- PASS
* SneMulDS 0.6
- PASS
* Warcraft: Tower Defense
- PASS
* Win2DS Fusion
- PASS

Saving

The EDGE cart uses the 512k save for all games. The saves are identical to (and compatible with) the saving system that the R4, DSTT, and any other flashcarts that use forced 512k saving.

Additional Features

Auto-DLDI Patching
Works fine. See "Homebrew Support" under the "Performance" section of this review.

Boot to slot-2 (PassMe mode)
Works fine. This will allow you to boot any slot-2 flashcart in DS mode. Not compatible with commercial GBA carts.

Language Support
English, Indonesian, Tagalog, Chinese, and Korean are all supported by the EDGE, and can be cycled through from the settings menu. I can only read English, but it appears that all 5 languages are integrated into every menu. Game names and cheats will be displayed in the language they were transferred over.

Soft Reset
Works with 20/20 games tested. Press A+B+X+Y+L+R to go back to the game list.

Skinning
Probably the biggest disappointment when testing the EDGE. While skinning support is listed as a feature, it doesn't work. Instructions are even listed in the online menu! Supposedly, the EDGE is compatible with all CycloDS skins. Placing them in the correct folders does nothing, and tapping the "Skins" option in the settings menu does nothing. I hope this gets fixed in a future software revision.

Cheat Support
Once enabled from the settings menu, a dialogue will pop-up every time you load a game that has cheats available in the database. Yes, every time. There is currently no way to disable this (aside from turning off cheats altogether), although it is only mildly annoying. Selecting "Yes" will bring you to the cheat menu, which is similiar to those found in other carts. Button support works fine, but I find that you are unable to scroll the cheat list with the stylus without activating/deactivating the cheats scrolled over. While it does remember which cheats you have selected from the last time, once again you must go through this menu every time you load the game with cheats.

User posted image User posted image

Conclusion

I'll keep this short and sweet. The EDGE team appeared virtually out of nowhere. People were skeptical. It looked like a CycloDS clone (and is to a point). In the end, it is a great little cart with a fantastic GUI. Cheap, ROM compatibility is perfect, download play, cheat support, MicroSDHC support. A few things hold it back, such as the currently broken skinning, and a few annoying flaws in the menus. Quality control will be something to watch and only time will tell if my 'MicroSD fitting flush' issue is widespread. Overall, I think I would recommend this as the best in the sub-30USD price range.

Pros
+ Cheap
+ MicroSDHC compatible
+ 100% ROM compatibility
+ 100% Download Play compatibility
+ Soft Reset works 100%
+ Auto-DLDI patching
+ PassMe functionality
+ Sturdy build
+ Cheat system works great
+ Very fast and responsive menus
+ Different menu view options
+ 5 languages supported

Cons
- MicroSD may not fit flush on some units
- Skinning doesn't work
- Default skin is UGLY
- Can't disable "Do you want to enable cheats?" prompt while cheats are enabled
- Stylus doesn't work correctly in cheat selection menu
- No software CD
gooner71 -

I (well the kids) have an R4DS and a TTDS and they are both equally easy to use!! The menu systems are both straightforward!!

The R4DS comes with a better usb adapter for the card though - the one with the TTDS is a bit fiddly and lightweight!!

Obviously the TTDS can handle higher memory micro SD cards but I think for most people this doesnt really matter as you can only play one game at a time and its easy to change them!!

The TTDS also seems to be in stock whereas the R4DS is on back order everywhere!!

Overall I would say grab whatever is available and it will serve you well - at just about the same cost as one retail game you cant go wrong! with either!!
digidude -

ive been waiting a few weeks for TTDS and EDGE cards, everything is out of stock everywhere, unless you want to pay daft money in postage fees for one (or more)
madnlooney -

im waiting on TTDS and also Ninjapass X9TF.

The R4DS are really good and simple to set up. ill give feedback on otheres when they arrive
marty -

I bought a few of these and it's really easy to drag and drop games onto them..Comes with Micro Sd adapter and also USB adapter and 1Gb Kingston memory card.
14yr old daughter has no problems using the card at all.
phil1974 -

I brought my niece one of these at the weekend after telling her she will not have to save her pocket money up for games any more the stupid thing dont work she is gutted to say the least and i feel the same for getting her hopes up.
First off i got a faint screen(the normal safety screen very faint on the bottom screen nothing on the top) and after reading up on the cards and a tut by Jace i flexed the card, and now the screen is not faint but still the safety screen,going to try and get my money back at the weekend but not holding out much hope as it was brought from a market/boot sale.
R4 next try i think.
kimhthwy1958 -

i bought a r4 card and 2gb memory cards for my daughter at weekend for £34
at my local computer fair. very easy and simple to use. even she can do it herself.
msidgwick -

micro direct has the ttds cards in stock mate as just got 2 from my local store in manchester
foxybabe -

is the ds tt new
foxybabe -

is the ds tt new and gud and can you get 95 gig out ov the nds tt cards

Add Reply: