Ps3 help!

oops, wrong message

Last edited:
IT WORKED!!!!!!!!

THANKS ALOT GUYS,

The only thing that concerns me is that they said the couier will check the serial numbers upon delivery ???

as firemouth says mate they dont check mate so will be fine they told me the same

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!

THANKS ALOT GUYS,

The only thing that concerns me is that they said the couier will check the serial numbers upon delivery ???

They said they would check the serial?, thats not good.

Hopefully when I get my old bank statement, it should have an invoice from GAME and they should accept it as proof of purchase. Sales of Goods act states that electronics should be of satisfactory quality and of working order for atleast 2 years. Hopefully with this knowledege and a phonecall to trading standards, GAME will replace it for me!

This is plan B!

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!

THANKS ALOT GUYS,

They didnt mention the courier checking it to me.

When he came he just opened the box, took new one out and stuck the old one it the box and sealed it up and didnt check a thing.

They didnt mention the courier checking it to me.

When he came he just opened the box, took new one out and stuck the old one it the box and sealed it up and didnt check a thing.

I hope he doesnt check!!,

Its arriving on tuesday, ill keep you all posted!!

They said they would check the serial?, thats not good.

Hopefully when I get my old bank statement, it should have an invoice from GAME and they should accept it as proof of purchase. Sales of Goods act states that electronics should be of satisfactory quality and of working order for atleast 2 years. Hopefully with this knowledege and a phonecall to trading standards, GAME will replace it for me!

This is plan B!

there is a good chance that game will replace it, with proof of purchase. gamestation have being doing it for a while, and gamestation are owned by game. gamestation will accept credit card statements as proof of purchase

there is a good chance that game will replace it, with proof of purchase. gamestation have being doing it for a while, and gamestation are owned by game. gamestation will accept credit card statements as proof of purchase

Thanks for the Info mate, I'll keep you lot posted!

cause if its posted..if u type broken ps3 in google. you'll end up with people comin and going takin the info and then sony will find out soon and everybody will be screwed..less people know the better..

bang on m8 couldnt of said it better !!! we DONT WANT SONY TO FIND OUT !!!!!!!!!

firemouth someone i know tired to do this but they said his serial was out off date.his is an 80 gig one.any ideas bud..waitin to find out what they said and what he said..without doin this myself im needin to ask yourself bud so i can help him
did he use the right codes m8? 1's off me and astra?

heres the info i got mate but change the chchg03 with cechm03 as this is the 80gb model number and the 80gbs are still under warenty good luck

1.you need to phone sony exchange,..and tell them you bought the box from,.E.G,..argos,etc,etc.6 months ago,.then you had the problem you have been explaining on the forum!

2. they will go through the rebooting procedure with you,..but as i no,. and they no,.. it will not work.

3. after this they will tell you a exchange will be required,..as it,s in warrenty.

4. they will require you ps3 seriel number,..use this 1 FOR A 40 GIG ONE and change few digits,..08--274 -30370-052-8506-CHCHG03 " DONT CHANGE CHCH03 THO",..as this states it,s a 40 gig ps3.

5.next they will give you a delivery date/time.

6. the courier will arrive with a sealed box you must open it,..then put your faulty 1 inside then seal it up.

thats it,...nothings checked by the couriier,..or sony exchange they will refurbish your faulty 1.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THATS IT NICE 1 M8 JUST TELL THE WORLD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WONT BE LONG B4 SONY FIND OUT NOW YOU LOUD MOUTH IDIOT , DIDNT YOU READ THE POST ABOVE EXPLAING WHY WE WONT POST IT !!!!!!!!! DERR OBVIOUSLY NOT !!!! IDIOT!!!!!:FINGER:
Great info mate,

I just tried this and got told i need to produce a receipt as i could have purchased my 40g PS3 in the last 6 months lol

I did use the code 02-2734 03703117385 cechgo3

I didnt tell them what gig it was but they found out from this.

I also gave them all my details!!

Any one with any codes please and also what i should do about giving my detials ?

