Putting Freestyle on my jtag! need a refresher course! jtag xbox 360

Thanks for that, going to take a step back and see what's happening here...

I think the latest dash as posted by Oggy is 13604.

So I'm going to take one step at a time and try and update the dashboard 1st, then i can worry about xex menu and freestyle i guess.....it's a minefield out there ain't it? that many tuts and that..!

Don't know if I'm coming or going! lol.....

I agree Dibbers, its well confusing. I think Ive said before I would be happy to put in the work to do a proper start to finish tutorial with regards to install the coolrunner right up to install of freestyle dash. Im going to do my slim shortly just got my QSB as its easier and you get better timings or something. Im gonna start me research today and start a thread on it asap.

It's just a mine filed out there and there's loads of tuts etc. on You tube, when your searching for it there's billions of pdf files and videos etc.they all start at different phases on xex menu.

Of course i had xex menu already installed on the HDD that was attached. (so luckily i was ok with this one)

But agree we need a tut that starts from scratch like, so a Virgin jtag.

After Uni sent me a link to a site that had the new "nand" flasher on it was just so so so simple to use it fully explained what the process would be from backing up the nand to patching it and then flashing it again! and then all them other tuts and that were defunct.

It was years and that ago when i bought a "jtag" and it's been that long since i installed "Xex" menu etc to the HDD I'm still lost. (i remember that i had to create a folder with 16 zero's in it "0000000000000000" and copy CODE99? i think (don't wuote me on that one)

How ever installing the new FSD should be easy once i have the xex menu on it and i'm planning on running it from USB.

A tut would be great, and if i can help at all then let me know with the "nand" flasher etc.

I'm still sitting with an old xex menu and FSD dashboard on it, so i have a bit to learn my self.

I'm in two mind if i should wipe the HDD as you know (if you've been following this thread) how ever that will put me back to a new dash (which is cool!) with NO FSD/XEX MENU

how ever i won't have "xex" but it shouldn't be that hard now as i have my head around it (sort of) so i think to be safe I'm going to wipe it and then install XEX menu from usb and then FTP the new FSD over via usb or FTP.

Shout if you need a hand putting tut together and i'll help you.

For now when i get home i'm going to wipe the HDD and then try and downlaod a copy of xex menu, install it back to the re-formatted 300 that i have attached to the side of it and then try and put the new FSD dash on.

If i can help as i say again then just give me a shout......

Dibbs.

I just ordered the Coolrunner Nand-X stuff just need to learn how to 'sodder' now lol. I have an old e74 to practise on

I was off to get Oggy to do it (great price by the way) but it's something I need to do.

I know what you mean Dibbers its a bit of a minefield, looking forward to the tut mate.

One question, do I NEED to install the QSB boards ? Or just the Coolrunner 6 wires .

You dont NEED to install the qsb's

I think what i'll do for the benifit of the thread is stick a new HDD on it and then have a go at xex menu, and the new FSD....thanks bud.

Then for the benifit of everyone they'll be able to see the trail, from updating the nand to the new dash to updating and putting xex menu on to running a game.....cheers.

Shit.

it would help if I mentioned fsd too lol.

I then ftp fsd over....

Usb0://fsd/freestyle/

Then specify the location of the default.xex in launch.ini

Usb0://fsd/freestyle/Default.xex

this is all based on latest versions, mind.

2.26 - dashlaunch
2.01 - fsd ( I think its that revision)

And on 13604 dash

Evening chaps,

OK, just a little step closer! i can taste freedash...! (or should that be freedom!...lol)

OK attached an old sata drive via a USB docking station and have formated it in xbox 360 dashboard. (unplugged the old HDD that was attached for the purpose of this thread)

Then burned me self an iso of xex menu.

Run xex menu using the disk and it takes me into the xex menu

Then selected the dvd drive and i see a "code99999" folder so selected copy, then selected the usb and copied it over to there....

