ps3 random shut down

jammoboss

Inactive User
Reaction score
Well this has only happened twice whilst using my ps3, just out of nowhere it will turn itself off and flash the red light, i have read this could be overheating but it was only turned on yesterday for about 5 minutes when this happened.

It has already been fixed with ylod months ago. The ps3 still works but what can cause this random shut down?

Thanks

if its anything like the xboxes it doesn't take long for them to overheat when they had red lights

It could be a few things sadly overheating being more likely with it being fixed in the past. I have fixed the old fat i had ages ago and got another 3 months out of it. I thought at the time would last longer as wasn't been used to play games only films, but wasn't the case.
Also learnt since if you have fixed a ps3 not to have it standing up, as if it's overheating then the soilder will run down removing it away from the contacts. so it's best to have it lying flat, maybe even buy a clip on fan as the 1 in the fat is rubbish.
Could be down to the game your using, causing the ps3 to crash. If the game has corrupt date, if it's a copy etc.

thanks guys, like i said it was only a few minutes into it when it shut down, i was actually playing mortal Kombat and i have not done an update since i installed it.

I might play another game and see if it does it or i might just update Mortal kombat.

I hate to say this but looks like the YLOD symptons are coming back - I had the same issue ;-( ....

-Badaman

Yep, have to agree YLOD is coming back. I would get it down Game etc and see if you can trade it in lol

JohnO

yes you were right the ylod kicked in ten minutes ago, oh well, I will have to get my mate to fix it and sell it becuae this is the second time now.

Better off to fix it mate and put it on ebay, i had the same problems ,my old ps3 would work for about three months or so and then i would have to reflow the bloody thing again , Don't think there is a perment fix,once you get ylod:(

Pre-heater, hot air station and qood quality flux will give a lasting fix.

Back