Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rac 5000

Nygie

Inactive User
5" sat nav on special at Halford for £79.99 at the mo!
Has anyone managed to get tomtom or Sygic Mobile maps running on this yet?

Possible the same procedure as the smaller RAC models?

Cheers

OK. I've taken the plunge and got one.
On plugging into the pc i have what I think to be a good thing.... never done this before.
I have access to the route of the device (i think) "\" in which there are several empty folders one of which is "Windows" which has Win CE5 installed in it, to what degree I do not know 14.1MB ?
Also there is "ResidentFlash" which has the route 66 nav software in it, whether this is the installed or installation software i'm not too sure.
There is a "Data" folder and a "MobileNAvigator" folder. The latter just has a single file in it called.... you guessed it MobileNavigator.exe @ 5.29MB
The "Data" folder has Maps and "stuff" in.

I'm going to back up all that I can see, but next i'm unsure what to do!
Install tomtom or Sygic MM from the PC.
Ideally I need access to wince on the device because I want to play music though it too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Pretty sure TT should work on it, cannae guarantee it though. I'd back up the device as you've already done then stick TT & a compatible map on a micro SD card. Probably renaming the TT folder on the card to MobileNAvigator & making the TT file MobileNAvigator.exe, using something like Fast Activator to activate the map hopefully should work. Or something like that :banana:
Good luck with it,
HH.

Hmm, a little snag already.
The installed nav software on the internal memory won't allow me to delete it, probably protected or cos it's in use.
I was hoping that there would be a special startup routing to get me into Wince but as theres only a power button and a reset pinhole, there are not many options really.
Any thoughts?
Cheers

Hmm, a little snag already.
The installed nav software on the internal memory won't allow me to delete it, probably protected or cos it's in use.
I was hoping that there would be a special startup routing to get me into Wince but as theres only a power button and a reset pinhole, there are not many options really.
Any thoughts?
Cheers

Possibly rename the folder to something else & hope the unit 'looks' on the memory card & finds the folder / .exe it's looking for?????
Worth a try
HH.

That was a wasted exercise, nothing to see inside there!
All the windows exe, dll and cpl files are protected even from copying.
The .hv files are available tho, can I edit these to get it to boot into CE?
cheers

Can't offer any more advice mate I ain't much of an expert. If nobody offers any suggestions here obviously Google might help & the site navitotal.com has been recommended on here recently.
Good luck with it,
HH.

OK, done. I never managed to get into wince myself but I managed to get the software working and maps onboard. Then i installed MioPocket 4 which is like a front end which works pretty well but allows you to get into Wince as and when.
Cheers

That's great news, Well done mate. Maybe post here what/how you did it for future reference?
HH.

OK the easiest way to get into Wince on the RAC 5000 is to use MioPocket 4 a free utility that has shed loads of features most unnecessary.
This can be found at GpsPasSion Forums - MioPocket 4.0 (Unlock for GPS devices) like I said it's free but you will need your own Nav software.

The other way to change your nav software on the RAC 5000 without this utility is to use a remote regedit tool called CeRegEditor and disable the NAv auto run in the key HKLM/SSOFTWARE/JUNTDTECH/GPSNAVI by making the key NavAuto REG_DWORD=0
This will allow you into the 3rd party GUI and in the setting you can change the nav path.
Pretty easy too and less risky than MioPocket as on some devices it has been know to brick them. I took a chance and it works, I may take it off yet, I'm still playing with it. There is also a light version!
Job Done.

Back