four times a season and replacing the Old Firm clash with derby matches against Queen’s Park.

“It would be a newco scenario and the only way we could accommodate any new application would be to create a gap in the Third Division through the play-offs with teams shuffling up,” said Longmuir

“We would then judge every case on its own merits. There would be no provision for any newco Rangers to go into the First Division rather than the Third Division.”

Meanwhile, Rangers are set to be left off the fixture list for the forthcoming Clydesdale Bank Premier League season, with 'Club 12’ taking their place, as the uncertainty at Ibrox continues.

The Glasgow club, champions in 2010-11 but now facing an uncertain future, announced the news on Sunday on the eve of the publication of the SPL fixtures, which takes place at 9am on Monday.

With the process ongoing, the punishment for Rangers being liquidated and the establishment of a newco Rangers is still to be determined and they could yet be demoted from the Scottish Premier League to the Scottish Football League.

It remains uncertain if Dunfermline, relegated from the SPL last term, or Dundee, runners-up to promoted Ross County in the Irn-Bru First Division, would occupy the 'Club 12’ slot should Rangers be denied a place in the competition.

A story on Rangers’ official website read: “The SPL are replacing Rangers with 'Club 12’ in the official list of fixtures for the 2012-13 season.

“The governing body is sticking to the schedule of announcing the matches as planned but have taken the Ibrox men out of the list after the developments of last week which saw Rangers FC change ownership under a newco scenario.

“The Sevco consortium headed by Charles Green completed the purchase of the club and its assets last week when HMRC refused to support an exit from administration through CVA.

“They are now seeking to transfer the SPL share from the old company – Rangers Football Club plc – to the new company, The Rangers Football Club.

“All 12 member clubs need to vote on this application and eight votes are required for Rangers to be playing SPL football next season.

“A date for this vote has yet to be set so the SPL have decided to use 'Club 12’ in their list of fixtures in order to cover all eventualities.

“If the transfer of the SPL share is successful then Rangers will assume the 'Club 12’ fixtures.”

I was trying to understand why Rangers are being treated so differently from every other club in Scotland that has previously gone into admin. Motherwell, no punishment at all, Livingston, no punishment at all the first time (2004), Dundee 10 points deduction only for the first time, and came across this little gem:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/jimspence/2010/11/dundee_punishment_is_misguided.html

Who would have believed that only 18 months ago this same Jim Spence was advocating that Dundee's penalty of 25 points and nothing else, for going into Admin for the SECOND time was quote "misguided and disproportionate". So come on Jim, grow a pair and be truthful...tells us exactly why you really want Rangers to be hung, drawn & quartered for a first offence?

Dundee penalty is misguided and disproportionate

Jim Spence | 18:06 UK time, Tuesday, 2 November 2010

The Dundee fans are revolting.

You know what I mean...

The Dark Blues, who carry the biggest away support in the First Division, are contemplating a boycott of away games and it's understandable considering how they've been treated.

With Dundee fighting for their very existence, their fans have been royally shafted - once by their own board, and now by the SFL board.

It wasn't the fans who didn't pay the tax bill, but they're the ones who stand to lose their club.

Because make no mistake, Dundee FC are very close to going out of business, and it wasn't the fans that put them in that position.
Dundee have been hit with a 25-point deduction for going into administration for a second time in seven years

Dundee may not have any backing on their travels as fans consider a boycott

Sadly, the boycott will hit innocent First Division clubs with their own financial worries.

It wasn't these clubs who voted to hit Dundee with a swingeing 25-point penalty which almost certainly condemns them to relegation, but representatives of part-time clubs in the lower divisions.

A boycott will hit other clubs hard, very hard in some cases.

Raith Rovers, for instance, are due two visits from Dundee and stand to lose around £40,000 from the absence of an expected 4,000 visiting fans for the two games, if the boycott goes ahead.

That will be the cost to just one First Division club of a misguided and disproportionate punishment.

If clubs are to be hammered for relying on a benefactor as Dundee did, then a lot of clubs will be twitching nervously.

In Dundee's case such a benefactor who seemed to be the real deal let them down badly.

His reputation is in tatters but he doesn't face losing his club.

He never supported it in the first place.

Dundee fans are fighting for 117 years of history and great memories.

