q-box by duolabs

delboy13

Inactive User
Reaction score
duolabs are releasing a reciever with their cam already in it. it is called q-box one
features
. Linux OS - Kernel 2.6.17
. 250 MHz PowerPC processor
. 2 status LED
. Personal Video Recording (PVR) via External USB Device
. Plug&Play Tuners (DVB-S, DVB-C DVB-T)
. 2 x smartcard reader (DuoCrypt)
. V.24 RS232 serial port
. 10/100 Mbit compatible ethernet
. 2 X Scart
. Video Audio Cinch out
. S/PDIF for digital bit stream out
. Support for internal HD (2,5”) in any capacity
. Channel change time <1 second
. Supports EPG (electronic program guide)
. Supports multiple LNB switching control(DiSEqC)
. Fully adaptable OSD in many languages

HOT FEATURES

. PVR via USB 2.0 with 2 USB Ports (front and rear)
. Wi-Fi connection 802.11b/g (*)
. Dual Tuner (*)

friend had one of these as a sample also know one of the guys that was asked to work on apps for it but not sure if it came of as duolabs can be funny to work with from what has been said also think there is a hd one going to be done as well

I think that declaring a receiver as 'Linux OS' can be misleading, but its being used more with modern receivers :(. Will it be Open Source Linux firmware as used with Dreambox, tm9100, Eagle, triple dragon, dbox, Relook, etc. A few manufacturers are using this method to describe their firmware/hardware that is closed source and not free to develope, so they release patches if and when they choose like the technomate firmwares. They do not work with linux plugins such as cccam, mgcamd, newcs, etc or vlc and other plugins.
Maybe we will have to see, but it may be 'closed source' firmware and not suited for discussion in this room but more for the standard European sat room, if that makes sense? Manufacturers arent going to change their descriptions so maybe we need to change the name of this room or create a new word/phrase to replace 'linux', or maybe i'm off track and this will be 'open source linux' for public development?

Last edited:
think its going to run with a diablo so this would look like closed source only way i can see duolabs making any real money rick at his work again

so if it is closed source only duolabs will make images for box is it.

well know one knows for sure as duolabs can be funny in what they let you know at the min not much is being said so we will have to wait and see ill ask my m8 when he's back on line

Is it possible to only have signed code on linux?

Back