RAC 1100 sat nav issues

Darrenc600

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, I've just joined the site and I'm looking for some help with my sat nav.

I bought a rac (roadcom) 1100 satnav,
I've just tried to update the maps and looked at putting Europe maps on it for my trip to the nurburgring this year. The RAC route 66 website want £99 for the Europe maps, I may aswell buy a new satnav for that price.

I'm wondering if I can load tom-tom or any other maps or software on to it for free.

I seen a link from years ago, saying it was possible to do this.
Can someone please help me.

Cheers all

Can't help with your specific device, never even seen one sorry.
As for adding Tom Tom the rough rule seems to be if your device has an SD card slot it can be hacked. IF you read the stickies at the top of this section you'll get the general gist of how to do it. Source (newsgroupz, torrents or google usually work) yourself a suitable map & a compatible Tom Tom navcore.
All the info you need should be available in the stickies or from google. If you've tried your best & are struggling post back here & somebody will more than likely nudge you in the right direction.
Good luck,
HH.

cheers for the reply,
i've tried to load tom tom maps on for the past hour and no luck.
just keeps saying that maps havnt been activated, tomtom software is there but no banana.

think i'll keep it as standard Roadcom RAC software but try get a hold of some europe maps from someone or somewhere.

thanks again

If you've got a Tom Tom navcore that is compatible with your map you're not so far away now. I haven't tried it but if you google Tom Tom FastActivate you should be able to activate your map for evaluation purposes.
Out of interest what map do you have & which version of Tom Tom?
Again good luck,
HH.

Back