PSP Camera problem

wrendo12

Inactive User
Reaction score
FW GEN D2
PHAP PSP 1003

Hi just bought invizimals with camera it's the small black camera which you get with game, the game loads up fine but the camera don't work when go into psp menu and click camera it go to a black screen with all menus for camera and the camera red light comes on, but the screen stays black for 2 second then go back to menu. I've cleaned the 2 gold pin cotacts but still the same is it something to do with the firmware really stuck any help would be greatfull thanks.

Hi seeming their is no reply could someone, who has invizimals with the slim black camera on GEN D2 comfirm the camera is working if so then i know their is a problem with my psp, and if no comment their is a problem with GEN D2 thanks.

Ok thanks their must be someone else with this game and camera on gen d2 lol please rely if so doing my head in lol

wife got this game for my boy camera works ok but he just updated using the update on disc official 6.00

So is it safe to run the update from game, will it overwrite my GEN D2 firmware as i don't want to lose this firmware thanks.

not sure mate he already done it it will need remoding again at some time

Hi just found out that it does overwrite your firmware back to orig 6.00 so don't want to be doing this thanks for your replys if any further help please reply.

it will overwrite ur firmware m8
and unless its older psp that u can use a pandora on
then dont do it as even chickhen only works from 5.03

PHAP PSP 1003
u can do pandora on it

Hey i bought invizimals today with the camera and am on the same firmware as you and i have the same problem apparently its the firmware but im hoping to find something maybe a .prx file to fix it or something.

Last edited:
The wife has bought the little lad one of these camera things for Cimbo, his PSP is running 5.0-m33 hope it works.

The wife has bought the little lad one of these camera things for Cimbo, his PSP is running 5.0-m33 hope it works.

The new camera will NOT work on 5.00m33 - it requires firmware above 6.00.

The old PSP GO camera does work but that means that you
1) cannot use the UMD
2) cannot use the enclosed camera
3) Good News you do have a trap.

Scan and print the trap on a new bit of card and sell the game complete, Amazon have the old style camera's still for sale (but they are MORE than the game inc the camera!)

camera wont work on fat psp with 5.5 gen-d2 tryed had to load th fw that came with it to play game

Has anybody managed to get the camera working with a cfw yet? and if you have how did you do it?

Can confirm GEN D3 not working with new go cam hope they solve this problem soon.

Camera doesn't work on 5.70 official firmware

Also tried it on Gen-D3 and get the same issues

Looks like you need official firmware 6.00 +

Same here, 5.5 D2 wont work with new cam, only official 6.x.x works with new cam, however, good news is that 6.2.0 can be downgraded once you're bored with invizimals. Haven't tried D3 yet pandora on the way... will let you know

Same here, 5.5 D2 wont work with new cam, only official 6.x.x works with new cam, however, good news is that 6.2.0 can be downgraded once you're bored with invizimals. Haven't tried D3 yet pandora on the way... will let you know

Not if you have a V3003 PSP :-(

Custom Firmware CFW 5.50GEN-D3 now available

this new update includes:

Compatibility with all known PSN Game/Demo from on 15/12/2009
Compatibility with all known UMD on 15/12/2009
Add ISO SPeed MS loading (Bêta version non really tested because we don't have any fake MS)
Network update

Here are the list of some unpatched new games that has been tested and compatible with the latest firmwares:

Tekken 6
Gundam vs Gundam
Phantasy Star Portable 2
Naruto
J-League Pro Soccer Club o Tsukurou 6 Pride of J
Naruto Shippuden Narutimate Accel 3
James Cameron Avatar The Game
Phantasy Star Portable 2
R-Type Tactics II Operation Bitter Chocolate
Bleach Soul Carnival 2
Battle Spirits Kiseki no Hasha
Yamada

notes from qj.net

Can anyone tell me if this new firmware allows use of the invisimals cam other sites are saying it does. Before i take the update to 6.00 my lad is moaning tha he can't play his game he got for xmas :)

Back