Many thanks :)

WHATEVER DO WOT YOU WANT JUST TELL EVERYBODY!!!!!!!
:Chainsaw::Chainsaw::lsabre::FINGER:

Nope, dont worry i wont mate,

Cant someone PM him and tell him to get it off,

dont want them clocking on!!!!

Last edited:

How do i delete a post ?

I tried to use the edit button, but isnt there on my old posts

just found this on another site!www**************co*uk/forums/f15/ps3-replacement-help-59623/

Found This Info on getting your faulty ps3 replaced for anyone who had had theres broken down and sony wont listen

1.you need to phone sony exchange,..and tell them you bought the box from,.E.G,..argos,etc,etc.6 months ago,.then you had the problem you have been explaining on the forum!

2. they will go through the rebooting procedure with you,..but as i no,. and they no,.. it will not work.

3. after this they will tell you a exchange will be required,..as it,s in warrenty.

4. they will require you ps3 seriel number,..use this 1 FOR A 40 GIG ONE and change few digits,..08--274 -30370-052-8506-CHCHG03 " DONT CHANGE CHCH03 THO",..as this states it,s a 40 gig ps3.

5.next they will give you a delivery date/time.

6. the courier will arrive with a sealed box you must open it,..then put your faulty 1 inside then seal it up.

thats it,...nothings checked by the couriier,..or sony exchange they will refurbish your faulty 1.

change the chchg03 with cechm03 as this is the 80gb model number and the 80gbs are still under warenty good luck

thats the exact quote

now look and its someone off here who's posted it , so no more help from me on this problem and ill also ask astra not to give anymore keys out

nice 1 peeps
:Chainsaw::salute::FINGER::FINGER::feck:: whip :: asshole

Last edited:
did he use the right codes m8? 1's off me and astra?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THATS IT NICE 1 M8 JUST TELL THE WORLD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WONT BE LONG B4 SONY FIND OUT NOW YOU LOUD MOUTH IDIOT , DIDNT YOU READ THE POST ABOVE EXPLAING WHY WE WONT POST IT !!!!!!!!! DERR OBVIOUSLY NOT !!!! IDIOT!!!!!:FINGER:

WHATEVER DO WOT YOU WANT JUST TELL EVERYBODY!!!!!!!
:Chainsaw::Chainsaw::lsabre::FINGER:

Lol the exact info can be found in this thread already which is basicaly pretend its an 80gb an use part of an 80gb serial just making it a bit more clear to the others do you not think sony will find out when the serials an models of ps3s dont match up ive found this info on other forums too.

This site has always had this kind of info in the freebie section ect with psps 360s ps3s replaced for nothing so im not the 1st and certainly wont be the last to post this kind of info and psps are still getting replaced

do you not think sony will find out when the serials an models of ps3s dont match up ive found this info on other forums too.

NO they wont, or can't! or they would have by now, "SIMPLES". :Cheers:
and, anyway, who cares? its their carriers word, against yours, once the unit has lets you gaff, you have no responsibility for it m8

its ok i never left anything on the site bout it..thats why i got ya to email is bud..firemouth i was helpin this guy with his and he's got it sorted so cheers..im just glad i tradin my fat 60 gig in for a new slim..no problems for me lol

hey any chance firemouth/astra can pm me the details? Cheers or is this not working now ????

why couldnt people just keep it in ur pms about this, the less people that post it on the internet the lesser chance sony have of finding out about it!!

why did i waste my time sending pm's helping people out if someone was gonna post it on here anyway!!

lets just hope sony dont clock on

:grrrr::wtf:

What would Sony say, is this not illegal? I'm still going to do it, I just want to know what rule I've broken :D

What would Sony say, is this not illegal? I'm still going to do it, I just want to know what rule I've broken :D

just do it m8! nobody else has had any problems so dont see why u should.

just do it m8! nobody else has had any problems so dont see why u should.

Yeah mate, First I'm going to try and get GAME to replace it when I present them with a bank statment and some knowledge about the SOGA! (Sales of Goods Act) If they dont have any of that, I'll do it this way! :)

Back