Ps3 slim not taking disks now :(

Edz72

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

First post and hope someone can help me before the big hammer comes out!!!

Recently my ps3 slim stopped reading blu ray disks so I purchase a new laser tray and replaced it. Now the drive won't take disks in, and I've unplugged all ribbons/cables several times in the hope that it's my mistake rather than another part required but it's not looking good :(

From what I have read it could well be a motor that needs replacing but was hoping that someone might be able to guide me as I can't find a replacement in the uk so would have to order from the states.

Annoying that one fault has now lead to another, any advice/help would be great :)

if it's any thing like the phat ones have you put the drive together correctly, it could be worth opening it back up.

On the phats there are a couple of white spindles and they need to be sat right in the groves on the top part of the housing to be able to work, I only know after putting a drive back together then it would not take any disks and the like. had to open it back up and make sure they were all sat......

I posted about it some where, I'll try and find it for you.

here you go mate

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you take the game out first before you opened the drive ???

if not check this out ...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Did you take the game out first before you opened the drive ???

if not check this out ...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No disk in drive, and I've already dealt with a disk in a phat but unfortunately the slim is not the same :(

Cheers for the replies.

Back