Quad Core Performance PC £349.99

Ive had 2 Medions and would deffo buy another :)

This bit is strange under software

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 32 Bit

Sets new standards when it comes to user-friendliness, performance, reliability and security. In addition, the successor to Vista opens up new multimedia opportunities.

(OEM version, 64-bit recovery DVD included with the product)

I wonder why they have loaded 32 bit o/s when proc is 64 bit and they are giving you r64-bit ecovery dvd ? perhaps the bundled rubbish is not on the 64bit recovery dvd..

its a good machine, i have a Medion pc. don't get a Medion monitor, as they are no good.

Why do these offers always seem to pop up when I'm skint.

Tho I can't imagine many people having a spare £350 in early January - unless you are Munkey ofcourse.

This bit is strange under software

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 32 Bit

Sets new standards when it comes to user-friendliness, performance, reliability and security. In addition, the successor to Vista opens up new multimedia opportunities.

(OEM version, 64-bit recovery DVD included with the product)

I wonder why they have loaded 32 bit o/s when proc is 64 bit and they are giving you r64-bit ecovery dvd ? perhaps the bundled rubbish is not on the 64bit recovery dvd..

Very strange....thought it had to be 64 bit for 4gb of RAM:confused:

Looks a decent PC for the price. Don't know much about the graphics card yet, but it does look good for the price mate.

Had a medion for 3 years and it has been a very good machine. If I had the mulla I would snap this up like a drunk on a kebab.

These are made in Germany so that's why I account them being so good. The GPU went in mine after just under 3 years but the warrenty covered it and it didn't cost me a peny to get it replaced.

PC deals don't come much better than the Aldi Medion 3 year warrenty ones.

It's a good spec for the price with 3 year warranty. But not all medion machines are good, I had a P4 in for repair recently, terrible design, microATX with insufficient cooling overheated and killed the motherboard....very poor design. This particular one though was an Advent rebranded Medion sold by PC World so no year warranty.

- Socket 775 is virtually dead, so forget about upgrade paths to better CPU.
- DDR2 is OK, but for a high spec PC DDR 3 is probably better.

But again, you cant beat it for the price...parts alone for a self build will cost you more than 350 without Windows 7 , keyboard, mouse etc..

But you can build a decent DDR3 AMD Phenom2 or Athlon2 64 with Tri-Core CPU 4gb DDR3, better case and CPU, 1Tb Hard Disk for about 80 quid more...

I say this isnt that good a spec you want i7 cpu and 8gb ddr3 ram and a geforece 295 graphics card this stuff is old if you want to play games is very entry level this pc but for 349 pounds i poss isnt bad if you want a cheap pc and dont plan to play many games.

fecking aldi's went early this morning 3rd in queue stood in sub zero temperatures for about half an hour, ended up with about 12 more behind me,
doors open one smart arse tries to jump queue so gave him what for, get to cash desk wait another 5 minutes till girl sorts out her till, then she says they only have 2 in stock.

but if we want to give her our names and address she will see what she can do if they get any stock from other stores.

that's when the red mists started to gather I asked to see whoever was in charge of this cowboy outfit. surprise surprise a young guy who looks like he was on work experience apears and I ask what is the fwcking score with the mob he is working for 2 computers only in stock, people risking life and limb and they only have 2 in stock. twice I nearly fell on slippy ground nearly got hypothermia waiting outside the shop when someone could have came out and told us or put a sign on the door saying their was only 2.

he tries to apologise but I told him to stuff it and then left him to the angry mob that was behind me.
bigsmilie106.gif

I say this isnt that good a spec you want i7 cpu and 8gb ddr3 ram and a geforece 295 graphics card this stuff is old

eh? if you have twice the money to spend AND getting the parts and putting them together yourself. plus, it's not old.

ready built, really good spec, with 3 year warrenty and windows 7 for the everyday person on the street - great price and medion has a a good rep.

fecking aldi's went early this morning 3rd in queue stood in sub zero temperatures for about half an hour, ended up with about 12 more behind me,
doors open one smart arse tries to jump queue so gave him what for, get to cash desk wait another 5 minutes till girl sorts out her till, then she says they only have 2 in stock.

but if we want to give her our names and address she will see what she can do if they get any stock from other stores.

that's when the red mists started to gather I asked to see whoever was in charge of this cowboy outfit. surprise surprise a young guy who looks like he was on work experience apears and I ask what is the fwcking score with the mob he is working for 2 computers only in stock, people risking life and limb and they only have 2 in stock. twice I nearly fell on slippy ground nearly got hypothermia waiting outside the shop when someone could have came out and told us or put a sign on the door saying their was only 2.

he tries to apologise but I told him to stuff it and then left him to the angry mob that was behind me.
bigsmilie106.gif

That is pathetic mate. With our Aldi they come out and do a head count, ask what people are after and then give people tickets. I would make a written complaint and tell them what I just told you about other stores coming out and doing counts/handing tickets out to the queue 5-10 mins before they open. Don't bite your nose off though if you want one!!

Very strange....thought it had to be 64 bit for 4gb of RAM:confused:

It does if you want to use the full 4gb.

This machine imho is good for a pre-built system and 3 year warranty is a major plus.

I personally haven't bought a pre-built pc for 20 years and have built in the region of at least 20 in that space of time for myself friends and family. You always get the exact spec you want and can maximise your potential to upgrade. This is where this sytem falls down. Intel are about to bring in a whole host of core i3,i5 and i7 cpu's and core2 will become obsolete.

Back