R4DS not working

Try cleaning the contacts in the slot-1. A small lolly stick type wooden nail file can slip into where the cart contacts would go, making it easy to give a gentle file to get rid of any crud that might of built up on the contacts inside.

Ive cleaned up the contacts and found that one off the contacts are bent and tried to fix it and now getting the loading screen up - is this firmare issue or down to the contact

Orginal games work fine because they have got teeth and the r4ds has not got any

Might have to modify a orignal game and put the r4ds inside it

try a bit of thin cardboard in along with the r4ds to help push the contacts into the ds slot might work, shite fakes useless :/

I have just got an R4 from deal extreme - always used m3real but this just keeps giving me a black loading screen - tried all sorts of combinations with firmware - supposed to be easiest - pile of crap if u ask me m3real pi**es all over them

lol we have been saying for this past month+, why did you buy it?

you may be lucky and it will work for aslong as you use it, some do some dont, i am not trying to say i told you so in a bad way but check at most of the recent problems with R4DS cartridges even on this forum alone

you may be lucky and it will work for aslong as you use it, some do some dont, i am not trying to say i told you so in a bad way but check at most of the recent problems with R4DS cartridges even on this forum alone

No prob m8 but i have used deal extreme for a while now and they seem to be quite reputable and again how do you know what ur getting. The post showing an r4 with disc and usb card reader is not what i got - i got just r4 card - but i do wonder why so cheap though - this is 1 i got from deal extreme.

u dont get the discs in them usually no more as they dont pass customs very well, thats a fake card

How long are these deemed to last then?

If you get a year out of it @ £6 that looks pretty good value to me. If it ain't constantly being removed / re-inserted & the games on the memory card seldomly changed (so that it ain't constantly being removed / re-inserted) why shouldn't it last even longer? If it's decent build quality you should hopefully get even longer from it.
Plexo's made it quite clear he doesn't think 'fake' R4's are any good but if it's working & you treat it well you've got a bargain for 6 quid IMHO.
HH.

If you get a year out of it @ £6 that looks pretty good value to me. If it ain't constantly being removed / re-inserted & the games on the memory card seldomly changed (so that it ain't constantly being removed / re-inserted) why shouldn't it last even longer? If it's decent build quality you should hopefully get even longer from it.
Plexo's made it quite clear he doesn't think 'fake' R4's are any good but if it's working & you treat it well you've got a bargain for 6 quid IMHO.
HH.

look at it from my point of view when you sell 50+ of them and half of them start coming back

some of them work fine and you will get a good amount of time out of them but others stop working after a week/month or just dont work at all

Back