Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RANGERS F.C. Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
file no longer there marc
is it the one u sent me?

Its still there John but MU is a coont sometimes.

In the meantime.. Any Bears headin to the game tomorrow, you have my permission to print and distribute these.. Preferably printed on card :)

http://oi56.tinypic.com/i1bb4n.jpg
i1bb4n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
there is a product recall on this article of clothing,

due to the fact all the words are spelt correctly.

Lets be careful out there.

Celtic's Neil Lennon admits driving through red light

The Hoops boss was fined £110 and given three penalty points on his licence after the offence last year on the way to Celtic Park. The former Celtic player failed to stop at a red light in Millerston Street,

Daniel Majstorovic, also pled guilty to driving offences The 33-year-old footballer, of Kilbarchan, was fined £90 and given three penalty points for speeding on Springburn Road,

The two men were both given 28 days to pay their fines.

Celtic coach Alan Thompson admits drink-driving

The former Celtic midfielder was driving his luxury car in Bishopbriggs when he was stopped by police.

so always remember the green cross code

Look left look right look left again and if all is clear run like feck to the other side there might be a Celtic man driving

Last edited:
THE Rangers Charity Foundation will be holding a can collection on behalf of our National Charity Partner, The Prostate Cancer Charity, at the game against St Johnstone on Sunday 27 February.

We are now looking for big-hearted Rangers fans to give up some time to help with the collection before the match.

Every supporter who volunteers will receive a free ticket to the match and will be doing their bit to support the Rangers Charity Foundation's project with The Prostate Cancer Charity to raise awareness of the condition in Scotland and fund a special helpline.

Equally, the Foundation would be delighted to hear from fans willing to volunteer who already have a ticket for the match but can spare some time.

Volunteers will be joined on the day by representatives from The Prostate Cancer Charity who will be distributing information cards to supporters as they arrive at the stadium.

Connal Cochrane, Charity Foundation Manager, said: "We are looking for anyone over the age of 16 to help us.

"All volunteers will spend around two hours before kick off collecting in support of the Foundation's charity work with The Prostate Cancer Charity.

"The fans have always been very generous with the Foundation and I am sure they'll see us proud again."

0,,5~9423342,00.jpg

click here for more details

Naismith sidelined for Sporting trip

The Rangers forward is almost certainly out of his team's Europa League game with Sporting in midweek, as he battles a recurring hamstring injury.

Steven Naismith faces a spell out of action for Rangers as he tries to recover from a niggling hamstring injury. The forward was forced off at the break in his team’s 3-0 loss to Celtic on Sunday, having sat out the Europa League clash with Sporting Lisbon because of the same problem.

Naismith has been a key figure in Walter Smith’s side this campaign, scoring 10 goals in 32 appearances. But he struggled to get into Sunday’s match, with Kyle Lafferty stripped and ready to take his place shortly before the whistle blew for half-time.

Rangers’ official website cites the 24-year-old’s injury occurred when he was in a car crash over Christmas. Having missed games against Celtic, Hamilton and Inverness as a consequence, before sitting out the Sporting match, manager Walter Smith says the time has come to give the Scotland international a longer recovery period.

“Steven's problem has been a difficult one for everyone at the club to treat and diagnose,” Smith told the club’s website. “There are times when he starts to feel better and it seems he is able to play but then it flares up again.

“Obviously we'll have to give him enough time this time to make sure he fully recovers from the problem. I would say it is more than likely he will miss the trip to Portugal now and that's a setback with us.

“Without having spoken to the doctor or the physios about it, I'd imagine he will have to take a fair amount of time out before he can come back.

“That could be a few weeks, although we'd hope it won't be nearly as long as that. We need to let the injury disappear.”

Rangers are in the midst of a busy schedule, taking on Sporting Lisbon in the return leg of their Europa League last 32 match on Thursday, before hosting St Johnstone in the SPL on Sunday.

After those two games, Celtic again lie in wait in a Scottish Cup replay on March 2. Naismith is suspended for that match, having been sent off for a second bookable offence in the original tie on February 6.

Walter Smith’s Euro battle cry after derby day hiding

Rangers manager Walter Smith today urged his players to pick themselves up this week as they bid to extend their Europa League campaign.

The Ibrox club’s championship hopes suffered a huge blow yesterday when they went down 3-0 to Old Firm rivals Celtic at Parkhead.

Smith, however, will order his players to put their domestic woes to the back of their mind as they prepare to travel to Portugal to take on Sporting Lisbon on Thursday night.

Rangers conceded a late goal in the 1-1 first-leg draw at Ibrox last week – which means they will need to score in Lisbon to have any chance of progressing in the competition to take on either Lille or PSV Eindhoven.

Without the services of striker Nikica Jelavic, who is cup-tied for Europe, Smith will now also be without Steven Naismith.

The Rangers boss said: “We’ve got a European game to prepare for and we’ve got to focus on that now.

“Unfortunately, there will be a couple of changes forced upon us and we’ll have to deal with that as best we can."

“It’s well-known we have a small squad, and when we are missing a few players it makes life difficult.”

Smith, however, knows a dramatic improvement will be required following the inept display his team offered up yesterday as they came off second best at Parkhead.

He said: “Celtic deserved to win the game, I don’t think we can have any complaints."

“Our possession and defending was poor. It was as disappointing an Old Firm game since I’ve been back."

“We had a 10-minute spell just after half-time where we looked a bit brighter than we had at other stages of the game, but a 10-minute spell in a 90-minute game at Celtic Park is not enough and we didn’t do enough to deserve anything."

“The pressure is now on us to try and get a level of consistency in our game to make sure that when the next Old Firm game comes round, we’re in better shape."

“I’ve said all along this season that Rangers will need a bit of luck in terms of injury and suspension to handle the problems and that’s still the case. Hopefully we can get that."

“Obviously losing Lee McCulloch and Nikica Jelavic for periods of time over the season is going to be a problem, but we’ve got to be good enough to handle that and we weren’t yesterday.”

Source: Evening Times

Smith calls for consistency

Walter Smith has urged Rangers to rediscover the consistent form they produced during the first half of the season.

The Gers endured their second Old Firm derby defeat this year on Sunday, suffering an emphatic 3-0 loss at the hands of Celtic at Parkhead.

Smith's men started 2011 two points clear of their rivals in the Scottish Premier League, with a one-game advantage.

However, three defeats in just over six weeks have left them eight points adrift of the Hoops, although now with two games in hand.

Smith told Blues News: "The pressure is on us now to maintain the consistency we had in the first half of the season."

"I don't think we have been as bright since January, so therefore we have to look to get that back and continue to get wins."

"And then once it comes to the last Old Firm game of the season, which is at Ibrox, we would hope we would have a bit of an advantage if we won that one."

Key

Rangers will have to rediscover their form without a player who was key in their impressive run before New Year after Steven Naismith went off at half-time at Parkhead with the recurrence of a hamstring problem.

The club revealed the problem stemmed from a car crash Naismith was involved in as he drove to training from Ayrshire on Christmas Day.

Smith said: "It's been a difficult one to treat and diagnose. He starts to feel better and then it flares up when he plays."

Naismith is almost certain to stay at home when Rangers travel to Portugal to face Sporting Lisbon in the second leg of the UEFA Europa League on Thursday following the 1-1 draw at Ibrox last week.

"It's more than likely he will miss the trip," added Smith.

"I would think that he'll have to take a fair period of time before he can come back, just to make sure the injury does finally disappear."

Source

Yeah I know what you mean, I like ally n all that but would prefer to have someone with a track record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back