That may mean nothing to those who made the points-deduction decision, but they may be about to find out that they have provoked a sleeping giant.

the answer is simple..

we should not ask to be re-instated in the premiere league, but accept our punishment and join the lowest division...

celtic will win the title for the foreseable future..
but who cares...
spl will be meaningless shit anyways...

i say call their bluff and demand to statrt in the lower division..

see how cocky they all are then.. ;)

if we get into the sphell next season every game will be like an old firm game. teams will rest players against celtic as they done openly last season.

NO CHANGE THERE THEN.

Dorin is Goian nowhere
By MARK WALKER
Published: Today at 06:23
RANGERS ace Dorin Goian has revealed he’s set to stay with the troubled Ibrox club.

The Romanian took a huge pay cut as Gers went into administration in a turbulent first season for the former Palermo star.

The defender’s agent was due to fly to Glasgow for talks last week but that was delayed by last weeks’s extraordinary events.

The 32-year-old has vowed to stay on, despite not knowing what division he will play in next year.

He said: “I like it at Rangers and my family and I are happy and have a good life in Glasgow.

“Yes, I had to accept three months where my wages were reduced by 75 per cent but I understand that has been resolved.

“The club has been taken over and everything seems okay again. Rangers are a very good team who were always going to recover. We have so many fans and Rangers are too big to disappear.”

SPL confirm newco have applied to transfer Rangers' member share

The Scottish Premier League has received an application from Charles Green to consider a transfer of Rangers' member share to his new company.

A notice period of 14 days is required before the 12 member clubs can convene to vote on whether to approve the proposal, with an 8-4 majority needed.

The owner of Rangers' share, which is currently administrators Duff and Phelps, is eligible to cast a vote.

SPL secretary Iain Blair said in a statement: "Following the failure of Rangers FC to exit administration via a CVA, we have received an application to register the transfer of their SPL share to a newco.

"Should it be rejected, then another club may be invited to join the SPL for season 2012/13."

If the vote does not go in the newco's favour, Green will be forced to consider an application to join the Scottish Football League, going up against other interested clubs for a vacant spot in the Third Division.

The new company's participation in any league is also dependent on them either being given permission by the Scottish FA to have Rangers' membership of the governing body transferred to them, or a new one being created.

You had better take down the SPL fixture list as re-production of fixtures can get you in serious doo doo. I got a legal letter a few years ago when i was running my Motherwell Fans site as i had the fixtures up on it

You had better take down the SPL fixture list as re-production of fixtures can get you in serious doo doo. I got a legal letter a few years ago when i was running my Motherwell Fans site as i had the fixtures up on it

sorted.. put in link instead..

Rangers newco club will find out on July 4 if it will be admitted to the Scottish Premier League (SPL).

The Ibrox side also faces disciplinary proceedings from the league’s governing body over its use of tax avoiding offshore employee benefit trusts (EBTs) to pay players between 2000 and 2010.

On Monday, the SPL confirmed it would hold a meeting of all clubs early next month to decide on the application to transfer Rangers’ SPL member share to a new business entity, currently called Sevco 5088 Limited.

At the meeting the clubs can decide if the deal can go ahead after Rangers FC plc failed to survive once it was plunged into administration with debts of up to £134m.

A statement from the SPL read: "An application for registration of transfer of Rangers’ SPL share has been received. Consideration of the application will depend on receipt by the SPL Board of all required documentation and verification.

"A general meeting of all 12 member clubs has been convened for 10am on Wednesday, July 4, 2012, for members to decide whether to approve the transfer."

Member clubs will also have the opportunity at the meeting to decide what punishment the newco club would face should it be admitted to the league.

Gregory Ioannidis ‏@LawTop20 With RFC ending, liabilities and sanctions [Court of Session, dual contracts etc] would also end. This is the main advantage of New Rangers.

Gregory Ioannidis ‏@LawTop20 The 'transfer' of the OldCo's liabilities to the NewCo, would mean a serious violation of the separate corporate personality principle.

Gregory Ioannidis ‏@LawTop20 @Paulmcc12 @evanjhenderson @mdkster Just to help: SPL may vote to apply sanctions to NewCo but it would be in violation of national law

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back