Used FTP to create a folder called Usb0://fsd/freestyle/

Copied over the contents of FSD from the PC to above folder.

created a default launch.ini and copied it over to /usb/fsd/freestyle/

[QuickLaunchButtons]
BUT_X = usb:\Content\0000000000000000\C0DE9999\00080000\C0DE99990F586558
Default = Usb:\Freestyle\FreestyleDash.xex
[Settings]
nxemini = true
pingpatch = true

I've edited the above file to usb as i haven't got an attached HDD yet.

Then if i go too my folders after running xex menu i then get

CODE99999
fsd
xbox360

So i select the fsd folder > freestyle > installer > default.xex i see

Dashlaunch v2.26(176) installer
--------------------------------
for kernal version 13604

Currently installed launch.xex:v2.26(176)

Press A to install or update dash launch
press Y to exit

Now if i select A, I get the following

****WARNING****

no launch.ini was found on any device, if you wish
to use one, you must create one and place it where
dash launch(and installer) can find it.

Checking for external patches
CB1921 found, type: Xeneon(jtag)
external patches not found, checking embedded patches

Patches don't need to be updated, already current

Flashing done, press A to shut down.

I'm guessing that it's some thing to do with me

A) not having an attached HDD
B) not having the launch.ini configured correctly.
C) xex menu not installed correctly.

I was going to fire me old C64 up and run the following code (this has nothing to do with xex menu just me jabbering on!)

10 GOTO 20
20 PRINT "NOOB"
30 RUN

lolol ^^^ (some people will get it, some won't!..lol)

Think I'll have a cuppa and a break, not wanting to put me old HDD back in it yet as have a 20 gig on the way that i can attach to the side of it and have a play.

Sorry for the long winded post but i guess it'll eventually help.
Ta.

(i've got a feeling that i can't have a USB jtag? (what i mean is run and install xex menu etc from USB) so just going to wait until my new HDD gets here then i won't over complicate things as most people will be using xex menu with an attached HDD1)

Last edited:
[QuickLaunchButtons]
BUT_X = usb:\Content\0000000000000000\C0DE9999\00080000\C0 DE99990F586558
Default = Usb:\Freestyle\FreestyleDash.xex
[Settings]
nxemini = true
pingpatch = true

Usb:\Freestyle\FreestyleDash.xex this should default .xex unless you have reamed it to freestlyledash.xex
Usb:\Freestyle\default .xex

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/273533/#post2008500

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'm once again over complicating my self and others here by trying to run xex menu from an attached USB drive, (all though in theory it should work) settings and that are all configured i guess for HDD1 and I'm trying to mess on with USB etc.

For the benefit of others (and me self) think I'm going to take a step back and wait for the 20 gig HDD to arrive and then start from scratch. (it was like that with the nand update and flashing until i took me time with it and looked at it again)

I need 1st of all to get xex menu working and then from there i can then try the FSD.

Cheers.

Thanks buddy. Could not find me T6 to take the attached HDD caddy apart for now, it's late, bed's calling....6am start tomorrow! Was just going to take the 300 gig out and plop a 40 gig sata in and then get back on the case but alas, no T6 any where to be seen! (for now i'd like to preserve what's on there until i fully understand the process then i'll be able to help with a tut and also it'll help others, most people won't be trying to install xex menu or fsd from usb i think so it be good to "go with the flow" and do it with a HDD attached)

Peace. (i'll be back when the posty arrive with the new 20 gig HDD)

Last edited:
Not read your last few posts mate as Ive been away and now it's too late in the evening.

I burn xexmenu to a cd-r

Run it

FTP in,

Install xexmenu-live to MS HDD \ Content \ 0000000000000000 \ c0de9999 \ 00080000 \ C0DE99990F586558

---------------------

I can then run Xex Menu from Game Demo's in NXE.

---------------------

FTP in / put DashLaunch / FSD to

HDD:\DashLaunch\*

and HDD:\Freestyle\*

--------------------------

Run DashLaunch (latest patches are aready installed on my glitched machines)

Edit sample_ini.ini on the PC;

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Save as launch.ini

Copy this to to the root of the MS HDD. Make sure that your directory structure matches "HDD:\Freestyle\default.xex" for FSD

The console will now reboot into FSD.

