R4i 3ds card Ver.4.2.0-9e

fanny shmeller

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all im a newbie to this site but not a newbie to the r4i cards
I resently bought a r4i 3ds card for my daughters 3ds downloaded the latest kennel from R4 R4i SDHC Revolution for NDSi/NDSL/NDS R4i Cards R4 Cards and all worked fine:Biggrin2: Then she updated her 3ds to the latest firmware Ver.4.2.0-9e and now it doest work.......bless her she is only 9years old and doesnt know any better.......PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME

that card supports Ver.4.2.0-9e

download/instal the latest firmware.

and update card in an older console....

Capture.JPG

Thanks for quick reply have just tryed it and poped it in a ds light when you click on the flash card all that comes up is a white blank screen with red writing MENU and a Question mark.......thanks anyway dude:Biggrin2:

Worked a treat for me. Cheers Buzzer. :)

Thanks for quick reply have just tryed it and poped it in a ds light when you click on the flash card all that comes up is a white blank screen with red writing MENU and a Question mark.......thanks anyway dude:Biggrin2:

ok, the red menu sign means that the card cannot read the firmware.
there are a few scinario's that could cause this.

1. firmware installed incorrectly.
2. wrong firmware for card.
3. faulty sd card.
4. sd card requiring formatting
5. incompatble sd card.
5. faulty r4 card or clone card.

best thing to do is eliminate all possible causes of this error and then see what you are left with.

i would recommend.

1. formatting your sd card with the panasonic formatting tool or even better using a diffrent sd card and formatting that...
panasonic sd formmatiing tool - Downloads - Digital World Forums

2. downloading the file already linked, then opening the folder and copying contents onto the root of a blank sd card.

3. attempting the upgrade in a dlsite if possible or any 3ds v3 or below or dsi 1.4.4 or below...

if you are still getting the red menu message, then you may either have a clone card or faulty card.

thanks for all your help mate but still no joy.....just tried a new sd and followed you instructions and still getting the red card sign,maybe ive got a dodgy r4i card but it was working fine untill the latest firmware update......many thanks for your help mate

ah well,
your card is probably a clone then.

there alot of dodgy cards floating around, they work well enough until you need to update the card or firmware...

Back