Solo2 clone upgrade question - Please help

Mr S

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys

Firstly, let me state that I have been reading numerous thread but I just need confirmation / correction here to make sure I have understood everything.

1) I have a 'Lonrisun' Solo2 Clone with Blackhole 2.0.7 working fully.
2) But I do not know if this is a 'v1, v2, v3' clone, how would I identify that?
3) If I want to upgrade to the latest clone safe Blackhole image, the latest one I can upgrade to is 'Blackhole 2.0.9.1' right? (link below)

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/download-vu-clone-images-653/395488-download-vu-solo2-blackhole.html

4) [There is a Clone safe image for Blackhole 2.1.0 however this is for the 'Sim2 Sunray Solo2 from what I understand. As my Solo2 is 'Lonrisun' I cannot upgrade to this image- Is that correct?]

5) Before I upgrade to the latest clone safe blackhole image 2.0.9.1 do I need to do the 'FPGA' upgrade? (link below)

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/vu-solo2-receivers-633/391241-upgrading-vu-solo2-clone.html

6) I have ready AJTs post (link below) who mentions that you need to load the latest firmware, and if box displays 'H.W error' then perform 'FPGA upgrade (listed on point 5 above). However, if I load the latest image without performing 'FPGA' upgrade wont this load the latest drivers and brick the box?

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/vu-solo2-receivers-633/394013-important-please-read-first.html

7) Finally going forwards, which clone is it advisable to buy if I was to buy others for a friend. E.g. 'Lonrisun' Solo2 Clone or 'Sunray' Solo2 Clone. Which one has the best support and which one is the least 'brickable'? (Not sure if either have a JTAG port for recovery?)

Really appreciate the help, there are so many threads and I do not want to brick the box and end up sending back to China for the 'chip' to re re soldered but would like to stay on the most current image that I can.

How long have you had the box.?
Do not use any Sunray images.
Best advice I can give is look on the vu-HD site for all safe images for your box.
Try a flash if it don't take then you will need to do the 2 upgrades in order to use newer clone images.

How long have you had the box.?
Do not use any Sunray images.
Best advice I can give is look on the vu-HD site for all safe images for your box.
Try a flash if it don't take then you will need to do the 2 upgrades in order to use newer clone images.

For a good basic box with plenty of support try a cloud ibox 2 plus or a 3 basic but do a good job.its hard to give you recommendations not knowing what you like and what it is wanted for.

Had the box since October 2013 (roughly).
I'm strictly after Solo2 clones as the channel changes are rapid due to the processor inside.

Reason you said not to use 'Sunray' images is because my Solo2 is 'Lonrisun' right?

Had the box since October 2013 (roughly).
I'm strictly after Solo2 clones as the channel changes are rapid due to the processor inside.

Reason you said not to use 'Sunray' images is because my Solo2 is 'Lonrisun' right?

It's not a Sunray clone so don't use Sunday images..
Being as you already have a solo2 clone and you only want a vu clone try the solo2 mini/se...same specs as yours but with no display slightly cheaper at around £90

what's the problem??

its my clone VuSolo2 clone v3. using downloaded open pli image from Vu-hd . I update it often but i dont know does it update the whole image or just only extensions . can u kindly check it in this info . does it has the new kernal or still it has the same old .if its the same then which command has been used to save to the box from driver update to kernal update .
thanks for ur kind help

its my clone VuSolo2 clone v3. using downloaded open pli image from Vu-hd . I update it often but i dont know does it update the whole image or just only extensions . can u kindly check it in this info . does it has the new kernal or still it has the same old .if its the same then which command has been used to save to the box from driver update to kernal update .
thanks for ur kind help

I think that is a question you need to address to them
but looking at it the kernel is old if it was new one the box will brick.So i guess if your updating on-line it will only do the plugins etc there must be a block on the drivers as you know new drivers and kernel will brick receiver and new kernel needs a reflash of image as it can not update.

Back