Q5 stuck in standby

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
A friends Q5 is stuck in standby, I changed the cap at the back of the psu and the psu main 40v one and reworked a couple of things but no joy.

Is there anything I can do or bin it ?. I hate throwing things away especially when there's 1/2 a chance it could be a simple 10p fix

He said the picture was scrambling bad so I took a look and thought it was his line in but it did it at mine.
I replaced the cap above for the "BooT" fix after that it went from a scrambled picture to the red and green light coming on and going off about every 3-4 seconds like in a phase.
I changed the psu large cap but the same. Then I reworked a few things but now it's just stuck in standby.
I've emailed a couple of chinese people who usually help but they've not got back to me.

They got back to me and sent me this;-
V1.V2.V3.V4.GIF

And said;-

Sorry to reply you late.
The engineer advise you check the attached pic v1,v2,v3,v4 Voltage is normal or not.
And careful the attached pic "PCB1" red section.

I check them with a capacitor meter and they all read 1.6-1.68 which I take is good.
After that my electronic skills go clean out the window I'm fine with small rework & basic soldering. The box is now basically stuck in standby.
Any help would be great or pm me if you can fix it for me

Attachments

• PCB1.jpg
    PCB1.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back