Putting Freestyle on my jtag! need a refresher course! jtag xbox 360

16GB is the maximum you can have for an external drive that acts like a m$ hdd, which you can put DLC and profiles on.

If you already have an internal one then just format the external as FAT32, so you can use the internal one for DLC, and the external for everything else, that's what I do.

16GB is the maximum you can have for an external drive that acts like a m$ hdd, which you can put DLC and profiles on.

If you already have an internal one then just format the external as FAT32, so you can use the internal one for DLC, and the external for everything else, that's what I do.

Cheers Fin

Right,I've managed to install Xexmenu on to the HDD but having difficulty installing the free style dash?I've created two folders on the root of the HDD,Dashlaunch and Freestyle.I've put dashlaunch v2.28 in 'Dashlaunch' and I've put FSD 2.2(un zipped) in the other.I click on the 'installer' but it's not installing it?
Do I need to unzip FSD 2.2(or FSD 2.1) and then send all the contents to the 'Freestyle' folder?

you run installer from xex menu mate not from the computer?

and yeah you need to unzip the contents of the rar files to the folders on the HDD. xbox 360. You will also need the ini file on the root of the HDD for installer, dash launch to pick it up. post number #30 mate. tells you about the ini file.

here

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
you run installer from xex menu mate not from the computer?

and yeah you need to unzip the contents of the rar files to the folders on the HDD. xbox 360. You will also need the ini file on the root of the HDD for installer, dash launch to pick it up.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah I ran it from the xex menu :proud:

Arh,the ini file,That's were I've being going wrong.Do I alter the sample ini file with the one someone posted earlier?sorry for the noob questions

Can someone post up the settings,either A or B,looking at the vid I wouldn't know which ones to choose,lol

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem that's what were here for!

When you go through the settings they pretty much explain them selves, for example, do you want console to stop on error? I have no, I'd prefer it not to, pretty much just go through it and then each question covers it's self, make sure you block the DNS attempt to live, it will ask you, "do you want to block connection to live blah blah" well of course you'd say "yes" to that one.

jtag1.jpg

This is my launch.ini file if it helps you mate.

[QuickLaunchButtons]
BUT_X = Hdd:\Content\0000000000000000\C0DE9999\00080000\C0DE99990F586558
Default = HDD:\Freestyle\default.xex

[Settings]
nxemini = true
pingpatch = true
contpatch = true
regionspoof = true
dvdexitdash = true
xblaexitdash = true
debugout = false
livestrong = true
remotenxe = true

Attachments

• launch.rar
    298 bytes · Views: 2
Cheers Dibbers,which dash have you installed if you don't mind me asking,2.1 or 2.2?

I'm happy with the old one.

When the new one come out if you have "updates" enabled then it will ask you if you want to update, I had a few quaky moments on the new one but after a few patches it's fine according to other people.

I'm just happy on the old one for now, waiting for the new one that's coming out. (completely new dash)

And just for the benefit of the tape.

here's what my two folders look like.

Then that should really be every thing covered in this thread......

have fun and do what I do, don't play any thing and just mess on trying to break it! ha, that's a joke!

Good luck.

freestyle

freestylefolder.jpg

dashlaunch

dashlaunch1.jpg

Many thanks for your help Dibbers,much appreciated :Cheers:

Here's a tut i found on my travels, its a few weeks out of date but still good, not my work, all credit to toxicloud on another forum.
This helped me out loads, and having all the files on one disc made life very easy the only thing i did different was to use the latest dashlaunch.

Hope it helps :Biggrin2:

View attachment Fresh JTag setup.pdf

Cheers toler8 , looks good.
Here's a tut i found on my travels, its a few weeks out of date but still good, not my work, all credit to toxicloud on another forum.
This helped me out loads, and having all the files on one disc made life very easy the only thing i did different was to use the latest dashlaunch.

Hope it helps :Biggrin2:

View attachment 63289

Success!! :proud:

Now all I need to do is copy some games over :Yikes:

Which is easier,cody dvd function or using this isotogod thingy me bobs?

I find that using iso2god makes the games load faster (maybe i'm imagining it), just a personal preference

Last edited:
Success!! :proud:

Now all I need to do is copy some games over :Yikes:

Which is easier,cody dvd function or using this isotogod thingy me bobs?
i personally use is02god has you can load 4-5 up convert then copy over

good post Toler I've updated the 1st page of this thread with a link to your post in no#70.

Good work Oily ! your now a pro FSD installer! woot! woot!

Maybe we should update the tut a little then make a new post as a sticky, would be easier to find m8 :)

yeah of course and then we can let this one sink to the bottom or use it as a cross reference should any one need it.

That be cool. then it's not 5 pages of me waffling on, all though I can attach this to a new post "on how to add freestyle and dash launch" etc. and then get it added to the stickes.

FSD has an installer disc/live/xex package now too.

Burn it to disc, put in dvd drive, run.

It'll install dashlaunch, download and install latest fsd, then run dash;aunch installer for you to configure launch.ini

Brilliant Oggy! where do we get it from, and then we can add that to the sticky. !

Back