quad lnb or single

joseph1972

Inactive User
Reaction score
just had a chat wi a geezer who says that the quad lnb could be in an adverse way causing my glitiching and advised me to change to a single i have a fixed dish set up and just 1 feed from it!

glitching wont be caused by the quad lnb but if you couldnt recieve some channels then might be caused by lnb

The Quad should not make any differance. It sounds like you need to check the dish to see if it needs reseting.

The glitching and freeze will not be due to a quad lnb things you should check are dish allignment, loose connectors on the cable going to the lnb and to your stb and also when your stb is failing. If you can check signal quality and strength, remember also with a single lnb
you would lose the choice of having a twin tuner lnb (watch one channel while recording another).

Hello.
How are you checking the signal stength. With a meter or the Box. If it is by meter your dish may need tweeking. If you are using the built in meter on the box it could be either causing the fault. What Box do you have.

manic is there a quick fire way to boost the signal im running a genuine openbox s9 im gauging signal strength via the pop up box on screen when i press info button?

That much variations suggests it is not your dish unless there are adverse weather condition in your area.
Look at the cable from your dish to your stb make sure it is not frayed also check the f connectors make sure they are correctly fitted, the ones on the lnb make sure water is not getting in.
If these seem o.k try moving the cable from one lnb output to another that is free.

can u access the dish get someone to watch the box on a weak channel go up ya ladder and turn ya lnb manually to the right about an inch if the signal goes up carry on til you find a peak if the signal goes down go left til it peaks this is a skew it worked a treat for me

Brin

Last edited:
Its not a dish alignment or LNB/skew problem all quads are factory set to '3' and should never need altering unless in exceptional circumstances, this is an Openbox problem assuming OP has S9/10 it is well documented all over

See Here for starters: https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/282068/

Last edited by a moderator:
The only way to set up your dish is to use a signal meter. A phone App will only tell you the general direction the dish need pointing.

all this was done on istallation i am going to try a do a factory reset load image again and see if it helps if not ill be trying a new box anyone recomend an easy to use box for under 80 quid?

Its not a dish alignment or LNB/skew problem all quads are factory set to '3' and should never need altering unless in exceptional circumstances, this is an Openbox problem assuming OP has S9/10 it is well documented all over

See Here for starters: https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/282068/

Ahh the penny drops If it is a Sly lnb it works at lower voltage to that of other lnb's, I believe a simple solution was to put resistor in line on the cable some were selling premade option on fleabay or just change lnb to non sky lnb.

Last edited by a moderator:
By all accounts Skybox F3 is a excellent HD stb for under £50 easy to set up as well.

ive got the openbox s9 is the f3 just not the same box?
the lnb is a sky quad one only numbers i can see are jl4 on it? and the coax is in the 3rd slot from the left?
think im clutching at straws myself lol
noticed over the last couple of weeks i have to turn the box on and off as it frezzes solid ????

Last edited:
Back