Psp 2003

Trabbs

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a PSP 2003 on 3.80 official firmware. I also have a phat PSP on 5.5 prome-2. Am I right in thinking I need to create a memory stick using grader8, a pandora battery using the phat PSP and then combine the two? Do I pandora-ise the phat or slim battery?

Any help appreciated, I have done a search and d/l grader 8 elsewhere as the links to download are not open to me.

Thanks

Last edited:
I have a PSP 2003 on 3.80 official firmware. I also have a phat PSP on 5.5 prome-2. Am I right in thinking I need to create a memory stick using grader8, a pandora battery using the phat PSP and then combine the two? Do I pandora-ise the phat or slim battery?

Any help appreciated, I have done a search and d/l grader 8 elsewhere as the links to download are not open to me.

Thanks

ok 1st update yours to prom 4 https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/252155/

now on the fat run psp grader 8
then press select on ur fat psp and choose make pandora.
now take out battery
insert again holding left trigger button.
u should get a menu to flash to 5.00m33.(dont)
if u do get gend3 here
place everything on root of card,it will overwrite what it needs to.

now goto card on psp and run it
now u will see option to make xgen pandora choose that.
now battery out then in again holding left trigger
and you should get option to goto gend 3.
isf all ok stick card then battery (left trigger into other psp andflash ,then add prom 4 to that .)
once all done put ur battery back in ur psp .press select ,choose make normal .job done.

Last edited by a moderator:
John, I know I'm being dim here but.......are you saying I shouldn't flash to 5.0mm33 on phat, but if I do, go to gend3 from your link. I will give it a go tonight. Thanks for your help, I'm sure all will become clear to me.

Oh dear, not good news. Didn't understand the first part of the instructions. I made pandoras battery, got my phat PSP to 5.50 gen d3, put the memory card and pandora into slim PSP and ran the flash - all seemed okay, it said done but now I only get green light when I try to turn on! Sounds like I have messed up so where did I go wrong?

Oh dear, not good news. Didn't understand the first part of the instructions. I made pandoras battery, got my phat PSP to 5.50 gen d3, put the memory card and pandora into slim PSP and ran the flash - all seemed okay, it said done but now I only get green light when I try to turn on! Sounds like I have messed up so where did I go wrong?

you trying to turn on with a pandora battery in?
you will only get green light if u aint got the pandora card in.
turn on using power no battery.

Thanks John, went through all memory cards and batteries options. Ended up with original slim battery which is normal and gend3 memory card and it started okay. So now I have it started I need to upgrade it to Prom4 by adding those files to memory card in PSP/GAME folder? then put battery back in phat and restore battery to normal?

Edit: copied prom files to PSP/game folder and then ran on slim psp but just get white startup screen with PSP on it and nothing else happens. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? should I be doing this on mains power? All sorted now - I think! I guess I need to have the prom 4 on each memory card?

Last edited:
Thanks John, went through all memory cards and batteries options. Ended up with original slim battery which is normal and gend3 memory card and it started okay. So now I have it started I need to upgrade it to Prom4 by adding those files to memory card in PSP/GAME folder? then put battery back in phat and restore battery to normal?

stick prom 4 i psp/game
run it from psp.

switch urs on with power then insert battery
put ur fat battery back into ur psp press select and make normal.

Now I am really confused! I seem to have some form of intermittant fault. Sometimes the slim psp turns on no problem, I can see aht my system settings are and it reads games from memory card. Other times, I turn it on and just get green light and I have to remove battery. Any ideas?

wierd - I just plugged in a USB cable from PC and it started and I am now playing Gran Turismo on it! Sounds like an intermittant fault - has anyone come across something llike this before?

Last edited:
Now I am really confused! I seem to have some form of intermittant fault. Sometimes the slim psp turns on no problem, I can see aht my system settings are and it reads games from memory card. Other times, I turn it on and just get green light and I have to remove battery. Any ideas?

wierd - I just plugged in a USB cable from PC and it started and I am now playing Gran Turismo on it! Sounds like an intermittant fault - has anyone come across something llike this before?

?????
so u switch on slim psp and you get green lite?
did u make pandora with that battery
u have my msn m8 .
just gees a shout any time

Ah well msm in itself may cause me problems - I've only ever used it about twice lol!

I didn't make pandora with slim battery.

Its been running since I edited the last post. Sometimes it comes on and works fine, other times it comes on with green light and I have take battery out to turn it off?

Sounds like something intermittant to me, was just wondering whether you had come across this before?

Appreciate your help John.

Last edited:
Ah well msm in itself may cause me problems - I've only ever used it about twice lol!

Its been running since I edited the last post. Sometimes it comes on and works fine, other times it comes on with green light and I have take battery out to turn it off?

Sounds like something intermittant to me, was just wondering whether you had come across this before?

Appreciate your help John.

take battery out(no power lead)
put it in again ,tell me wat it does.

Just tried that and it came back on again. In fact, just tried it twice and it worked both times!

Just tried that and it came back on again. In fact, just tried it twice and it worked both times!

if u have made the battery a pandora and have the pandora files still on card,
then it will come on if u put battery in or switch on.
but if u take card out all u will get is a green power light.

Just powered it right off, took out memory card and put battery back in again and it came on. I don't understand it at all, I felt sure you had hit the nail on the head and I had somehow made a pandora battery in the new one!

Just tried it again and it came on again so I don't know what was causing it? Maybe I have somehow converted battery back to normal using select button without realising it!

Just powered it right off, took out memory card and put battery back in again and it came on. I don't understand it at all, I felt sure you had hit the nail on the head and I had somehow made a pandora battery in the new one!

Just tried it again and it came on again so I don't know what was causing it? Maybe I have somehow converted battery back to normal using select button without realising it!

if its playing up with you .restore defaults
or even run pandora on it again.

How would I restore defaults? I will probably just see how it goes but just in case!

;o)

Thanks again for all your help, it is always appreciated.

Playing silly beggars again. I reset the defaults and it carried on working then when I went to exit Gran Turismo - I said exit game and it please wait and then never shut down so I took out battery and it hasn't started since! Any ideas?

Back