ps3 slim wont accept disk after laser replacement

leestevenson1988

Inactive User
Reaction score
hopefully someone can help! bought a replacement laser as my old one stopped reading disks properly, having taken it apart and replaced the laser I have connnected it up but when trying to insert a disk there is a little white bit of plastic in the middle of the disk tray stopping me inserting any disks. Tried holding down the eject button and taking it apart again and making sure its all connected properly but still this white bit of plastic in the disk tray stopping me from putting any new games in, any ideas ?

u watched a dissemble guide on Youtube? maybe that will help find where it came from. I did mine years ago and it was no bother

u watched a dissemble guide on Youtube? maybe that will help find where it came from. I did mine years ago and it was no bother

I did, I followed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3GZNlp6Gfs.

I have now managed to reset the disk tray but now when I put a disk in it doesn't accept the disk its like when I start to push it in it doesn't accept the disk like it should it allows me to move the disk in and out without detection. Any ideas?

You have to make sure everything is set right or it will do this , when you put the plastic top back on there`s a couple of holes near the middle , you have to make sure there is no white plastic showing through the holes , as this stops the disc being inserted. There is a video on youtube telling you about this.

Step8.jpg

Last edited:
Back