So, just replace HDD:\ with USB0:\ or whatever.

Bed time.

Oggy your a good man! thanks mate, that's really appreciated, will have another go tonight.

My HDD should be here soon! if not then I've backed up the 300 gig that i had attached to the side of it and I'm not bothered about the xbla games, just all the main ones. (how ever there copied over now to me PC so can easily copy them back)

Looks like i missed the "0" from the ini file as had it as USB and not USB0 as you've posted.

Cheers buddy once again. (guess if i get there then me and a few others can then pass on the knowledge! hope so!)

Thanks again.

Dibbs.

Believe or not, I only done my first hdd for jtag 2 weeks ago, so it's all new to me.

Although, when I do my next one, I'll capture it all.

Not read your last few posts mate as Ive been away and now it's too late in the evening.

I burn xexmenu to a cd-r ok done this and burned to CD

Run it

FTP in, (didn''t bother using FTP as had a copy of the "code9999" folder on me CD that i'd just burned.)
Install xexmenu-live to MS HDD \ Content \ 0000000000000000 \ c0de9999 \ 00080000 \ C0DE99990F586558

I Copied over Code9999 to the HDD and looked on the attached HDD for the Content folder and pasted xex menu there.

---------------------

I can then run Xex Menu from Game Demo's in NXE. Cool me too now! :cool:

---------------------

Run DashLaunch (latest patches are aready installed on my glitched machines) Tried to run dashlaunch but just come back with the normal could not find ini file

Edit sample_ini.ini on the PC; Done and edited the following

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Save as launch.ini (done this)

Copy this to to the root of the MS HDD. Make sure that your directory structure matches "HDD:\Freestyle\default.xex" for FSD (think i done this correct)

The console will now reboot into FSD.

Ok with me attaching the HDD to the side of it (the new 20 gig one) then it come up with better results....as now when i booted from xex CD and then copied over the code9999 folder i then could see the folders that are displayed correctly, like the "cache" folder and the "compatibility" folder etc.

Now i went to FSD and run the "installer" and this time it took me to all the settings, (woot!)

There's loads and loads and i think i selected the right ones (like block live etc.)

Then after getting to the end it asked me to press "A" to shut down, which i done......
rebooted and FSD hasn't kicked in! and i can't see it on dashboard ?

Nearly there! i can all most taste it!

When i run the installer i get the following

Dash Launch v2.26(176) Installer
----------------------------------------
For Kernal version 13604

Currently Installed launch.xex: v.2.26(176)

Press A to install or update DashLaunch
Press Y to exit

Writing Launch.xex to flash....File is allready current in flash
Writing ihelper.xex to flash.....File is alread current in flash

Launch.ini found at \Device|harddrisk0\Partition1\
Press A to udpate or B to skip

Last edited:
Edit this;

Launch.ini found at \Device|harddrisk0\Partition1\

To the path of FSD's xex

Like I did with hdd:\Freestyle\default.xex

Thanks man, nearly there, i don't seem to have a fsd.xex ??

25-11-201119-16-45.jpg

25-11-201119-15-39.jpg

ah! think i found the fatal error!

I have had a look on me pc and i have a

new dash with installer etc!

and also i have a folder called "freestyle"

Back in a mo....I hadn't copied the freestyle over to "freestyle" I'd copied over the dash launch to "freestyle" my bad....

Last edited:
Sorted! woot woot! boots straight into FSD!

Ok sorted! if i can lend a hand to a tut then happy days!

Time to format that 300 GIG now and go through the whole process again so i'm confident of doing it and then i'll be able to lend a helping hand!

I'll pull it apart and get the drive fixed as well!

Cheers man!

sorted-thumbs-up_design.jpg

Last edited:
****ing noob!

;)

Glad you got it sorted, was just about to reply saying, thats dashlaunch in your freestyle directory, lol :)

Yip Total N00b!

:Biggrin2:

This is what it should of looked like...chers man! love the new FSD like!

25-11-201120-10-42.jpg

Back