4.2.0-9E + v1.59b r4i-3ds?

Dan De Groot

Inactive User
Reaction score
i bought a 3ds and accidentally updated my DS before updating my (r4i-sdhc 3ds)card.

the new version of the kernel says it supports ver 4.2.0-9

i have upgraded my card via my DS lite, but i still keep getting the error "An error has occured. Press and hold the POWER button to turn the system off" .

i have tried formatting my sd card and such and doing it from scratch but still no luck.

anyone confirm the new kernel works with ver 4.2.0-9 like they say it does?

whats the web address on the card m8?

Hi!

Have you found a solution to this problem yet? I have got the same problem and I can't get it to work.
Thanks!

/Kristoffer

Hi!

Have you found a solution to this problem yet? I have got the same problem and I can't get it to work.
Thanks!

/Kristoffer

found a fix finally, they helped me out at link removed

there's a guide there on how to fix it in that post :)

Last edited by a moderator:
What was the fix? I am having the same issue and the link was removed

maybe the o/p could copy the fix he found and bring it here, that way he would be helping many more people out

download the latest kernel, open the R4i menu/flash.r4i file, replace flash.r4i file with this one: Click here

do the following:

201207030202261166.jpg

download the latest kernel, open the R4i menu/flash.r4i file, replace flash.r4i file with this one: Click here

do the following:

View attachment 67421

Didn't work for me, not quite sure of problem :/

I saw a post on another forum saying it's possible to get the latest kernel, put it onto the R4 card, put the R4 card in an older/working ds model (i.e a 3ds that hasn't been updated or a DSi/Lite) then update the card through the R4's DS interface.

Unfortunately I don't have another DS, so maybe someone could test it out and see if it works. Might be worth borrowing a friend's DS.

3DS -4.2.0-9

R4i 3DS -R4I-SDHC.

it wont work, the cards have been blocked by the ninty update.

you will need to download the update from official site and update through an older console...

Rather than start a new thread, I added my plea for help in here...

I'm pretty much a complete thick when it comes to this. My young fella updated his 3ds before the card.....

So the card is R4i3DS from R4 R4i SDHC Revolution for NDSi/NDSL/NDS R4i Cards R4 Cards, and it says on their site that the latest firmware (v1.59) is OK for his 3ds firmware (4.2.0-9E). I also have older dslites here and "ordinary" R4 cards for them which are working fine.

Can I check out exactly what I should do?

Download, unzip and transfer the firmware files to the freshly formatted SD micro card (formatted using the panasonic SW)
Stick the SDmicro card in the R4i3DS card and insert that in a DSlite?

When I do that, I get the start screen with pictochat etc and "there is no DS card inserted" message.

What am I doing wrong?

TIA

that is exactly how you do it.

only thing i can think of is maybe a contact problem with your dslite and the flashcard.

try holding the card dwon see if it reads it.

also do normally game catridges work ok in the dslite?

Buzzer - many thanks.

DSlite works AOK with ordinary R4 cards and genuine game carts, and 3DS works fine with genuine games - maybe it is an issue with the R4i3DS card then. I actually have 4 different DSlites here and none of them will read the R4i3DS card.

If I insert the R4i3DS card without an SDmicro card, I get an icon for a game (can't remember the name), of course when you select it, you get a white screen. If I insert the R4i3DS card with the SDmicro and v1.59 firmware then it says "no card inserted".

Last thing would be to try the R4i3DS card in a non-updated 3DS.

Cheers and thanks for the help and advice.....

i think you may have a clone card.

put the older firmware on the 3ds card and see if it boots in dslite

OK will do. I'm away for a little while so it might be a while before I do the test....

Thanks again for your help....

Card won't work with older firmware on DSlite either. SD works OK in another R4 card, so it seems the R43DS card is knackered.......

Never would have figured it all out without your help and guidance, many thanks indeed.

Back