Putting a UK plug on the box?

dj1981ni

Inactive User
Reaction score
Sorry if this sounds stupid but my knowledge on voltage etc is limited. Could I chop the 2 pin plug of and put a UK one on? It did come with an adaptor but how exactly does it fit, its very loose

Just buy a better adapter off ebay, they are only a couple of quid.

dont chop the 2 pin plug off as it will void your warrenty. if need be get yourself another 3 pin converter as there only a few quid. regards mdt

Sorry if this sounds stupid but my knowledge on voltage etc is limited. Could I chop the 2 pin plug of and put a UK one on? It did come with an adaptor but how exactly does it fit, its very loose

assuming you have the usual one have you opened the adapter and inserted 2 pin plug and screwed back together or are you just trying to plug into the bottom of it?

dont chop the 2 pin plug off as it will void your warrenty. if need be get yourself another 3 pin converter as there only a few quid. regards mdt

is there a warranty on these chinese boxes?
i dint know :)

is there a warranty on these chinese boxes?
i dint know :)

they have a 12mnth warranty if you bought from a uk supplier if you bought direct from the manufacturer like me you have to return the circuit board to china

edogg

tell him he should supply a uk adapter it is now illegal to sell electrical goods in the Uk with none standard 13amp plugs

edogg

you could buy one of these

[ame=http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MAINS-UK-CONVERTER-ADAPTER-PLUG-2-PIN-EURO-UK-3-PIN-/120648222202?pt=UK_ConsumerElectronics_PowerAdaptors_SM&hash=item1c1731c5fa]MAINS UK CONVERTER ADAPTER PLUG 2 PIN EURO TO UK 3 PIN on eBay (end time 14-Feb-11 10:59:29 GMT)[/ame]

take out screws and it either flips open or it comes out place 2 pin plug inside screw back up and voila

I'll use that against him if it buggers up and he plays up, This was the adaptor supplied.

that looks like 3pin round adapter to 13amp adapter get the one suggested it's like the one supplied by nintendo

edogg

Back