question about getting it plum

Managed too get the dish too move about but sadly didnt pick up anything on any sats, either as before said its too low or I gotta set the dish to point higher upwards.

When the dish moves too to Astra 28e it doesnt look like its pointing in the same direction as the other sky dishes though...

Am gonna use the sat finder tool tommorow see if I get lucky :)

do you have compase mate make sure the motor is set at 0 or x then look at the compass and point the dish exactly south.

make sure the motor is on the pole good and tight

then with either with the sat finder or on your box (set on thor 0.8w) very gently not alot push the dish (only the dish) if the sat finder goes up then you need to set the dish a little higher if not pull it down and so on you may need to play about but aslong as your motor is set correctly and is facing south then the rest is left up to your dish

Im getting there I did actually move the dish towards where the other sky dishes are pointed and picked up 28 astra perfect and viewed all the channels perfectly.

I then went too save it under the technomates moterised setting menu but noticed there is no save option lol, so I clicked ok hoping it would save and not really it moved the dish towards west and all was lost !

Im re-doing the steps and gonna try for thor, but looking at digidudes guide and another im getting conflict answers some suggest moving the entire moter/dish too get too thor 1w and some advise like above too just move dish. I have no compas also but think its set too 0 ?

I also thought let me reset the box back to factory settings.... big mistake ive now lost my lovely list of all channels I had before from the previous owner, so ive reflashed it with the magic patch+softcam patch... gonna keep trying lol

Last edited:
if moving left and right it will be the motor u will move otherwise the dish wouldnt be centre of the motor

You cannot use the diseqc pos button on remote or menu and save if using usals.
Enter long/lat again, send the dish to 1 west, then physically move the dish and motor to 1 west.
Use www.dishpointer for directions for where dish should point.
Set up on BBC World 1 west.
Once you have that all will be ok.
Motor should be set at 0.

I think 1 west maybe blocked but ill retry, im still pondering do I leave the moter tight and exactly facing straight facing the L pole ? And then just move the dish itself to 1w ?

I think 1 west maybe blocked but ill retry, im still pondering do I leave the moter tight and exactly facing straight facing the L pole ? And then just move the dish itself to 1w ?

No dish and motor together,the other poster was commenting on the fact you said you might be too low,hence he meant move the dish only up or down.

I tried pointing the dish around 1w but no joy but oddly I then tried a sat finder tool and it found something definatly around there since the beep went up higher.... there must be a satelite there cos if i stand in front of the dish and block the signal the beep goes lower. flicking thru the list on satelite setup doesnt show any yellow/blue bars sadly, wonder what sat it is.

I will keep playing around, im moving the dish and moter together.

yeah ive got dishpointer always on, im still pointing towards that way and moving up and down and left and right seems to get a strong beep from the signal finder but alas still red bars showing on the screen when its on 1.0w thor 2/3.
Scrolling thru the other sats shows nothing oddly.

Think I need to go back to basics and check the guides and or try astra 28.

Im thinking how useful would it be too have a wireless pocket tv :)

The signal finder is however finding 3-4 beeps simply from moving left too right....

yeah ive got dishpointer always on, im still pointing towards that way and moving up and down and left and right seems to get a strong beep from the signal finder but alas still red bars showing on the screen when its on 1.0w thor 2/3.
Scrolling thru the other sats shows nothing oddly.

The signal finder is however finding 3-4 beeps simply from moving left too right....

Or a mobile phone with internet capabilities ie. i-phone. You can get a dishpointer app and then get to webinterface and check signal levels. Good for 20 ft up a ladder

no iphone only blackberry lol.... may ask a m8 with it too pop down but thats over the weekend.

And theres no way I can perhaps retry and get Astra 28 sat at least? and then resume the moterised setup from that point ?

no iphone only blackberry lol.... may ask a m8 with it too pop down but thats over the weekend.

And theres no way I can perhaps retry and get Astra 28 sat at least? and then resume the moterised setup from that point ?

I had a few problems with my set up and i would advise you to go out now and fix the dish on 28.2 go in for the night and enjoy tv, tomorrow i would go back out and try picking up thor again, im sure you will get there because you have received channels on 28.2 so all the equipment is working.

Either get someone to watch the tv while you move the dish/motor or else get an extension lead and bring a portable tv and your receiver to you,

Having said that I had to start on 28.2E as I couldnt get anything on Thor either,just make sure you send the dish there through the receiver first before adjusting it.

May try that out but after 4hrs of messing about in the cold lol gonna give up for today :)

One thing I still dont get is for instance now ive got it sitting on 19.2 E astra 1 with blue/yellow bars showing, I cant save this into the technomate or moter?

If I click goto>ok it just moves the dish somewhere else and its lost again..... id have too keep pressing west or east button 100 times too get back to it or physicly move it too that point.

Im just wondering if i do ever get to thor1 how does it save itself..

edit retried got someone in the room too check if the bars change colour of quality level shoots up but no joy I think the houses which are quite far off are blocking it. Is it at all possible to not just get 28/19/13 ive seen blue/yellow bars solid on those before at one point lol

Last edited:
You need to be twice as far away as height if you get me?

Yeah more then far away the only thing that can be blocking it is a house but thats like 10 houses down mine....

Im gonna retry again tommorow, is there any main reason why everyones suggesting only thor 1w as the main pick up point ? I mean why not astra 28 since its common and easy to get too ?

Just had a quick check too see if my L poles assigned its perfect on left and right and but the side pointing directly too the wall its slightly out ! I think the weight of it all has moved it out a bit would that make a big difference?

Last edited:
Yeah more then far away the only thing that can be blocking it is a house but thats like 10 houses down mine....

Im gonna retry again tommorow, is there any main reason why everyones suggesting only thor 1w as the main pick up point ? I mean why not astra 28 since its common and easy to get too ?

It sounds like you have your elevation angle wrong m8
As per the guides you generaly get 1 west set and if your elevation and declanation is set correct the the other sats will pick up without problem. If either angle is out (or if the mount is not true vertical) then the dish will not follow the correct arc when motored.

Back